The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#21   IP: 2.96.29.101
Old 09-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Intimate Secretary

Default Re: Scammers

I'll be up near Elgin at the weekend. Get an address from him and tell him I'll be round for a look
  #22   IP: 2.29.60.26
Old 09-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Intendant of the Building

It would have to be with the caption "Who do i make the cheque payable too?"
  #23   IP: 31.54.194.145
Old 09-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Grand Master Architect

Just replied.

Hello Thomas,

No problems about the reply I took get caught up with work and before you know it you have lost a few days.

Wow the machine is far away, I actually have family up that way, they moved there many many years ago, (you have a lovely cathedral) do you live up there?

The machine sounds perfect for me, we are just small builders so the few scrapes and bangs suit us as we will probably add some more.

I have never bought such a big thing on ebay before, let alone with paypal. I see you said you could deliver do you have lorry’s down this way? I am in Linconshire (another lovely cathedral)

Would it be possible to pay by cheque? I can have one sent first class tomorrow if it’s of any use. We are just in the middle of changing banks so online transfers are not easy. Unless I transferred from my personal account?

I am not in a huge rush for the machine if your transport is not coming this way for a week or two as we still have our trusty JCB 8015.

Please let me know

Regards
Ross

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Twitter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Facebook
  #24   IP: 86.154.16.145
Old 10-01-2014, 07:00 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regy53 View Post
Just replied.

Hello Thomas,

No problems about the reply I took get caught up with work and before you know it you have lost a few days.

Wow the machine is far away, I actually have family up that way, they moved there many many years ago, (you have a lovely cathedral) do you live up there?

The machine sounds perfect for me, we are just small builders so the few scrapes and bangs suit us as we will probably add some more.

I have never bought such a big thing on ebay before, let alone with paypal. I see you said you could deliver do you have lorry’s down this way? I am in Linconshire (another lovely cathedral)

Would it be possible to pay by cheque? I can have one sent first class tomorrow if it’s of any use. We are just in the middle of changing banks so online transfers are not easy. Unless I transferred from my personal account?

I am not in a huge rush for the machine if your transport is not coming this way for a week or two as we still have our trusty JCB 8015.

Please let me know

Regards
Ross
Virtually the entire first page of my 'newly listed' digger/excavator search on ebay tonight is blatant scammers!!!!!
  #25   IP: 31.54.79.65
Old 10-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Virtually the entire first page of my 'newly listed' digger/excavator search on ebay tonight is blatant scammers!!!!!
Which ones? Post em up.
  #26   IP: 86.154.16.145
Old 10-01-2014, 09:35 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by pond digger View Post
Which ones? Post em up.
You jest!!!! - there's 26 of the damned things all at £999-00!!!! All mini/midis.

here's the page URL
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Diggers-/95493/i.html?_sop=10

Can not be arsed to report 'em

On EDIT

pic.s attached after much fannying about to produce!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Newly listed scammers today_1.jpg (76.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Newly listed scammers today_2.jpg (76.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Newly listed scammers today_3.jpg (77.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Newly listed scammers today_4.jpg (76.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Newly listed scammers today_5.jpg (47.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Newly listed scammers today_6.jpg (55.1 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by V8Druid; 10-01-2014 at 09:52 PM.
  #27   IP: 31.54.194.145
Old 11-01-2014, 09:59 AM
Grand Master Architect

So much bulls*it

Hi, The digger is in very good condition, recently serviced, everything works as it should. All paperwork present. It belonged to my brother who unfortunately passed away 2 months ago. The digger is located up north in Scotland near Elgin. I do not reside in the UK, i'm based in Berlin, Germany and because of that i have chosen to handle the sale online through eBay. This way we can both be protected and insured. I will get somebody to bring it to you if you decide to buy it but we have to close the deal through eBay. My friend is not in Elgin and will be traveling from a distance so I must be sure and not put him on the road based on words, no one would, because I have no one in Elgin. You will receive the digger in 3-4 days and you will have the chance to inspect it before I get paid. My friend will bring the digger directly to you as soon as I will have the payment confirmation from PayPal. Also you will have to put your decision there and if it will be an " Yes, i want keep the digger" or " No, I want to return the digger" (in case it isn't as i have described it), PayPal will either advance the funds to me or give you a refund and my friend will collect the digger.
If you want it, let me know your phone number and your name, address where it must be delivered so i can register the sale with ebay to proceed. If you will decide to not go through now then is not a problem I still quite have a few more offers from potential buyers. Hopefully, I made myself understood and we will be closing the deal. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,
Thomas

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #28   IP: 86.144.238.176
Old 11-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

You've got more patience than me I have to admit.

Interesting to know just how useles epay are at protecting your money though.

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

#29   IP: 31.54.194.145
Old 11-01-2014, 12:43 PM
Grand Master Architect

well the good news is if you now search his phone number of email it links to this thread.

I will continue with another reply later on

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #30   IP: 86.154.16.145
Old 11-01-2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasRob View Post
You've got more patience than me I have to admit.

Interesting to know just how useles epay are at protecting your money though.
No worse/better than leaving it in a pile in yer front garden!!

I speak from experience in both directions - seller/buyer. Charge you the fees, etc., but if you've a problem - forget it.

Tags
colin.e.bowes@gmail.com, crxtrsd@mail.co.uk, eric2santos@op.pl, johnson63robert@gmail.com, r.o.b.d.a.v.j@gmail.com, trs249@bpwide.co.uk