The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#1   IP: 86.147.148.9
Old 03-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Grand Master Architect

Default Scammers

So while browsing ebay yesterday looking for things to buy i noticed a TB014 2007 for 3400.

Knowing this was a scam, I am interested as to how they do it. So I messaged him about it asking to buy it and when can I collect. I asked if VAT was on top and I would pay using cash.

Today I received a text from

+4917693572124. Not a uk number
Stating
Hi, Just got a message from you via ebay about my takeuchi tb014 mini digger, if you are still interested please get back to me by email, lenihan767@gmail.com as I am in a low reception area , thanks, Thomas.

So I have emailed that address to see what happens. Will keep this thread up to date so we can see what lengths they will go to. I will push them to the very end

Ross

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Twitter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Facebook
  #2   IP: 86.154.21.102
Old 03-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Scammers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regy53 View Post
So while browsing ebay yesterday looking for things to buy i noticed a TB014 2007 for 3400.

Knowing this was a scam, I am interested as to how they do it. So I messaged him about it asking to buy it and when can I collect. I asked if VAT was on top and I would pay using cash.

Today I received a text from

+4917693572124. Not a uk number
Stating
Hi, Just got a message from you via ebay about my takeuchi tb014 mini digger, if you are still interested please get back to me by email, lenihan767@gmail.com as I am in a low reception area , thanks, Thomas.

So I have emailed that address to see what happens. Will keep this thread up to date so we can see what lengths they will go to. I will push them to the very end

Ross
Played this game in '12, Regy.
Comes to an abrupt end when you INSIST on a viewing, especially if 'you have a mate' within spitting distance of where they tell you said machine is standing.
Had a go with that particular one that went on close on 2 weeks, 'til as I say it's a "no view - no money" situation. They then simply evaporate!!
  #3   IP: 86.144.235.12
Old 03-01-2014, 02:08 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Is it worth reporting it to epay or even old bill ?

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

#4   IP: 213.205.229.64
Old 03-01-2014, 03:52 PM
Grand Master Architect

I want to see an invoice so an going to play their game. Would like to see what they use. Just intrested that's all

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #5   IP: 109.153.224.164
Old 03-01-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
I want to see an invoice so an going to play their game. Would like to see what they use. Just intrested that's all
i think it could be quite funny
  #6   IP: 86.154.21.102
Old 03-01-2014, 05:27 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4c24a View Post
i think it could be quite funny
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasRob View Post
Is it worth reporting it to epay or even old bill ?
Have gotten fed up with reporting these things to ebay Rob -all they do is take the listing down. Dibble's not interested, unless you've lost yer bucks!

Will be interesting to see what happens on the invoice front Ross.
I had emails and even phone calls from the one I was 'playing along'.

Sounded very plausible.

Even got a text about 3 months later, asking if I was still interested in the m/c!!

As I say, once 'my mate' 5 miles from where it was supposedly located got mentioned, all went quiet, even with me chasing them for responses!!

Would like 10 min.s 'chat' with a baseball bat, with any/all of these scumbags. They're a PITA on ebay.

What would be fun Gra is to set up a ghost email account to jam their system solid with replies/spam.
  #7   IP: 176.250.217.152
Old 03-01-2014, 10:55 PM
Knight of the East

ask them if they can deliver, then they will be all go and then it gets fun..

next ask for them to prove they are genuine and send you a picture with them standing on their head, saying the reason for this is the picture cannot be faked by finding something similar on google images. this part is just for your own fun. go wild

#8   IP: 86.147.148.9
Old 03-01-2014, 11:06 PM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Diggers View Post

next ask for them to prove they are genuine and send you a picture with them standing on their head, saying the reason for this is the picture cannot be faked by finding something similar on google images. this part is just for your own fun. go wild
I am going to, lol I have been asked for scanned copys of my details and picture id when dealing with customers abroad so I just want to have a little fun, see how legit the invoice looks and s/n and keep them hanging on if I can. might tell them I will send a cheque and then send a cheque with a childs drawing on of a digger.

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #9   IP: 81.158.18.175
Old 04-01-2014, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Diggers View Post

Smugfu**er!!!!!!
You's back then?
How's the tan?
Did you get the Yanmar link?
They won't even talk delivery 'til they get a cheque usually Dan!

Pass me the bat!!!!

Last edited by V8Druid; 04-01-2014 at 12:10 AM.
  #10   IP: 81.158.18.175
Old 04-01-2014, 12:09 AM

Quote:
I am going to, lol I have been asked for scanned copys of my details and picture id when dealing with customers abroad so I just want to have a little fun, see how legit the invoice looks and s/n and keep them hanging on if I can. might tell them I will send a cheque and then send a cheque with a childs drawing on of a digger.
Better still Ross, send 'em a child's drawing of a cheque for the right amount, drawn against the bank of Toyland. Should really piss 'em off!!

Tags
colin.e.bowes@gmail.com, crxtrsd@mail.co.uk, eric2santos@op.pl, johnson63robert@gmail.com, r.o.b.d.a.v.j@gmail.com, trs249@bpwide.co.uk