The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#7131   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 12-07-2019, 11:16 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

well the Sunday didn't go as planned ..... but did get a few odds and sods done between visitors
Monday however, saw the rest of it down as far as I can get for now .....

and a significant reduction in yon heap .....

reckon I've used about 12t so far .. once I'd squared it back into a tidy pile again

#7132   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 12-07-2019, 11:25 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

wed.s 10-7-19

Squeak thought it was a great idea to roll in the stone dust .....

he wasn't quite as pleased with himself after he'd had one of my hand brushes over him, for a few minutes trying to get him 'back to black' ... she'd have had a fit if he'd gone indoors like it

More black stuff required now to crown the patch off and raise the levels a bit, right at the back end.

All mowing sorted by lunchtime today and been sorting out collapsed pallets this afters, bagging a couple of buggered pallets of stone into a new bag, generally having a square up in the back corner and heading for the bottom of the pile for some slabs - proper hard pavement type slabs, to set out and bed for the boxes' new home
man has it been bloody warm today

had to run into town this morning, so risked getting bent over, by the local Hyd.s emporium, for a few bits ..... couldn't be arsed to run out to Raglan and needed ,em to sort out the new Jabsco pump for the 'Drema

in the bag, amongst other things, is a long swept 45 metric hose tail I needed, to get the fill pipe past the valve chest and into the tank .... list apparently, from Parker, was 57 quid and change ..... I said "you'd better put it back mate "..... he says .... "that's before your discount" .... under 8 quid sounded a lot better dear enough still, for a fitting but a hell of a lot better than list

been pallet sorting again, trying to access a pallet full of very hard slabs, for bearing pads for the box move....... burning several dead pallets and trans-shipping their contents onto new, much more solid pallets

hard graft, some of it, but mission accomplished ... for now

cut a few slabs in half ... 3' x 2's .... ready to use and selected a few that were already 'halved' from being stood on decaying pallets, for pad stones, humped the rest onto a new pallet and stuck 'em out the way for now.
then thought i'd rough out where they'm gonna go for an hour, before tea time.

got one possibility set out, just as 'the bell tolled' and was summoned for food ..... wasn't quite where I'd envisaged it'd end up ... so set out an 'alternate' after tea .... and may well have a few more goes yet

#7133   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 12-07-2019, 11:29 PM

jury's still out ..... see what it looked like with the 'Drema out the way in the morning . first option only gave me 12-ish feet between them and the location of the corner of me shed eventually ..... second option created another 3 plus feet on that, which was a lot better
then see how we're looking on levels

God knows where I am going to park some of this stuff, out the way, to get a crane in to do the move ... Russel's new machine is a bit bigger than his PPM A.T. was ... this 'un's a 6 legged Liebherr .... time he came and had a shufty.... make sure he can do what's required and I make enough space for him to do it

day -- or best part of it shot to sh*t .... 2 hr meeting with Ken's insurers this morning, for Pam, trying to sort his various policies for the farm, vehicles, tractors, implements, stock, public liability (has three foot paths across his place) plus buildings and house. Fair play the rep was very good and it could've been a lot bigger headache
followed by several more hours up there sorting details of traccies, kit, etc. .... Anyone any good at valuing traccies ??

anyway... was late afternoon 'fore I got my day back ..... I've gone with the red option on the setting out for boxes .. even 'the boss' agreed it looked the best option .... so .... roughed out the centres of where the pads are going to go .....

#7134   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 12-07-2019, 11:36 PM

so's I could get them pins back out the deck, 'fore they get run over and the lines wound in ....these string wound 1 micron water filters make bloody great string lines ..... tough as and plenty on a roll

then it was time to establish some levels .....

gives a good dot in the daylight, but a crap line .... probably be fine in the dark .... dot was enough for what I wanted, to set a datum and packers required .... getting the dot dead on centre line on me own was a bit hit and miss but didn't take too long to sort , once I got into aiming the lil' bugger and quicker than getting Stanley out.

levels sussed ... not three bad across the width and about where I expected it to be down the length .... dropping about 100 mil ..... shouldn't take too much sorting

quick little job before tea .... persuade Zebedee, I picked up yesterday up a piece of tube for anti collapse on me Jabsco suction hose ...

he wasn't going with out a fight, so slotted an end of a piece of 10mm stainless I had , fed him onto it and wound him up to reduce his O.D. a bit, drop of lube and puuuuuuush ......

