The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#6421   IP: 86.139.113.229
Old 14-04-2018, 11:10 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiluxman View Post
I'd hazard a guess that he's just drawn it out on his table top, just to get a feel for it's size and something to work to while making it
Aye sussing the diag lengths (easier than getting the calculator out) and where to fit the 'soft ends' ...... you'll see ....... "in the fullness of time"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogman View Post
Seems a waste of a big lump of plate to me if your just going to cut it out of the plate would be more economical to cut a few strips then weld them as a cross with fill penitration will be just as strong
LOL Moggy ....... tha's my ****ing bench top FFS ..... just a centre line set out as Hilux says

Bit of SHS / CHS and a few gussets here an' there

How're you anyway Boyo
  #6422   IP: 81.151.58.40
Old 14-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
I do hope so
that's one of his work benches more chance of another cold war before that is cut up
  #6423   IP: 86.139.113.229
Old 14-04-2018, 11:11 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
I do hope so
PMSL ----
  #6424   IP: 86.139.113.229
Old 14-04-2018, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by left hooker View Post
that's one of his work benches more chance of another cold war before that is cut up
LMFAO here Stu ..... between you and Mog, there's coffee everywhere
  #6425   IP: 81.151.58.40
Old 14-04-2018, 11:24 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
LMFAO here Stu ..... between you and Mog, there's coffee everywhere
Was thinking you probably had it a long time it was some of this metal https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-background_steel
  #6426   IP: 86.139.113.229
Old 15-04-2018, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by left hooker View Post
Was thinking you probably had it a long time it was some of this metal https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-background_steel
Hoy ...... watch it ....... me name ain't Methuselah, yer cheeky whippersnapper ..... that bench is a fair age though .... possibly older than you and maybe a fair few on here too
  #6427   IP: 86.139.113.229
Old 15-04-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeybusiness View Post
Can you stack them? They look like they are made to be stacked.

Let me know if you don’t want them as I’m pretty tempted otherwise.
Hi Monkeybiz ...... I'm going to pass on those cages Boyo ... gonna make for dear storage, by the time they'm home, sorted and usable

They certainly do look stack-able from what I can see, but'd need good, tidy pallets under them to sit nicely

Good luck with them ... they are very nice ...... be better still if they were more local
  #6428   IP: 31.86.47.73
Old 15-04-2018, 08:25 PM
Perfect Master

Thanks Graham - I’ll have a headscratch tomorrow (been on a rugby tour all weekend and can’t really see straight, never mind think!)...
  #6429   IP: 86.139.113.229
Old 15-04-2018, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeybusiness View Post
Thanks Graham - I’ll have a headscratch tomorrow (been on a rugby tour all weekend and can’t really see straight, never mind think!)...
LOL MB ..... if you're within a sensible distance for collection, they're more viable .... especially if you've a selection of pallets to go under 'em ..... my vast pallet collection went when I cleared me yard ..... as usual ---- wish I'd kept more
  #6430   IP: 86.128.106.169
Old 16-04-2018, 08:57 PM

would've been a LOT busier Saturday ....... without our little 'angel's' presence .....
but .......
she's only gonna be this size once and she makes me smile ........ which for me, is a bit of a surprise, as I've never really been 'into' 'rug rats' as a rule ..... not having had any of my own, or a great deal to do with 'little people'

First 'solo' sleep over last night, as her mummy was going off to Plymouth, for a job interview this morning and staying with her brother, down there, Sunday night.
Looked like it might be a loooooooooooooooong night, Sunday ..... she doesn't sleep much, at night

Well - it was a very looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong night ---- I did get a bit more sleep than Pam though
Clara slept until about 11pm ..... then fits and starts for the rest of the night

Pam's like a zombie today ..... she went back to bed this afternoon for a few hours and I went and did our fortnightly 'shop' to replenish the fridge/freezer/grub cupboards

Job done for another couple of weeks - hate going into town - too many germ ridden people about

day to ourselves tomorrow --- clara is with daddy all day ... bag lifter coming up .... assuming it is better weather than today
Forecast completely out today ... like winter out there again .... total S H 1 T