The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Innovations and New Technology

#11   IP: 86.186.123.49
Old 02-12-2016, 06:16 PM
Sublime Master Elected

Default Re: grease guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by komatsu View Post
Obviously never used one before then
didnt say i had,people i know own them i said
  #12   IP: 2.13.249.72
Old 02-12-2016, 06:39 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Quote:
Yeh very happy with mine too, Eddie got me into the one I have, would never change back, certainly not missing messing around with grease the old way.
Yes I have one and think its an improvement over standard stuff - I still need on of those g couplers though ...... or grow another effin arm
  #13   IP: 178.106.24.146
Old 02-12-2016, 06:44 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart1602 View Post
didnt say i had,people i know own them i said
I know????...what I'm suggesting is,maybe try one and you might be pleasantly surprised how good they are.
  #14   IP: 178.106.24.146
Old 02-12-2016, 06:45 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by furniss480 View Post
Yes I have one and think its an improvement over standard stuff - I still need on of those g couplers though ...... or grow another effin arm
Not tryed one but everyone seems to rave about them so going to try one and see.
  #15   IP: 86.139.114.252
Old 02-12-2016, 07:42 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Not tryed one but everyone seems to rave about them so going to try one and see.
The G couplers are just great Ollie .... worth every penny
  #16   IP: 86.155.227.174
Old 02-12-2016, 11:43 PM
Knight of the East

i have a fuchs gun and a copy version, both broken, i wouldnt advise you get one, allemites have been good for us. never broken one yet, although lost a few via lads being careless.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #17   IP: 87.254.76.197
Old 03-12-2016, 07:24 AM
Grand Master Architect

Tom at Exc@v8 gave me a Fuchs gun with Menzi and I love it so quick and clean never air locks don't know how your lads manage to brake them Dan
I still have a couple of standard JCB guns that get used for odd things like hammer grease as I have a box of standard tubes in stock once they are gone it will be all Fuchs system
As far as grease guns go the JCB ones I have are ok and till I had the Fuchs I thought they where good but the screw a cartridge on unscrew it when it's empty or half empty if you want no mess no contamination no empty tube stuck in the barrel of the gun (Ambra tubes are bad for this in my experience) when i have an empty Fuchs tube I screw the cap of the new tube back on the old tube so if you chuck the empty in the digger tool box or the back of van till you get chance to dispose of it it's totally clean can't say that with a normal tube But I guess if you are a driver that greases up and just chucks the empty tube on the ground it's no matter if it's clean or not 😫 Sorry pet hate of mine
  #18   IP: 86.138.19.33
Old 03-12-2016, 08:33 AM
Prince of Jerusalem

Sean, the only way Dan's broke them is tracking over the top of them, Defo not worn out through Use.

I like the Alemite guns, tried the speedy grease gun which works but really needs to go back into the van each time or you end up with a broken gun and a shitty mess. Magnet is brilliant and it will work with standard cartridges but really you need the proper ones..... If your then going to Refill them it's a Pita and more time consuming than faffing with cartridges.

https://jdparts.deere.com/partsmkt/d...huttle_sys.htm
John Deere Sell screw on grease guns that work on suction.... I have one here and If we end up using grease loader buckets it's the way we will go. Unlike the Speedy and the Fuchs the cartridge is enclosed in the gun which stops it getting squashed in the digger toolbox. They also sell a Loader fitting that allows you to fill the cartridges off loader buckets in a far neater tidier way than alemite/standard guns. Other big plus is you have the storage capacity of cartridges with the cost benefit of a bucket and the cleanliness benefit of the Fuchs.

Each to there own. If you have the time and space to look after a Fuchs or Speedy then theres not so much issue. If it's going to get used and abused then Alemite is quality.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #19   IP: 31.185.213.2
Old 03-12-2016, 08:54 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

I think the main thing is use what you are happy with, but use it. The money people invest in machines it amazes me the don't all get well looked after.
But, being self taught and not bought up around plant I thought more grease was better and was always liberal with it. That was until slew ring seals blew and as Tim said, where did I think all that grease was going? So stick to greasing guidelines.
Graham
  #20   IP: 86.139.93.220
Old 03-12-2016, 08:57 AM
Knight of the East

sean, the fuch ones i have have blown a seal internally, so they dont have any pressure, love the catridge system though. the problem i have with grease guns is the juice they ooze when left in the van, how do people stop that?