The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#381   IP: 213.205.192.17
Old 18-02-2018, 11:40 AM
Knight of the East

Default Re: So - an opinion - tiltys and prices !

So a quick heads up for anyone interested in getting out to Sweden and seeing for yourself what exactly is out there and what those guys actually run, without any censorship from manufacturers, itís really not that difficult.

Iíve just booked up for the new show out there, itís only itís second running and having been a few times to MaskinExpo I thought Iíd have a change.

Flying direct out of Manchester with a couple of nights in a mid range Airport Hotel comes to just over £250 yesterday.
Trust me this will be three times that come show date!
Good flights out of the London Airports too.

I simply canít recommend it enough, nothing daunting, they are so friendly and helpful, and Iíve never failed to come back better educated and armed with the business cards of some great contacts.

https://maskinmassan.se/english/

Eddie.
  #382   IP: 86.132.14.77
Old 21-02-2018, 09:41 AM
Knight of the East and West

What makes a Scandi style grading bucket a good idea? I understand the angled bottom corner bit, but they look far too long in the blade; the rotation ark must be massive.
  #383   IP: 213.78.124.22
Old 21-02-2018, 10:37 AM
Secret Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pond digger View Post
What makes a Scandi style grading bucket a good idea? I understand the angled bottom corner bit, but they look far too long in the blade; the rotation ark must be massive.
The primary reason for the length of the blade is to minimise the drag from the side cheeks. A conventional British bucket with straight sides will take more digging force. If you look at all of the Scandi bucket designs, it's a common feature.

It's also really emphasised on the cable bucket - partly to minimise the drag, but also to dig under services without disturbing them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwq7...ature=youtu.be

regards

Robert
  #384   IP: 81.151.174.184
Old 21-02-2018, 12:48 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
it also enables you to 'carry' a lot on the toe Chris .. instead of having to 'fill' the whole bucket .....
"you don't have to fill the bucket, all the time" as a certain Viking said to me last year
  #385   IP: 85.255.234.40
Old 21-02-2018, 01:13 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
You honestly won't appreciated the scandinavian style grading bucket until you use one..... then it will all make sense

As Robert says, minimise drag, you are carrying material on the lip rather then in the bucket, so loading takes less effort, both to get it in and get it out. Alos as said it is easier to get "under" objects such as boulders etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #386   IP: 81.141.201.57
Old 21-02-2018, 07:53 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
instead of having to 'fill' the whole bucket .....
I pride myself in my ability to fill a bucket, quite often what I stick in it is too much....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #387   IP: 185.16.224.33
Old 21-02-2018, 08:55 PM
Perfect Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
I pride myself in my ability to fill a bucket, quite often what I stick in it is too much....
Being a greedy twat,I've a 5' digging bucket off a 24t machine on my 13tonner,it does make it lean over now and again.
  #388   IP: 81.141.201.57
Old 21-02-2018, 08:59 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoffcruddle View Post
Being a greedy twat,I've a 5' digging bucket off a 24t machine on my 13tonner,it does make it lean over now and again.
Glad I'm not the only one....

I have two grading buckets... A 5' "general" bucket.... and the mighty
6' "PRODUCTION" Grader for ditching and profiling works.

Need a New Bulking bucket soon... I reckon 4' is the way forward on a 7.5t machine.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."