The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#7121   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 02-07-2019, 11:30 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

been a busy-ish sort of day .... my old alarm guy arrived this morning ... bloody early ... we'd arranged it last week, but didn't anticipate him turning up at 08.00

needed some fabbing skills to sort out an automated gate system bracketry.
not the first one i've done for him ... these things arrive with half the bits missing / not assembled / sorted to suit their eventual homes !!

Pretty poor show really considering the cost of these kits.

anyway three hours later and he's a happy chappy, with it all modified/adjusted to suit his needs.
tells me that he and others struggle to get small fab jobs done these days, with me long out of it and no-one else to turn to locally.

Richy the lad who used to work for me and set up on his own has apparently been tempted by a monthly pay cheque, to take a job as a maintenance engineer in a large factory of some sort and now only does what he fancies, as and when, for himself. ... Can understand the steady wage being a temptation ... the vagaries of self employment can be hard work some times

Anyway, can see Darren being back more often, as he does a lot of these gate automations, along side his alarm systems and video surveillance work .

with half the day shot, I turned my attentions to getting me cabling into the duct up the patch, now that a couple of rolls of cable i'd been waiting for had arrived last Friday

went up the duct very well .... aided by a three core 20mm SWA as a pusher .... bloody heavy though, as it got further and further up the duct

'til it eventually surfaced in the black shed ......

sorted the tails out on the SWA and persuaded it into the junction/dis. box .... hot - couldn't be arsed to get up in the loft to isolate it,

especially as I wasn't going to be connecting the tails, other than the earth line for now, as there's now't on t'other end ATM, 'til me boxes get moved.
Will mean though that it's a simple task to re-establish leccy in 'em fairly quickly after they're moved !!

also laid in two control lines... one to extend the 8 core from the house for the outside lighting control and a second to extend the LED flood supply, up from the black shed to the boxes, making them all controllable fro the house eventually --- beats groping down from there in the dark

all done and buttoned back up for now, 'til I can get it hooked up each end

didn't bother putting a pull line into this one, as I can't foresee wanting anything else up it ..... did consider laying in an MDPE pipe for an air line, but pretty sure it could be persuaded up there again .... need to decide whether to bother or not, though, before I get it all stoned up !!
Reckon a 20mm would do it, but would need to go get a roll, as I dont currently have any sat ..... either that or stick with the 25 mm which i do have, plus plenty of fittings too
  #7122   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 02-07-2019, 11:55 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

excess coiled up for now ..... stone next (or an air pipe?? )

been waiting on a new ISO 40 INT to MT4 sleeve adapter to arrive with a 5/8" x 11 draw thread ..... the one I picked up recently for next to now't is M 16, which is a PITA .... without the metric bar to match it ... must get one made
also got three more #3 MT sleeves arriving too ..... couldn't leave 'em there at a tenner each ... much quicker dropping the adapters out the quill and swapping for the next one than changing bits/tools.

guy selling them, in Oxford, told me last night he used to live four miles down the road in Grosmont ..... his dad was the local vicar ... and knows the area very well ........ such a small world !!!!

so she's now armed with a #4 MT mounted, 3/4" chuck, plus the ability to drive up to a 2" MT drill bits .. aside from all the various Clarkson cutter chucks and collet chucks I have sat, ready to use, on some of the next projects.

would have come in well handy for Darren's lil' job this morning and saved hauling the mag drill out !!

Genny's oil pressure gauge was playing 'silly buggers' yesterday .....

will have to try the new sender unit, Serge gave me, in it ..... see if that cures the problem .....
  #7123   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 04-07-2019, 10:09 AM

would you bloody believe it !!! ... there's only been one other of these on ebay in months and I bought it ..... cheap enough weapon ... not as shiny/tidy as my new toy ... but been converted to single phase and as near to me as Bristol, as good as ... and a grand less
do't usually look after I've bought summat, but had a search running for turret mills and this got sent to me today

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333255153414?ul_noapp=true

300+ quids-worth of tooling with it .... plus a couple o' hundred quids-worth of rotary table too BTLs

Sod's law
  #7124   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 12-07-2019, 10:28 PM

ok .... got a bit of catching up to do so gonna date some of these ...

4/7/11

lovely sky tonight ..... been some sort of day ....

I misguidedly said the other night the Dane was unstop-able ..... I was wrong ...... been dealing with the verge and passing places on the drive this afters ...

Dane was happily wading through this sort of stuff and more ... some 4 ft tall .... until I found a horse feed net hiding in the undergrowth ..... that stopped her dead ..... buggered the net too

2 mins to extricate it and away we went again, grass/undergrowth slaying in a fine fashion

with the sun cooled down after tea, I set about starting a re-coat on this ....

got a whole side and the door end (such as it is) done in an hour an' a half with my trusty fabricator's friend .... gonna have to mix up another batch of bit. tomorrow, to get any further ...... do all the big bits first and sort the fiddlys with a brush after

forgot to say, a few weeks ago ...... I installed one of those snubbers i bought to deal with the induced ghost voltage in the LED flood circuit ..... worked a treat .... no more flashing LEDs
  #7125   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 12-07-2019, 10:36 PM

5-7-19

another great sky tonight guys . ...

