The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Vintage & Classic Equipment

#1   IP: 5.170.105.6
Old 08-04-2018, 04:26 PM
Provost and Judge

Default "spinnen bagger , walking excavator :shaft /terex HS41M

spinnenbagger walking axcavator spider : Schaft/terex HS41M
you would have photos or information about this excavator: shaft terex hs41m
I think it's like the Kamo or the old MORO, do you know anything abouMenzi Muckt this type of spider excavator? what is currently in production maybe just ?

http://www.euromach.com/public/homepage.aspx
  #2   IP: 206.45.252.149
Old 08-04-2018, 10:11 PM
Knight of the East and West

Default Re: "spinnen bagger , walking excavator :shaft /terex HS41M

Kaiser, Menzi Muck, Euromach, and apparently XCMG are the only manufacturers of Spider Excavators these days. The smaller Menzi-Muck machines are re-branded Euromach machines. Kaiser has a new line out with the S10 and S12 models available as two wheel drive and four wheel drive models but I think they still make the older S2 series from what I understand. Menzi Muck came out with a newer line a few years ago and I think there was some improvements from Euromach as well but I don't know much about them. The Schaeff/ Terex machines have been out of production for a few years now I haven't heard too many good things about them but I have run their excavators before and I thought they were alright.
  #3   IP: 5.170.107.42
Old 09-04-2018, 08:04 AM
Provost and Judge

Question Re: "spinnen bagger , walking excavator :shaft /terex HS41M

thank you for your clarification these excavators are very used in the alps especially the kamo to climb the slopes, in my parts some specimens are used in the slopes of the highways to trace trenches to place cable ducts and pipes, thanks for the clarification

:confuso:
  #4   IP: 206.45.252.149
Old 10-04-2018, 05:06 AM

Yes the Kaiser's are used in British Columbia quite a bit and I think there are some in Quebec and they are used for everything from logging to building ski-resorts. I was looking at getting one but my wife said we had to move back to the flat land sadly.
  #5   IP: 5.170.106.208
Old 10-04-2018, 08:06 AM
Provost and Judge

Thank you for your intervention and your additional explanations
  #6   IP: 95.148.190.21
Old 13-05-2018, 08:15 PM
Perfect Master

There is another make, Batemag, trade under this name
http://www.kamo.it/ Also there is a man attached I think to the above who will re condition old Kamo 3X & Junior. I once thought of buying one but the main job for it disappeared due to ill health, & the lack of ongoing work made me think twice in the UK
  #7   IP: 206.45.254.74
Old 14-05-2018, 12:11 AM

Found a mostly english language brochure. Sounds like Batemag is owned possibly by the company that produces Osmo brush mulchers. I've seen some youtube videos of these machines but have never seen them in Canada or the U.S. for that matter.
  #8   IP: 5.170.107.193
Old 14-05-2018, 06:49 AM
Provost and Judge

Question Re: "spinnen bagger , walking excavator :shaft /terex HS41M

I believe that kamo does not produce more excavators, in the Alps it was a very widespread machine as a service car for maintenance work it climbed up the slopes many built us houses with the help of this machinery was very versatile even though it was expensive to repair and maintenance
http://www.kamo.it/

http://www.morokaiser.it/it/lazienda/profilo-aziendale/
La collaborazione tra Kaiser e Moro si ulteriormente approfondita quando Josef Kaiser sviluppa un escavatore speciale per la regione alpina, l'escavatore ragno, che stato prodotto anche da Moro dal 1967, con la denominazione Kamo 3X Ka.Mo. come abbreviazione di Kaiser e Moro .

"The collaboration between Kaiser and Moro was further deepened when Josef Kaiser developed a special excavator for the Alpine region, the spider excavator, which was also produced by Moro since 1967 under the designation Kamo 3X - Ka.Mo. as abbreviation of Kaiser and Moro."

#9   IP: 95.148.190.21
Old 14-05-2018, 10:16 PM
Perfect Master

I am not sure if Batemag are still built, they were I think only built to order, & a very small part of the business. Later he adopted the name kamo.it, Perhaps not using this now. There were two reconditioners of the older simple non powered wheel (non mobil) Kamo. The fact that there are many quite old ones with very low hours sort of put me off. I gather that Kaiser & Menzi adapted & improved the Smalley 5 -seeing the true market for this machine.

I was only looking to use a machine for a particular job - then use it within a 20 mile radius of home because of other commitments. It was sadly not a type for this. I do think in the UK at least this concept may be more the thing -as it has slope capability & can still readily do much effective work on flat land, is a more conventional looking machine
https://www.menzimuck.com/en/product...fndtn-tab-1247 But way beyond me personally.

They probably started out with an engine that could stand tilting in all planes to what they needed & worked out from there. The extendahoe makes this, meaning you can reach out on slopes, retract the dipper in before the full bucket ever leaves the ground. Working no doubt in a more conventional way on flat land. The expanding tracks are also part of the picture - meaning it is transportable but sure footed on slopes. I have driven a couple of Smalley's myself & also briefly an old Kamo Junior. Sadly extreme ill heath on the client's part meant the primary job never happened & now never will at least under his ownership. I did have a thread going on here re this, it was felt that I could do much of it with an expanding tracks 8018 & long blade arms option to jack me level for cross slope plumb sided trenching.
  #10   IP: 5.170.105.97
Old 15-05-2018, 07:51 AM
Provost and Judge

in my area they used a company that dug trenches and placed underground cables, they used them in the slopes and in the highway embankments another big company took him to the tow of a wheel loader caterpillar 930, they used it combined with a hydraulic hammer for small demolitions and small excavations in road works, but they tell me that they are machinery subject to breakdowns due to the efforts and heavy stresses they are subjected to

kamo 3x

http://www.unusuallocomotion.com/pag...n/walking.html

https://www.bauforum24.biz/forums/to...nfos/?page=116

[IMG]http://www.koparki-
kroczace.pl/uploads/1/1/9/1/11914868/1864610_orig.jpg[/IMG]