The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Industry Chat

#1   IP: 109.189.196.27
Old 12-11-2017, 12:11 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Default Here's the school boy just seconds away from getting hit With the heavy transport

Here's the school boy just seconds away from getting hit
With only a few centimeters, the heavy transport driver is capable of avoiding a serious accident.

Parents should show this video to their children saw them could see how fast it is almost being crushed under a truck

https://translate.google.no/translat...-text=&act=url

Because it is less competition there.
  #2   IP: 87.112.232.190
Old 12-11-2017, 06:15 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Default Re: Here's the school boy just seconds away from getting hit With the heavy transport

I can't believe the lorry stopped in time. If that had been my landrover and trailer there is no way I could have stopped in that distance. Crossing behind the bus wasn't the cleverest thing I've seen.
Graham
  #3   IP: 213.205.252.133
Old 12-11-2017, 11:08 PM
Secret Master

Default Re: Here's the school boy just seconds away from getting hit With the heavy transport

Jesus that is one hell a driver amazed he managed to stop, Ive driven trucks and road trains in Oz and know they take some serious stopping

Turning Mud Pies into Strawberry Tart!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #4   IP: 86.136.9.53
Old 13-11-2017, 12:53 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

spectacular piece of driving .... and some serious tech in the truck to stop in that distance I doubt your average car could have matched that
VERY lucky kid
  #5   IP: 86.143.239.246
Old 13-11-2017, 06:29 AM
Knight of the East and West

That is one lucky kid, amazing stopping power! Credit to the driver, he wonít forget that in a hurry.

If the kid hadnít run away a little then it could have been a really different video.

I also wonder how much the driver had anticipated such a thing happening, heíd of seen the bus parked there and the kids getting off of it. You can see that he hadnít hit the brakes until he saw the kid, but I wouldnít mind betting that he came off the gas a long way before the bus, and was most likely covering the brake. Scrubbing a few mph off before he hit the brakes could have saved the kids life.
Thatís the difference between being on the ball, or being switched off and being oblivious to your surroundings......
  #6   IP: 83.197.99.72
Old 13-11-2017, 07:05 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
That is one lucky kid, amazing stopping power! Credit to the driver, he won’t forget that in a hurry.

If the kid hadn’t run away a little then it could have been a really different video.

I also wonder how much the driver had anticipated such a thing happening, he’d of seen the bus parked there and the kids getting off of it. You can see that he hadn’t hit the brakes until he saw the kid, but I wouldn’t mind betting that he came off the gas a long way before the bus, and was most likely covering the brake. Scrubbing a few mph off before he hit the brakes could have saved the kids life.
That’s the difference between being on the ball, or being switched off and being oblivious to your surroundings......
spot on - I remember watching an advanced driving video years ago about anticipating potential danger etc , it made me think differently about the way I drive and has stuck with me since, saved my skin 2 or 3 times over 30 years of motorbikes, as you say he was surely off the gas and foot over the brake just in case and it likely made the difference..... even so impressive stopping power, wonder if he was empty ?

Ha ..... some interesting translation if you read down.

Last edited by furniss480; 13-11-2017 at 07:07 PM.
  #7   IP: 188.222.173.206
Old 13-11-2017, 07:12 PM
Sublime Master Elected

yeah,we all need a pussy break