The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Classifieds

#1   IP: 154.57.228.108
Old 27-05-2017, 12:54 PM
Provost and Judge

Default 2012 Nissan Navara for sale

Selling my truck to go towards a deposit for my first house. Bored of getting moved on 4 times in 5 years due to landlords selling.

Anyway, here is the listing on Autotrader if its of interest to anyone. I've had her from new and looked after it so its a nice one.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...had=New&page=1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #2   IP: 50.66.244.137
Old 28-05-2017, 05:03 AM
Knight of the East and West

Default Re: 2012 Nissan Navara for sale

My wife and I are in the midst of that problem right now our rental agency said the owner is thinking about selling the place and this is only a year and a half after we were told they wanted a long term renter.
  #3   IP: 154.57.228.108
Old 28-05-2017, 09:58 AM
Provost and Judge

Ahh yes, sounds familiar. One place I rented wanted long term tennant, then 3 months later gave us notice to move as he then wanted to sell it. And as you know, it costs nearly 1k to get all check in/ out fees, cost of move etc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #4   IP: 213.162.104.101
Old 28-05-2017, 11:22 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

If you are renting, much better to rent from a company who rent out their property as a business than an amateur who doesn't know what they are doing. Companies want long term tenants (good ones at least) and are generally better at fixing problems as it is their business.
Graham
  #5   IP: 87.112.240.160
Old 28-05-2017, 10:13 PM
Master Elect of Nine

HTML Code:
If you are renting, much better to rent from a company who rent out their property as a business than an amateur who doesn't know what they are doing. Companies want long term tenants (good ones at least) and are generally better at fixing problems as it is their business.
Graham
In fairness to "amateurs" the government keep changing the tax regime for private landlords and are making it more unattractive to continue renting out domestic property.
  #6   IP: 86.139.38.160
Old 28-05-2017, 10:56 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams View Post
Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman093 View Post
HTML Code:
Graham
In fairness to "amateurs" the government keep changing the tax regime for private landlords and are making it more unattractive to continue renting out domestic property.
sounds like a nightmare for all concerned .......
renting in my college days was a bloody nightmare in Bristol ....
too many students and not enough accommodation .....
plus it had to be funded through the summer breaks ... or find new in September
and there was some sh1t masquerading as fit for purpose
  #7   IP: 51.6.42.252
Old 28-05-2017, 11:36 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

[QUOTE In fairness to "amateurs" the government keep changing the tax regime for private landlords and are making it more unattractive to continue renting out domestic property.[/QUOTE]

I'm not necessarily blaming amateurs, but lots of people got into private rentals because interest rates are so poor and returns on property look so good, but didn't realise how much work letting a property out can be, especially with some of the nightmare tenants there are out there. So bad experiences combined now with changing tax laws are driving people to sell up.
Hence, my recommendation to stick with people who know what they are doing and are in it for the long haul.
Graham
  #8   IP: 154.57.228.108
Old 29-05-2017, 07:36 PM
Provost and Judge

3 of the landlords I rented from had let their property out for over 5 years. Some as long as 10+, so I did ask the question but got really unlucky. Anyway, things move on, I managed to save up enough to start my business so it wasnt all bad renting.