The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#21   IP: 82.132.230.88
Old 11-09-2017, 10:22 AM

Default Re: I-Dig systems 1D and 2D machine control.

Hi, I was at the demo day and well done to Aiden it was a grand morning out, even got a free coffee, I had a go with system and is very simple to set up, although as far as I understand you have to reset it every time you track the Digger. The French man demonstrated it very well and according to him it was around 4k for the basic 1d system rising to around 8k for the all singing and dancing 2d system.
  #22   IP: 81.129.192.19
Old 11-09-2017, 01:29 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
If you consider the advantages of being able to swap it between an indefinite amount of machines its ideal and well priced IMHO.... against a basic system on one machine it seems expensive and tbh It's not something I need.

I've kicked the tires....
er what price Rory ?? have I missed summat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs5060 View Post
hmm 3800 plus the Vodka .... would want to be using it pretty regularly
  #23   IP: 81.129.192.19
Old 11-09-2017, 01:33 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by c047623 View Post
Hi, I was at the demo day and well done to Aiden it was a grand morning out, even got a free coffee, I had a go with system and is very simple to set up, although as far as I understand you have to reset it every time you track the Digger. The French man demonstrated it very well and according to him it was around 4k for the basic 1d system rising to around 8k for the all singing and dancing 2d system.
Missed page 3 !! .....
you've waited a loooong time to make a post old son .... welcome-ish, sort of

As I said .... you want to making pretty regular use of it ..... but as Rory says, the ability to swap between m/cs is a huge bonus

Can see it being an exceptionally handy bit of kit
  #24   IP: 95.144.40.61
Old 11-09-2017, 04:43 PM

I'm waiting on the reverse engineered Chinese rip off.
  #25   IP: 81.129.192.19
Old 11-09-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
I'm waiting on the reverse engineered Chinese rip off.
Hah LOL ..... the sign of things ..... that have arrived .. they get pretty good at copying stuff fairy quick too
  #26   IP: 85.255.234.62
Old 13-09-2017, 11:07 AM
Knight of the East and West

Hi All,
Sorry I haven't been answering the questions on this thread, my wife's mother passed away at the end of last week so ive not been on here much.

I will answer all questions tonight and post more info too.

Aiden

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #27   IP: 31.52.88.188
Old 13-09-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cps140 View Post
Hi All,
Sorry I haven't been answering the questions on this thread, my wife's mother passed away at the end of last week so ive not been on here much.

Aiden
really sorry to hear that Aiden ... please extend my condolences ......
as and when Boyo .... far more important things to attend to
  #28   IP: 86.175.58.244
Old 14-09-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cps140 View Post
Hi All,

Aiden
My condolences Aiden.
  #29   IP: 74.216.62.140
Old 17-09-2017, 05:13 PM

We've talked at length about getting the 'I-dig best' system for one of Clint's excavators with all the ditching we do and the odd basement excavation. The price is better than a Trimble GPS system and set up seems simpler than a laser and laser receiver which we have been using at length for years. I'm just curious about the robustness of these systems as both excavators are used for brush mulching jobs and the occasional demolition.
  #30   IP: 91.125.242.207
Old 17-09-2017, 06:15 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 800CLC View Post
We've talked at length about getting the 'I-dig best' system for one of Clint's excavators with all the ditching we do and the odd basement excavation. The price is better than a Trimble GPS system and set up seems simpler than a laser and laser receiver which we have been using at length for years. I'm just curious about the robustness of these systems as both excavators are used for brush mulching jobs and the occasional demolition.
Hope you get one. I'm really interested how well it performs. If I could grade perfectly at full speed it would save me huge amounts of time.
Apart from no UK dealer, there don't seem to be independent reviews out there, which is worrying.
Graham