The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > General Business Issues

#1   IP: 78.147.73.157
Old 24-01-2017, 11:37 PM
Grand Master Architect

Default Digger licence

It's that time again, my digger licence needs renewing. I got mine on grandfather rights, then over the years had to be tested on the category I wanted to keep.
Going back 4 plus years Tim very kindly offered to be my validated for me (what a guy)
Is there anyone willing or able to do this for me. Think last time, after I did my H and S. Tim just said send it all to him and he sorted it
So I'm not sure what is involved.
Thanks dylan
  #2   IP: 31.49.234.221
Old 24-01-2017, 11:50 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Default Re: Digger licence

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerjones View Post
It's that time again, my digger licence needs renewing. I got mine on grandfather rights, then over the years had to be tested on the category I wanted to keep.
Going back 4 plus years Tim very kindly offered to be my validated for me (what a guy)
Is there anyone willing or able to do this for me. Think last time, after I did my H and S. Tim just said send it all to him and he sorted it
So I'm not sure what is involved.
Thanks dylan
As a self employed operator you can Self Validate. I will PM you, but should you wish to do the self validating here is the page where you get the form.

http://www.citb.co.uk/cards-testing/...pcs-employers/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #3   IP: 86.183.41.149
Old 25-01-2017, 08:10 AM
Sublime Master Elected

I self validate, load of balls really!
Still don't know if I need to fill In A logbook or not?!
  #4   IP: 31.49.234.221
Old 25-01-2017, 08:26 AM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davejcb View Post
I self validate, load of balls really!
Still don't know if I need to fill In A logbook or not?!
As long as your validators happy that's all that matters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #5   IP: 78.147.73.157
Old 25-01-2017, 08:48 AM
Grand Master Architect

Cheers for that, never filled a log book in yet think I would have got my licence in about 1987. Only needed a few times. I could do without it but always worry if I had no work it would be handy. Load of crap really.
  #6   IP: 86.168.52.93
Old 25-01-2017, 09:42 AM
Secret Master

Useful thread started by Dylan and information posted by Rory
So, I have a CPCS Trained Operator Red Card for 360 tracked above and below 10 tonnes with lifting operations.
Being self employed and operating a little 1.5 tonne machine now need to overcome the hurdles of obtaining my Competent Operator Blue Card
Obviously any practical advice would be gratefully received.
Have done a loads of work that could go into a log book for S/NVQ and validation etc.
For example - can I self verify or should it be an approved validator?
  #7   IP: 86.7.227.133
Old 25-01-2017, 01:37 PM
Intendant of the Building

you have to apply to be a validator then you can self validate
if you work on site for people (sub contract) on a site they "should" sign your book even if you are a validator

you need to do the nvq2 to get the blue card if you have no nvq's you can usually get it the first one free.

there isnt a lot to the nvq when i did mine they came out on site looked at a hole being dug and some stone being graded then answered the questions dont think needed any hours signed off to do the course

not sure when you do the nvq if the size matters but i waited till there was an above ten ton machine on site just to be safe that above and below would be kept but ask your nvq assessor as no point doing it on a below 10t if you lose the above class

ive just sent off for the self validate as need to renew dont really do any site work but its handy to keep the card active

#8   IP: 149.254.186.23
Old 25-01-2017, 10:40 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

I know very little about the RED to Blue requirements other than as a red card holder you DO NOT need to log hours, it seems other parts of the process eliminate this need.

BLUE card holder, to renew.

You need to have completed the Health & Safety Touchscreen test within last 24months, you also need to complete the "Module" (another touchscreen test) that covers the category you wish to renew.

Read this page and click the MODULE MATCHER hyperlink which will show you which modules you need to do.

http://www.citb.co.uk/cards-testing/...-renewal-test/

The details on your renewal form need to be VALIDATED (signed off) by a CITB registered verifer. IF you are self employed you can apply to self verify.

To meet their obligations, CITB / CPCS have to audit a % of renewals and you may get asked to provide your logbook ( if thats the renewal option you have ticked on the paperwork)
Bottom line is, the Log Book is your free ticket to renewal, if you have not got it then you will need to have an on site assessment to confirm your competence, which obviously could be quite expensive.

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

#9   IP: 78.150.136.195
Old 25-01-2017, 11:17 PM
Grand Master Architect

I take it this is my blue ticket

So rob I will have to do a module matcher.
I must have had this ticket (licence ) for thirty years now and still don't understand it. But then again what I am doing now is because of it.
I came back from the states with no job but because I had been on a farm with a old jcb I was persuaded to get licence. When I got back someone was advertising for driver, I got the job because I had the ticket, not because I could operate it
  #10   IP: 86.183.41.149
Old 25-01-2017, 11:33 PM
Sublime Master Elected

To be fair I've got about 800hrs signed up in my book from two decent jobs I did, after that I just didn't bother any more, at least it's plenty of proof for the paperchase!