The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Commercial Vehicles

#11   IP: 92.14.71.224
Old 14-04-2018, 11:06 PM
Knight of the East

Default Re: Hiab truck or trailer mounted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul38 View Post
so its that size as a minimum, it will only be used by myself so happy for it to be on the limit
did u fit yourself?
I fitted the first one that had manual controls was on a Daf 85 made a sub frame that went from behind the cab to the back of the truck and fitted rear legs as well, mine was on air suspension so if it only had legs on the Crane the rear of the truck would be going up and down all the time as the weight shifted when lifting and slewing, it’s a fair job took me a about a week, even made a recess in the fuel tank for the front leg and had to remove the exhaust and make a “new” one that went up the back of the cab out of 4” stainless steel milk pipe on the other side for the leg also.
The other two have had them fitted
I would buy a truck with one fitted but if you think your truck is too good to move on, maybe fit the Crane on the trailer neck would only need the Crane legs because of the length of the trailer plus you will gain 2 meters as mentioned earlier would be a very easy way to fit a crane as will fix straight to the chassis with a few guesses

If you can't buy it build it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #12   IP: 86.139.113.229
Old 15-04-2018, 12:21 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul38 View Post
I am thinking about a hiab crane which needs to be able to lift 20ft containers.
I run a unit with 35ft low loader, and have a demount body on the unit for small loads
I am wondering firstly what size or crane and second do I mount on truck or trailer, my concern would be no small body after crane is fitted
Thanks
Told you 'the Mog' is the guru Boyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogman View Post
And a 26 footer to shift 20’ boxes and screens, can get in places an 8 wheeler can’t

Can only post one picture at a time no wonder it’s going down the pan
Oooh ..... there's me trailer ..... heavily modified

aye well .... what can you say eh ???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0918.jpg (92.1 KB, 105 views)
  #13   IP: 92.14.71.224
Old 15-04-2018, 09:45 AM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post

Oooh ..... there's me trailer ..... heavily modified

Afraid not, “your” trailer was too low to couple up to my truck this one has 22.5” wheels, I ended up cutting that trailer up just kept the axle for export along with the tool boxes and chock rail which I welded onto this one
My trailer was a urban tautliner so cut the roof off along with the head board and made a nice short flat on air suspension
On a side note should of bought the aluminium rams that your mate had would of been handy on this one

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #14   IP: 86.139.113.229
Old 15-04-2018, 11:08 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Afraid not, “your” trailer was too low to couple up to my truck this one has 22.5” wheels, I ended up cutting that trailer up just kept the axle for export along with the tool boxes and chock rail which I welded onto this one
My trailer was a urban tautliner so cut the roof off along with the head board and made a nice short flat on air suspension
On a side note should of bought the aluminium rams that your mate had would of been handy on this one
tha's what that one was too Mog .... curtain sided Tradeteam Excel dray, hence the lil' wheels.

can well imagine it was too low for your 5th wheel though

can't believe that was Nov. '15

Yeh those ramps were a bargain, no question
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20151121_14_03_30_Pro.jpg (96.8 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20151121_14_13_44_Pro.jpg (98.2 KB, 94 views)
  #15   IP: 92.14.71.224
Old 23-04-2018, 07:54 PM
Knight of the East

This is the rear endow my truck with the drawbar hitch, even got a tow ball for the caravan
D7FAC544-D8FC-4CDB-ADA6-097D4BC623DC.jpg

#16   IP: 86.128.106.169
Old 23-04-2018, 11:29 PM

Quote:
This is the rear endow my truck with the drawbar hitch, even got a tow ball for the caravan
Attachment 29462
Like the air tank strap racks Mog ... I assume the gert ball ended post is for your 5th wheel demountable body ??
  #17   IP: 85.255.236.15
Old 24-04-2018, 10:49 AM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Like the air tank strap racks Mog ... I assume the gert ball ended post is for your 5th wheel demountable body ??
Not quite the strap rack is a couple of gas cylinders welded together and the ball is to shift a Doppstadt basic onto my trailer there is only one in the country at the moment and I’m the only person that can load and unload my self without help
Can’t beat being self sufficient

Would love to show you a picture of it but won’t let

Try later

#18   IP: 86.128.106.169
Old 24-04-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Not quite the strap rack is a couple of gas cylinders welded together and the ball is to shift a Doppstadt basic onto my trailer there is only one in the country at the moment and I’m the only person that can load and unload my self without help
Can’t beat being self sufficient

Would love to show you a picture of it but won’t let

Try later:
send it down Mog ... I'll chuck it in here, for you

presumably that Doppstadt post is a drop in jobbie? .... looks smack bang in the way for yer 5th wheel pin alignment

PS ...... love your reg. no. Boyo

Last edited by V8Druid; 24-04-2018 at 05:30 PM.
  #19   IP: 92.14.71.224
Old 24-04-2018, 05:41 PM
Knight of the East

Yes the ‘ball’ fits in a socket welded into the Crane sub frame
63A2E04A-E5C6-4216-95BB-EF2D17836440.jpg

D4EC795D-E3DC-468C-B86A-7C3737529D6D.jpg
So doesn’t interfere with the trailer or the slide on body

#20   IP: 86.128.106.169
Old 24-04-2018, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Yes the ‘ball’ fits in a socket welded into the Crane sub frame
Attachment 29463

Attachment 29464
So doesn’t interfere with the trailer or the slide on body
fairplay to you ..... you love to create plenty of storage on board, for all your gear .... can never have enough, eh ?

Tha's a hell of a hook hanging over the edge of the light unit, storage box