The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Industry Chat

#1   IP: 86.143.138.182
Old 05-10-2017, 03:25 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default so basically they're bust

when you look at what they owe their pension fund alone, they're completely insolvent!!

No company should be allowed to fall behind on pension contributions OR be allowed access to these funds to borrow from, or use as they fancy/like.
All pension funds should be ring-fenced and totally inaccessible for use other than their intended purpose

http://www.theconstructionindex.co.u...losses-top-1bn
  #2   IP: 86.138.20.91
Old 05-10-2017, 09:57 PM
Knight of the East

Default Re: so basically they're bust

It's alright, tomorrow will be a better place

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #3   IP: 86.143.138.182
Old 06-10-2017, 12:31 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
It's alright, tomorrow will be a better place
I wouldn't bet on that one Rory
  #4   IP: 86.176.152.103
Old 06-10-2017, 01:08 PM
Secret Master

Certainly wouldn't want to be a suby on any its sites, it used to be bad enough....but now the bean counters will be further instructed to be ruthless....
in what will be called an efficiency drive......extending the 90-120 days to longer if you become a tier 1 contractor
  #5   IP: 91.125.242.207
Old 06-10-2017, 04:51 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Surprisingly enough I’m still being paid on time at 30 days on the dot. It is obviously a concern as I do a lot of work for one of their divisions, but so far all okay, so fingers crossed.
I thought everyone knew buying work only leads to upset later on, but I guess whoever has been consistently underpricing tenders is too young to have learnt the lessons of the past.
I do wonder if they are “too big to fail” like the banks. When you consider they run the MOD and seem to be involved in most big infrastructure projects if they were to shut down over night there would be chaos.
Graham
  #6   IP: 86.143.138.182
Old 06-10-2017, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams View Post
Surprisingly enough I’m still being paid on time at 30 days on the dot. It is obviously a concern as I do a lot of work for one of their divisions, but so far all okay, so fingers crossed.
I thought everyone knew buying work only leads to upset later on, but I guess whoever has been consistently underpricing tenders is too young to have learnt the lessons of the past.
I do wonder if they are “too big to fail” like the banks. When you consider they run the MOD and seem to be involved in most big infrastructure projects if they were to shut down over night there would be chaos.
Graham
aye you're probably right Gra ..... there's a few out there like that and the banks stand to lose so much if they went, they continue to float them, even though they're bottomless money pits

When did the PSA bite the dust then Boyo?
  #7   IP: 87.115.203.232
Old 07-10-2017, 10:09 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
When did the PSA bite the dust then Boyo?
Got to be 10+ years ago I guess
  #8   IP: 86.136.8.243
Old 27-11-2017, 10:49 PM

yet more bad news ..... and even more bad news

HTF are they still trading with debts ten times their worth

http://www.theconstructionindex.co.u...from-carillion

http://www.theconstructionindex.co.u...carillion-jobs
  #9   IP: 87.112.232.190
Old 28-11-2017, 06:09 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
yet more bad news ..... and even more bad news
HTF are they still trading with debts ten times their worth
Too big/important to be allowed to fail, like the banks.
Graham
  #10   IP: 86.136.8.243
Old 29-11-2017, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams View Post
Too big/important to be allowed to fail, like the banks.
Graham
scandalous though Gra, that:-
(a) they're allowed to be in control of all that they are, without being able to manage their own fiscal affairs, in a business like and solvent manner
(b) they will be allowed to continue in their cavalier manner, knowing they'll get propped up and not 'allowed' to fail
and
(c) it'll be tax payer's money doing it

You can guarantee the little people will be the first and foremost to suffer in any 'streamlining' / cost cutting exercises that get instigated

You, or I, or Joe Blogs'd be wound up long ago and all the blood sucked out of us, along with the marrow too !!!!!!