good job Pam took the pix .... I didn't notice it ... had me back to it painting the shed again, after the sun'd cooled down a bit this evening, after we'd eaten .. far too warm through the day to be stood in it .... and Clara and a can of bituminous, in the same county, would not be a good idea

latest bargains arrived this evening with the local Hermes driver ..... tripped over a guy, literally 'blowing out' a load of tooling he'd acquired, in a job lot of stuff that he couldn't use and /or didn't want ... I'd bid on and won one bargain item and he rang me asking if I'd like some more at equally give away prices ... never look a gift horse, etc. ...

new, they're 50 to 70 ish quid each, on the MT adapters, the collet chuck'd be more ....
God knows what a 10-11" More & Wright mic.'d cost you and the random item on the left, is an aircraft grade 0-200 psi, variable, multi turn, pressure reg. (thought Alex (Cyberprog) might fancy that for his new found interest in air controlled 'toys' ) ....
princely sum of 30 quid the lot ...... an' a tenner for Hermes .....
I was robbed
what would you have done??
can never have enough tools, especially when they're that bloody cheap .... will save a lot of tooling changes(y)
he had loads of other stuff too, on ISO 40, but metric draw bar, so was restrained and left that lot there ..... although I'll probably regret doing so, once I get around to making an M16 draw-bar
Got 20 tonnes of clean 40mm arriving tomorrow, some time, courtesy of Alex
my usual guys were saying 7-10 days delivery which in reality'd be a minimum of 14 ....
he got it sorted in two, with one of the quarries he has an account with ......couldn't fault him .
Must decide whether to put in that air line now, or not PDQ ....
wanna get that drainage trench filled in , before someone gets too close to the edge in a vehicle and collapses the damned thing, or one of the cats decides to disappear up the 6" pipe ....
have had to drag squeak away from it twice today ...
must be a mouse in there, so stuck a spike through the end of it, to reduce the amount of wriggle room ... not even Sparts could get by that ..... would be a disaster to get one of them stuck in there

So...... get that filled and can sort some pads for a box move, with the leccy now in situ for a relocation :giggle: and speedy hook up ..... couldn't be without leccy in 'em for long
  #7126   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 12-07-2019, 10:48 PM

it arrived 'bout half two ....

a fair pile that ..... see what's left tomorrow afternoon
didn't have time to play with it this afters ... had to dash into town

Local merchants in the morning for 50M of 25mm MDPE .... persuade that up the duct (piece I had ain't quite long enough for an air line and bury it all
spent a couple of hours this morning waiting for me truck securing the taps .... 20mm hole drilled into the deck ..... solid rock ... sledge the 20mm bar into place and hey presto ... will do fine to keep 'em in the air .... couldn't see how to put a stake in the ground with out core drilling it and this'll do the job

#7127   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 12-07-2019, 10:57 PM

just had an idea for a refinement .... will see if it'll fit tomorrow

shed looking all shiny this morning, after its re-paint

might finally get the gutters on that Sunday

so .... merchants at 09.00 saturday morning ... relieved of 107 quid and change for 100M of 25mm MDPE ..... thought it was dear?? ... but needed it and wasn't gonna go trekking about looking for it ..... also found a 'new' farm supplies type place on an adjacent IE, which i'd never seen before ..... didn't dare ask what they did the MDPE rolls for

so after 'modifying' the end of it ....

#7128   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 12-07-2019, 11:02 PM

to aid in stuffing it up the duct ..............

it got 'stuffed' up the duct

got within probably 3 ft of the far end in't black shed and COULD NOT get the bloody thing round the bend, where it comes up in the flloor of the black shed

so hauled it all back out and started again from the shed end

..... with more success

#7129   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 12-07-2019, 11:06 PM

stuck the VA-r on along with the clamshell, that hasn't seen much action in a while

and set about relocating some 40mm, from the heap, to where i wanted it

got to the second gravity fed tap and had everything held in place ...... permanently

before wrestling yon duct and the pressure fed line into it's approximate final location -- for now ...

then it was time to make it stay put, so's I could fill past ..... enter Mr Spit's finest .... this makes holes almost as well as Mr Hilti's TE17 does
  #7130   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 12-07-2019, 11:12 PM

one 19" deep, 20mm hole later and a spike sledged into it 'til it bottomed out........

and yon plumbing/cabling was where I want it for future use

and secured for filling over

got this far and Pam's BIL arrived, with Pam's sister, Niece and other half ..... bugger!!

so, combined with the fact that we were going over to Ross, to Serge's for dinner at 18.00, they put paid to any hope of further progress for the day

reckon I was about 45% of the way round and past all the nadgery bits, so pretty plain sailing from here on, to join up with the existing run of stone, at the top end of me patch .....
Sunday or no, a couple of hours'll see it filled tomorrow .... then bag up the excess for future use, after I've added a few bits here an' there, where needed
Dinner in Ross was lovely and Serge was on fine form .....
his garage (read -- small hangar),that I did the dig out for a while back is looking bloody great ..... not seen it in the daylight before, since the roller shutter doors got installed and his upper floor/storage area got laid....it's one very triple garage/workshop

then it was "Time for bed, said Zebedee"