#7135   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 12-07-2019, 11:39 PM

last coil got a bit out of shape on the final foot ..... when I wound him the wrong way .... but as a method ... worked bloody great

bit of a trim .....

and insert one Geka
  #7136   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 12-07-2019, 11:43 PM

followed by a hose tail and socket for the filter on t'other ....

should stop the bugger sucking flat ......

just enough time, 'fore 'the bell' , to get a thread file to the tank fitting ....

new nut and swept fitting went on a treat, after some judicious filing

and the new hose should clear the valve block sweet as ..... just have to 'adjust' the new elbow to accommodate and inch hose .... they didn't have a stepped fitting .... God knows what list would've been, if they had ....... i have the mod in hand .... just need to get the gas out to braze a sleeve onto the tail
  #7137   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 12-07-2019, 11:57 PM

wrestled this lil sod out the tank after tea .... wanted to check functionality .....

and sort it's leccy bits .... it's working fine ... auto level shut off for the pump at full point

does however mean I'm either going to have to create a relay op circuit for it ...... or re-use the old control box ...

snag with that is ... the manual stop button on it has vanished into the mists of time

I assume that it's a press to make ... like the 'go' button is, which is one techy little button

the cross rod/pin is 'the make' contact ...... have searched for a 'new one' ... to no avail and ......
  #7138   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 13-07-2019, 12:21 AM

.....sadly the unit is one of those ...... you ain't coming in here to alter anything jobs ....

however .......

broke out the surgical instruments .. scalpel and locking forceps .... to reveal ....

one relay, as suspected and a lot of bloody tough rubber sealer ..... I've sussed the circuit with a meter and all seems in order .... will give it a try tomorrow on 24Volts ..... only snag, as said, is the missing manual over ride stop button (which it looks like I'll have to create),or failing that the pump unit does have its own toggle too as a fail safe ...... see what the test run shows up... as long as the float level system is working with the auto shut off, it's not going to be any 'biggy'

would be nice to use the original unit if poss .... it's neat

a few mods to the bracketry, as the new pump is a bigger unit and work out just WTF I am going to put it ... doubt it's going back in where t'other one came out of .. it was tight in the engine bay and re-fueling is going to be a doddle/pleasure, rather than the faff it has been ....... Oh and route the new length of shiny, black, fuel proof hose

so that'd been my day yesterday
  #7139   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old Today, 12:41 AM

so .... friday was shot to sh1t ... again
stood outside at quarter to eight this morning, awaiting Clara's arrival and down the drive comes Darren's bright red Veedub van FFS --- the alarm/autogate man .... ..... with yet another gate hinge/bracket problem

he gets earlier each time ..... head in hands, with a nightmare job on his hands ..... gates again, on a pub conversion, back to a house, not far from my parents old house in Aber ....

lots of pix and measurements and explanations, little of which made any sense, as to what he was trying to achieve .... looked like mission impossible
so made a fuss of the little un and shot off into town with him to view it ..... whoever made and fitted the gates should hang their head in shame ... I wouldn't put my name to it ... 140 square timber 'posts' bolted to the walls so badly that they just wobbled about in all directions and some tw*t had hung a pair of 12 ft gates on these things ...
with butt hinges ....
they filled the opening, but with returning walls either side of them, was no room for above ground automation behind the gates, so had to be an underground jobby ...
anyway....
long story short, some trick top pivots were required to suit the below ground pivot points ....

he'd got what he thought'd do the job 'til I pointed out the pitfalls of his proposals and we headed back to the bench to 'alter' them to suit/make it work

extend the pins for starters

after a bit of a 'brainstorm' ......

......then set about the hangers .. having altered/hacked/created one out of 'screwfix's best' making the second of the pair was a bit more fraught

but I got there in the end ..... late in the afternoon ......
  #7140   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old Today, 12:45 AM

after a two plus hour interruption at 11 for grandadding duties at Clara's sports day

my primary school teachers never looked like these

mostly 50 + year old spinsters

sooooooo as said ... fridayday burggered from the off

the day was gonna be mine tomorrow ... Clara'd gone off to Plymouth with her mum -- having nicked our golf for the run and I wasn't answering the phone ... to anyone