The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#11   IP: 213.233.147.148
Old 05-08-2017, 09:07 AM
Secret Master

Default Re: Coles iron fairy crane

Just a few some problems, the brakes are stuck on, the air is building up but not releasing the brakes and is the power steering worked of the main hydraulic tank and if the oil is not at the mark would it cause no steering. Will have lots of over questions if I can manage to get it from where it is to my garage. I will try and post a pic.
  #12   IP: 213.233.147.162
Old 05-08-2017, 11:31 AM
Secret Master

Might also need a lesson on how to post a picture on here as I've forgotten!
  #13   IP: 82.20.150.176
Old 05-08-2017, 08:29 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mc Hugh View Post
Might also need a lesson on how to post a picture on here as I've forgotten!
Druid is very very good but not THAT GOOD!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #14   IP: 81.151.174.255
Old 05-08-2017, 09:12 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Just a few some problems, the brakes are stuck on, the air is building up but not releasing the brakes and is the power steering worked of the main hydraulic tank and if the oil is not at the mark would it cause no steering. Will have lots of over questions if I can manage to get it from where it is to my garage. I will try and post a pic.
firstly Boyo ..... WTF is it ???
IF it's a fairy, they usually have a separate power steering pump, fed by a reservoir on the cab bulkhead, behind the driver's right shoulder ...
in the engine bay .. but have seen 'em in the cab too
Power steering is a bit of a euphemism on fairies; that and a lot of wishful thinking !

The brakes are AFAIK / can recall, air over hydraulics ... reservoirs are in the cab.
the handbrake is a gert lever beside your right knee....bit like a signal box lever and totally mechanical.
if it's been stood with it on, the shoes'll have rusted to the drums, or the linkages will have seized.

I assume you have had it running, so try rocking it in reverse ... not too much grief ... the gear boxes are tiny and burst for a past-time ... unless it's a 5 speed ... they are a little more robust.

As for pix ...... see the pix attached ... the right click - open in new tab gives you a preview of what you've loaded if you want to look and need to do it for each image. If you just click it will open in the same window and your post disappears .... don't panic, just press the step back button and it'll come back
the main thing is the size of the file .... try one to start with and see if it will upload ... if it doesn't.... compress the file size in a picture editing prog. and try uploading the newly created compressed version.

I did actually get the forum to upload 3 full size files the other night by accident ... ... it don't happen often, so I'd compress them ... there's a size guide in the upload window

there's other things you can do too ... master this first good luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg att.s.jpg (96.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg choose file.jpg (95.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg upload.jpg (97.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg currrent att.s.jpg (95.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg preview post.jpg (96.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg R click - open in new tab.jpg (99.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg step back.jpg (93.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg size guide.jpg (94.7 KB, 5 views)
  #15   IP: 81.151.174.255
Old 05-08-2017, 09:13 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by strott View Post
Druid is very very good but not THAT GOOD!!
Ahem !!
  #16   IP: 213.205.198.244
Old 05-08-2017, 09:22 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
where'd you find that Rory ... thought I'd destroyed all copies of that when i burnt the negatives

Jesus it even looks a bit like me
A Bit, your having a laugh. That is you!

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #17   IP: 81.151.174.255
Old 05-08-2017, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasRob View Post
A Bit, your having a laugh. That is you!
TBH Rob ..... it's uncannily like me ..... bit like a pic of my great great grandfather I discovered on FB a while back ..... sat there stunned when i opened it .... Pam just said "OMG ... that's you in a few years time"

Always wondered WTF I got my nose from in the family .... now I knew !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg great great grandfather - mother.jpg (92.1 KB, 76 views)
  #18   IP: 213.233.150.96
Old 06-08-2017, 12:56 PM
Secret Master

Graham, the crane I have is the same one as the first picture you posted and as far as I can see the power steering is operated of the main hydraulic tank but correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still having trouble to get pics to load might be as I'm using an iPhone 7, I will try again later from a tablet.
  #19   IP: 31.105.201.250
Old 06-08-2017, 06:30 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
...... I'm still having trouble to get pics to load might be as I'm using an iPhone 7, I will try again later from a tablet.
Almost certainly the resolution (pixel count) is too high.
Some phone cameras you can down grade the quality (reduce pixel count) or try sending it to yourself as an email, some again give you option to reduce resolution for quicker sending.

#20   IP: 31.105.201.250
Old 06-08-2017, 06:39 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
...... sat there stunned when i opened it .... Pam just said "OMG ... that's you in a few years time"
Incredible likeness but thats family for you

My two offspring got a double dose of the ginger gene as both their great grandparents were red heads
Mother in law used to have nightmares when my son was a youngster as he had many of my traits, but has grown to over 6ft which is not from my side of the family, he is very much like his mothers dad. Tall good looking, slightly OCD and a gentleman.
You can understand the confusion Not me at all.