The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Industry Chat

#1   IP: 31.52.94.221
Old 01-08-2017, 12:32 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Citb ..... Omg .... !!!!!

Robin' bar stewards springs to mind !!

Wants completely re-staffing with people who know WTF they are doing and not lining their pockets
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CITB.jpg (99.4 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg CITB2.jpg (100.8 KB, 168 views)
  #2   IP: 86.158.218.135
Old 01-08-2017, 06:17 AM
Knight of the East

Default Re: Citb ..... Omg .... !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Wants completely re-staffing with people who know WTF they are doing and not lining their pockets
I'll volunteer to be Grand Master Chairman.... a position I just made up that requires me to visit every 6 months to collect a substantial cheque made out to me....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

" "It's not just for money alone that one spends a lifetime building up a business…. It's to preserve a way of life that one knew and loved. No, I can't see my way to selling out to the new vested interests, Mr. Jorkin. I'll have to be loyal to the old ways and die out with them if needs must" - Mr Fezziewig, 1721 - Fuck knows dickens never told me.
  #3   IP: 31.52.94.221
Old 01-08-2017, 08:56 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
I'll volunteer to be Grand Master Chairman.... a position I just made up that requires me to visit every 6 months to collect a substantial cheque made out to me....
you'd be doing a shift or two more than the current one then mate .... and couldn't do any worse than the current gold diggers do. WTF does all the money go?
Needs a full public audit for at least the last 10 years and people held to full fiscal account
  #4   IP: 213.205.198.244
Old 05-08-2017, 07:15 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

No tax payers money?

Its running costs are funded by the levy which is basically a tax that all Ltd construction companies are liable to pay by law.
Thankfully it is turnover based. The big boys pay hundreds of thousands each, minions like myself fall below the threshold, luckily.

So that makes it ok then? apparently.

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #5   IP: 81.151.174.255
Old 05-08-2017, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasRob View Post
No tax payers money?

Its running costs are funded by the levy which is basically a tax that all Ltd construction companies are liable to pay by law.
Thankfully it is turnover based. The big boys pay hundreds of thousands each, minions like myself fall below the threshold, luckily.

So that makes it ok then? apparently.
£51 million Rob
  #6   IP: 213.205.198.244
Old 05-08-2017, 09:14 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
£51 million Rob
Exactly but the comment is, no tax payers money in "running" it ffs. eg the payouts were not from "our" pockets.

Should be a public enquiry into CITB and folk held accountable for the diabolical state of training that the country now has.

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

#7   IP: 81.151.174.255
Old 05-08-2017, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasRob View Post
Exactly but the comment is, no tax payers money in "running" it ffs. eg the payouts were not from "our" pockets.

Should be a public enquiry into CITB and folk held accountable for the diabolical state of training that the country now has.
got you mate .... thought you were refering to the honey pot they glibly dip into!

You can guarantee they don't run it separately funded

As for the rest ....... totally agree .. it's a bloody fiasco
  #8   IP: 92.40.248.115
Old 05-08-2017, 11:01 PM
Master Elect of Nine

That's the trouble with this fine country of ours, the education system is geared up to academics.
They keep drumming into kids that they need all these A levels and GCSEs to get a good job,
They don't teach them anything about life in schools, it's about time they started teaching kids how to change a plug top, how to stop a tap from dripping.
Most kids these day think the world owes them something, they don't want to get there hand dirty and think it beneath them to be a plumber or sparky or chippy and so on.

Why would the kids want to go out and work, when mum and dad site on there arses all day and let the tax payer pay for them.

And don't even start me on the bloody imagrents.
  #9   IP: 86.229.147.134
Old 06-08-2017, 08:35 AM
Master Elect of Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by delbouy View Post
And don't even start me on the bloody imagrents.

Not the place for it and I dont want to start a heated discussion, I actually agree with most of what you say but seeing as you brought immigration up I wanted to say that Ive literally been on the receiving end of comments like that and it gets your back up, Im an immigrant who works his butt off, pays hefty taxes, helps with local employment both directly and indirectly .......... nothings as clear cut as that.... there are immigrants and there are immigrants.
  #10   IP: 178.107.212.222
Old 06-08-2017, 12:12 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by furniss480 View Post
Not the place for it and I dont want to start a heated discussion, I actually agree with most of what you say but seeing as you brought immigration up I wanted to say that Ive literally been on the receiving end of comments like that and it gets your back up, Im an immigrant who works his butt off, pays hefty taxes, helps with local employment both directly and indirectly .......... nothings as clear cut as that.... there are immigrants and there are immigrants.
Have to agree with you there, we have some absolutely fantastic lads from abroad working with us, and I'd quite happily put them up against any British lads!!, it's a pleasure to be able to work with them and work with people with the same work ethic as yourself.....you usually find the people making comments like that are the lazy fuckers who feel threatened by been shown up for what they are.