The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Photos

#101   IP: 86.142.83.13
Old 08-03-2015, 08:43 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Mogmans Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogman View Post
Made this last week
Attachment 24143
Have a guess what its for................not you V8, think you may have inside information
There might be a clue with what's around it
Umm Moi? Where from??? Or have we had a conversation about this and I was on autopilot?????

I can see what the base unit is - got one something like it!!

OK just looked again and I've just twigged what it's for !! looks good mate

Have you tried it yet ------ oh yeah HTF do you pick them up full???
  #102   IP: 80.44.200.197
Old 08-03-2015, 09:31 PM
Knight of the East

I made it from an old diesel fired workshop heater that we scrapped and mounted it an an old belle mixer frame, made a lid from the fuel tank that fed the heater lagged it with rock wool off a central heating tank then covered the top with an old 45 steel drum

We've got about 200 gallons of diesel that came from old tanks and pipes from some of the jobs we have been doing of late, so have plenty of fuel for it as well

we've got over 1/4 of a mile of lead covered copper cable

We just put a load in the burner leave for a few minutes and the lead flows out into the ingots, turn it off then pick the very hot copper cable out (with welding gauntlets on)

RIMG0229 (Medium).jpg

RIMG0227 (Medium).jpg

RIMG0230 (Medium).jpg

RIMG0228 (Medium).jpg

If you can't buy it build it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #103   IP: 86.142.83.13
Old 08-03-2015, 09:38 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
I made it from an old diesel fired workshop heater that we scrapped and mounted it an an old belle mixer frame, made a lid from the fuel tank that fed the heater lagged it with rock wool off a central heating tank then covered the top with an old 45 steel drum

We've got about 200 gallons of diesel that came from old tanks and pipes from some of the jobs we have been doing of late, so have plenty of fuel for it as well

we've got over 1/4 of a mile of lead covered copper cable

We just put a load in the burner leave for a few minutes and the lead flows out into the ingots, turn it off then pick the very hot copper cable out (with welding gauntlets on)

Attachment 24145

Attachment 24146

Attachment 24148

Attachment 24147
Bloody brilliant mate!!!!! Have you considered some tongs for the copper bits,before you brand your thumb, with a holey glove?

How heavy are yer moulds, full up?

Just make sure you're up wind is the order of the day eh?
  #104   IP: 80.44.200.197
Old 08-03-2015, 09:57 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Bloody brilliant mate!!!!! Have you considered some tongs for the copper bits,before you brand your thumb, with a holey glove?

How heavy are yer moulds, full up?

Just make sure you're up wind is the order of the day eh?
Going to get a tarmac fork when we start full production

It weighs over 50kgs when an inch from the top

Not to bad being outside and with the lid closed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #105   IP: 31.82.56.171
Old 09-03-2015, 03:36 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Clocked the wire and guessed it was burning the plastic off, lots of fire little smoke, never thought of lead. Clever chap

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

#106   IP: 78.144.98.231
Old 09-03-2015, 08:58 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Quote:
Going to get a tarmac fork when we start full production

It weighs over 50kgs when an inch from the top

Not to bad being outside and with the lid closed
Good stuff Paul, I'd like to come and have a look round one day ! Bet there is all sorts of home made stuff
  #107   IP: 86.160.192.76
Old 09-03-2015, 09:12 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Lead covered copper wire. That is a real find.
Never come across that before. Guess the lead was to shield the data carried on the wires from the Russans, or in case of nuclear blast.
Graham
  #108   IP: 80.44.200.197
Old 04-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Knight of the East

As some of you know I have a yard that is to the rear of a scrap yard and drive through the main yard nearly every day but the lads who own it know I like to have a tinker with stuff.....So had a nice surprise the other day when I found this in my yard
RIMG0308.jpg
Someone had weighed it in and Steve (the owner) had sent it down to my yard while I was away
So lifted the hood
RIMG0309.jpg
Looks like it's been in a damp environment

Jumped the battery and it turned over but no smoke had a closer look and the fuel rack is seized,so off with the linkage freed off then back in and blow me it fired up but..........spitting diesel everywhere (somebody had slackened every fuel pipe trying to get it going) tighten it all up and away she went

So now to the output....................nothing........... but after further investgation find the 415v 240v &110v sockets are fed from a rdc that is f@@ked so of to the electric suppliers to be told they are 120+.................so back in the van to have a better search at the yard....found one out of a control box from a large compressor bit smaller physically but made it fit......so now got all the sockets working but the welder still not playing.........got 40-50v output but very little ampage (won't even register on my meter) anyway got called in for tea so to be continued when I get a bit more time

#109   IP: 86.172.31.96
Old 04-05-2015, 11:23 PM

Quote:
As some of you know I have a yard that is to the rear of a scrap yard and drive through the main yard nearly every day but the lads who own it know I like to have a tinker with stuff.....So had a nice surprise the other day when I found this in my yard
Attachment 24566
Someone had weighed it in and Steve (the owner) had sent it down to my yard while I was away
So lifted the hood
Attachment 24567
Looks like it's been in a damp environment

Jumped the battery and it turned over but no smoke had a closer look and the fuel rack is seized,so off with the linkage freed off then back in and blow me it fired up but..........spitting diesel everywhere (somebody had slackened every fuel pipe trying to get it going) tighten it all up and away she went

So now to the output....................nothing........... but after further investgation find the 415v 240v &110v sockets are fed from a rdc that is f@@ked so of to the electric suppliers to be told they are 120+.................so back in the van to have a better search at the yard....found one out of a control box from a large compressor bit smaller physically but made it fit......so now got all the sockets working but the welder still not playing.........got 40-50v output but very little ampage (won't even register on my meter) anyway got called in for tea so to be continued when I get a bit more time
Looks vaguely like an early Mosa, Mog
Should be able to get info on that alright

Sounds like a very nice 'gift'/prezzy
  #110   IP: 80.44.200.197
Old 05-05-2015, 09:43 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Looks vaguely like an early Mosa, Mog
Should be able to get info on that alright

Sounds like a very nice 'gift'/prezzy
Yes a Mosa ts300 all working as it should apart from the welding side of things