The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Photos


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   IP: 86.186.163.250
Old 13-07-2015, 09:46 PM
Shovelhands's Avatar
Shovelhands Shovelhands is offline
Master of the Ninth Arch
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Sunny Essex
Posts: 1,946
Default Plant, Projects, Fixes and Fiascos

After Mogman pointed out that it was six months since I said that I'd stick some pics up, I thought I should do it

I still cannot figure out how to post more than one pic on a single post? Posting photos seems to be easy enough, I know it's not that easy for others, but the iPad route seems to work ok, it's just the multiple photo things that's a pain.

Anyway here's a pic of my JS220 screening, to get things started.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (95.6 KB, 173 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2   IP: 86.186.163.250
Old 13-07-2015, 09:51 PM
Shovelhands's Avatar
Shovelhands Shovelhands is offline
Master of the Ninth Arch
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Sunny Essex
Posts: 1,946
Default Re: Plant, Projects, Fixes and Fiascos

Here's a pic from a while ago, it's the lime we are now screening, as it was removed from the settlement lagoons.
Pretty much sludge at this point, this lagoon was opened up a year or two ago so it has dried to a point, can be virtually slurry when we start and a liquid load on the Volvo, so a good tailgate is essential!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (94.9 KB, 165 views)
Reply With Quote
  #3   IP: 86.186.163.250
Old 13-07-2015, 09:55 PM
Shovelhands's Avatar
Shovelhands Shovelhands is offline
Master of the Ninth Arch
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Sunny Essex
Posts: 1,946
Default Re: Plant, Projects, Fixes and Fiascos

Clearing up the lagoon bottom after all the sludge has been removed, we always get it as smooth as possible to make it easier to clear out the next time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (96.6 KB, 170 views)
Reply With Quote
  #4   IP: 81.129.193.246
Old 13-07-2015, 10:01 PM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 13,210
Default Re: Plant, Projects, Fixes and Fiascos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
Clearing up the lagoon bottom after all the sludge has been removed, we always get it as smooth as possible to make it easier to clear out the next time.
That is a hell of a lagoon
Had something a bit smaller in my minds eye
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #5   IP: 86.186.163.250
Old 13-07-2015, 10:08 PM
Shovelhands's Avatar
Shovelhands Shovelhands is offline
Master of the Ninth Arch
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Sunny Essex
Posts: 1,946
Default Re: Plant, Projects, Fixes and Fiascos

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
That is a hell of a lagoon
Had something a bit smaller in my minds eye
Capacity wise it's the smallest of four, they are worked in rotation ,they usually take two or three years to empty out as we can't empty them in one go, storage and drying space is tight!
Reply With Quote
  #6   IP: 81.129.193.246
Old 13-07-2015, 10:40 PM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 13,210
Default Re: Plant, Projects, Fixes and Fiascos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
Capacity wise it's the smallest of four, they are worked in rotation ,they usually take two or three years to empty out as we can't empty them in one go, storage and drying space is tight!
must be some sort of sludge/whatever, comes out of them?
Must keep you busy for a day or two doin' that!!
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #7   IP: 81.129.193.246
Old 13-07-2015, 10:00 PM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 13,210
Default Re: Plant, Projects, Fixes and Fiascos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
Here's a pic from a while ago, it's the lime we are now screening, as it was removed from the settlement lagoons.
Pretty much sludge at this point, this lagoon was opened up a year or two ago so it has dried to a point, can be virtually slurry when we start and a liquid load on the Volvo, so a good tailgate is essential!
like the face shovel orientation on the bucket for working yer way into the banks
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #8   IP: 86.186.163.250
Old 13-07-2015, 10:03 PM
Shovelhands's Avatar
Shovelhands Shovelhands is offline
Master of the Ninth Arch
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Sunny Essex
Posts: 1,946
Default Re: Plant, Projects, Fixes and Fiascos

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
like the face shovel orientation on the bucket for working yer way into the banks
We dig the entire lagoon like that, keeps all the sludge/slurry away from the machine, if not you end up paddling in it and mixing it with the bottom of the lagoon, then you've got a big fudging mess
Reply With Quote
  #9   IP: 46.33.141.223
Old 14-07-2015, 08:54 AM
doobin doobin is offline
Grand Master Architect
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 1,334
Default Re: Plant, Projects, Fixes and Fiascos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
We dig the entire lagoon like that, keeps all the sludge/slurry away from the machine, if not you end up paddling in it and mixing it with the bottom of the lagoon, then you've got a big fudging mess
Very true. Much cheaper than a tracked loading shovel, with the benefit of a slew.
Reply With Quote
  #10   IP: 86.128.107.59
Old 14-07-2015, 09:56 AM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 13,210
Default Re: Plant, Projects, Fixes and Fiascos

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobin View Post
Very true. Much cheaper than a tracked loading shovel, with the benefit of a slew.
and a hell of a lot quicker
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Partner Links



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.