The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Forum Requests

#21   IP: 109.149.253.15
Old 16-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Knight of the East and West

Default Re: Christmas Present - vBulletin 5 inc Mobile interface

Is that email not missing and 'h'? As in halomec? Not alomec?
  #22   IP: 92.30.29.91
Old 16-05-2016, 07:52 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 753bobcat View Post
Done

Then it kicked it back
My fault sorry ... have another go as i miss spelled the email address.
  #23   IP: 92.30.29.91
Old 16-05-2016, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
Is that email not missing and 'h'? As in halomec? Not alomec?
Not now James ........ I have fixed it ..... Thank you
  #24   IP: 86.182.128.195
Old 16-05-2016, 07:54 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Smile Re: Christmas Present - vBulletin 5 inc Mobile interface

Sent
Cheers
  #25   IP: 92.30.29.91
Old 16-05-2016, 08:03 PM

The site had some server problems, Upto this point Auto resizing was carried out by the system. From my understanding Julian took on a new server company, since then the format changed and we lost the auto resizer. I am quite sure this can't be a difficult fix for a competent webmaster that will actually listen and fix the problem. I hate to think how many posts have issues regarding this problem mentioned in them, Some quite damning if i remember correctly. If this photo issue is fixed i can see this site being a very popular place to visit. Could earn Julian a good living on it's own.
  #26   IP: 109.149.253.15
Old 16-05-2016, 08:25 PM

I am really surprised that Julian made the effort to start this thread, telling us that times were changing and that all would be fixed, we'll sort of anyway, why would he do that if he had no intention of going ahead with these plans? Are we expecting too much to soon, I fully appreciate that things have not been right for some time, but this thread was the first time I recall him acknowledging that improvements needed to be made, does this sort of thing take months and months to organise? I have no idea? I am no wiz with computers and wouldn't know where to start, but as you say Tim , surely the issues on the site can be sorted fairly quickly by the right person?

Personally I would be very disappointed if this forum collapsed, I've not been on here long compared to some, but I feel like I'm part of something and that would be sad to loose.

I'm not sure if emailing Julian will work, I'd like to think so, but if he won't pay attention to comments made on his own forum then it would be easy to assume that any requests sent directly to him will be quickly deleted with no reply, but I sincerely hope this is not the case.

I'm probably not the only one who has noticed a lack of newly activated members recently, many seem to join, but unless they are activated then they are just waiting in the wings, how many get fed up and move on? I'm definitely not the only one who knows someone who has registered and is awaiting activation, very frustrating when you've encouraged them to join the forum
  #27   IP: 92.30.29.91
Old 16-05-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
I am really surprised that Julian made the effort to start this thread, telling us that times were changing and that all would be fixed, we'll sort of anyway, why would he do that if he had no intention of going ahead with these plans? Are we expecting too much to soon, I fully appreciate that things have not been right for some time, but this thread was the first time I recall him acknowledging that improvements needed to be made, does this sort of thing take months and months to organise? I have no idea? I am no wiz with computers and wouldn't know where to start, but as you say Tim , surely the issues on the site can be sorted fairly quickly by the right person?

Personally I would be very disappointed if this forum collapsed, I've not been on here long compared to some, but I feel like I'm part of something and that would be sad to loose.

I'm not sure if emailing Julian will work, I'd like to think so, but if he won't pay attention to comments made on his own forum then it would be easy to assume that any requests sent directly to him will be quickly deleted with no reply, but I sincerely hope this is not the case.

I'm probably not the only one who has noticed a lack of newly activated members recently, many seem to join, but unless they are activated then they are just waiting in the wings, how many get fed up and move on? I'm definitely not the only one who knows someone who has registered and is awaiting activation, very frustrating when you've encouraged them to join the forum
James, not paying attention to comments happens because they don't get read in the first place !!
There is a huge amount of disatisfaction of this situation on many threads on this forum and there is no comment from Julian on any that I can remember !

Last edited by Traxcavator.; 16-05-2016 at 10:59 PM.
  #28   IP: 109.149.253.15
Old 16-05-2016, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxcavator. View Post
James, not paying attention to comments happens because the don't get read in the first place !!
There is a huge amount of disatisfaction of this situation on many threads on this forum and there is no comment from Julian on any that I can remember !
Tim, you are correct, I cannot rember the last time I saw Julian comment on anything , let alone comment on the issues brought up many times in various posts. But his intention to upgrade to a better version of vBulletin was surely at least some acknowledgement that things need improving? Sadly there has been no comment sice and no idication that he has any intention of delivering his 'Christmas Present'!

No amount of complaining seems to have any real affect, he is either immune to it or as you suggest, he doesn't even look at the forum!
Iirc others have been keen to help him, he has refused, others have offered to take on the running of the forum entirely, he has refused. So what can be done by us as members is beyond me?

In case my previous post has been misunderstood, I am not defending him in any way!

Last edited by Shovelhands; 16-05-2016 at 10:10 PM.
  #29   IP: 86.143.138.129
Old 17-05-2016, 12:31 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:

That's a plus one on both counts James
  #30   IP: 90.205.65.196
Old 17-05-2016, 06:34 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

I have met Julian personally and do speak to him on the phone now and then and I doubt very much he will relinquish any control of the forum.It is a very different place since it started in 09 and new projects as was the forum then usually die down and maybe even get cast aside,Julian obviously has more important things to do than worry about picture sizing.I don't post much here now as the material posted is of no interest to me and what I post gets hardly any interest apart from a couple of special interest guys like me and there are better ways of fulfilling our needs with more like minded people.If the Forum can help the people who now frequent it That's great and I hope the second generation members can get something from it.But a word of advice I would give is don't go asking to take it over because I doubt he will take kindly to it.I don't know what the answer is for the unhappy members,probably like it or lump it I suppose.I see Julian as a personal friend so will try to answer on his behalf rather than people speculating....I looked through the new posts as always and this is the only one I thought I may be able to help on.