The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > General Business Issues

View Poll Results: regarding new members posting adverts and websites
we need a moderator to control the forum in general 7 16.28%
we dont need moderation im happy as things are 12 27.91%
need someone with power to remove said threads instantly 7 16.28%
new members not to post links etc until 20 posts 17 39.53%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

#71   IP: 94.192.31.234
Old 27-09-2016, 09:55 PM
Grand Master Architect

Default Re: ce forum poll, you decide.

Hi,

A cousin of mine joined this place about 3 months ago now, still waiting activation..

i thought this was solved? or could it be a error?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Twitter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Facebook
  #72   IP: 31.74.52.145
Old 27-09-2016, 10:05 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Why don't you call Julian and ask him ? Last few times there were problems I have emailed Halomec and it got sorted. Could be AN error

Last edited by Traxcavator.; 27-09-2016 at 10:07 PM.
  #73   IP: 31.49.119.146
Old 27-09-2016, 11:24 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regy53 View Post
Hi,

A cousin of mine joined this place about 3 months ago now, still waiting activation..

i thought this was solved? or could it be a error?
Guy I know signed up months ago and still awaiting activation ... can't post ... only look ...... so much for the 'employee' dealing with this stuff !!
  #74   IP: 31.49.119.146
Old 27-09-2016, 11:26 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxcavator. View Post
Why don't you call Julian and ask him ? Last few times there were problems I have emailed Halomec and it got sorted. Could be AN error
.... you Grammar school educated Tim, by any chance?
  #75   IP: 88.106.135.93
Old 29-09-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
.... you Grammar school educated Tim, by any chance?
No Graham not even grammar either Just some things that are slipping the English language further in to decline thoroughly pee me off. Brought and bought, are and our .... and so on ..... don't know whether its laziness or ignorance People like news readers and narrators even say are instead of our ..... wanna ..... sorry it's want too, for fucks sake .....
  #76   IP: 31.49.119.146
Old 04-10-2016, 09:34 PM

Quote:
No Graham not even grammar either Just some things that are slipping the English language further in to decline thoroughly pee me off. Brought and bought, are and our .... and so on ..... don't know whether its laziness or ignorance People like news readers and narrators even say are instead of our ..... wanna ..... sorry it's want too, for fucks sake .....
know exactly what you're saying Tim ..... regrettably it's the system .... it's no longer 'de rigeur' to write correctly in exams ... or course work, for that matter ... and so the rot sets in !!

plus it's not the first generation anymore, either .... the teachers are no better!!

would love to know just how high (or low) the std.s are for an English degree these days
  #77   IP: 79.76.137.85
Old 04-10-2016, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
know exactly what you're saying Tim ..... regrettably it's the system .... it's no longer 'de rigeur' to write correctly in exams ... or course work, for that matter ... and so the rot sets in !!

plus it's not the first generation anymore, either .... the teachers are no better!!

would love to know just how high (or low) the std.s are for an English degree these days

They'll stop caning at schools next ........ oh they did didn't they ....... now look at the delinquency gang fighting and killing that goes on and the lack of respect for discipline and elders. Where are the people who made this law ? Living in gated communities !!
  #78   IP: 31.49.119.146
Old 04-10-2016, 11:38 PM

Quote:
They'll stop caning at schools next ........ oh they did didn't they ....... now look at the delinquency gang fighting and killing that goes on and the lack of respect for discipline and elders. Where are the people who made this law ? Living in gated communities !!
We had better not get each other started here Tim ...
Could be a very long thread
  #79   IP: 94.197.120.30
Old 05-10-2016, 10:44 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Crack on Graham and Tim it makes interesting reading!.
And yes my grammar is not good, I spent very little time in school, spent my time in the garage/workshop instead of a classroom.
  #80   IP: 5.254.163.144
Old 06-10-2016, 08:53 AM
Grand Master Architect

Cheer up Tim. Best get practising your MLE (Multicultural London English)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-50-years.html