The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Classifieds

#21   IP: 78.146.179.226
Old 09-09-2017, 07:29 PM
Sublime Master Elected

Default Re: 1.5 ton track

The digger has done about 3200hrs, I would assume all the worn out parts have been on since new except the tracks. Not sure if this is good or bad.
The rollers have fails because they stopped turning freely and seized, wonder what you could do to stop this.
  #22   IP: 31.52.94.169
Old 09-09-2017, 07:31 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

MST Dylan ?

http://www.msttracks.com/home
  #23   IP: 31.52.94.169
Old 09-09-2017, 07:32 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerjones View Post
The digger has done about 3200hrs, I would assume all the worn out parts have been on since new except the tracks. Not sure if this is good or bad.
The rollers have fails because they stopped turning freely and seized, wonder what you could do to stop this.
keep them clean and well lubed
  #24   IP: 78.146.179.226
Old 09-09-2017, 07:51 PM
Sublime Master Elected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Yes I've got them saved on my tablet, must have looked at there stuff before.
How can you keep rollers lubed, get the oil can out? It's not as easy on a mini covered in muck all the time but I will try
  #25   IP: 109.152.17.164
Old 09-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Evans & Reid are worth a try or SPS....

Got to be worth doing properly
  #26   IP: 31.52.94.169
Old 09-09-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerjones View Post
Yes I've got them saved on my tablet, must have looked at there stuff before.
How can you keep rollers lubed, get the oil can out? It's not as easy on a mini covered in muck all the time but I will try
a more regular cleaning regime sounds like the way forward Dylan
  #27   IP: 31.52.94.169
Old 09-09-2017, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
Evans & Reid are worth a try or SPS....

Got to be worth doing properly
aye E&R are a good shout too James .... deffo worth the effort I'd say though ... kept clean they'd last well with an O/Op on the job .... 'less yer name's Dan
  #28   IP: 88.21.204.134
Old 10-09-2017, 09:09 AM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
aye E&R are a good shout too James .... deffo worth the effort I'd say though ... kept clean they'd last well with an O/Op on the job .... 'less yer name's Dan
hows the rain tday boyo?

i would spend the money, dont see how theres any choice, if they have done 3k hours then youll get your moneys worth, and without you couldnt really sell it with a conscience. be like a new machine when you start tracking around. however.. consider this... are you going to see other parts like slew ring etc starting to fail, might be a good time to sell or spend.. they always say at that many hours everything is a grand to fix... and thats so bloody true

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #29   IP: 31.52.94.169
Old 10-09-2017, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Diggers View Post
hows the rain tday boyo?

i would spend the money, dont see how theres any choice, if they have done 3k hours then youll get your moneys worth, and without you couldnt really sell it with a conscience. be like a new machine when you start tracking around. however.. consider this... are you going to see other parts like slew ring etc starting to fail, might be a good time to sell or spend.. they always say at that many hours everything is a grand to fix... and thats so bloody true
still wet but coming down a bit slower

know what you mean Dan .... but as is, it ain't worth a lorramarsbars see no choice really
  #30   IP: 79.75.87.212
Old 11-09-2017, 08:06 PM
Sublime Master Elected

Ordered parts tonight, full set of bottom rollers, two sprockets, and one track.
750 with delivery and vat.
I dropped the oil from the motor's aswell, it was like black treacle and smelt real bad. Probably never been changed ever
Ordered off mst