The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#1951   IP: 86.133.164.94
Old 26-04-2015, 07:36 AM
Knight of the East and West

Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Your making great progress there Gra. Not seen to many big boulders yet. Be a big tester for the Drema when they reveal themselves.

Surprised your thinking of hiring in a machine to finish off the leveling in the field with the array a machines at your disposal? Couldn't you tramp over with the Drema and level with the tilt/grader, be a great way to introducing some suitable work for the Drema/tilty.

John
  #1952   IP: 86.132.96.170
Old 26-04-2015, 09:17 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

I'd just sort that out with the front bucket up and down the slope plus it'll wheel it in a bit as it'll compress over time.

Although your stuff looks alright normally we'd strip the turf and top soil off the fill area then reinstate that after the fill material if it's clay etc, looking on phone it looks a bit like clay in the dumper but like soil in the dig
  #1953   IP: 5.81.139.234
Old 26-04-2015, 10:24 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotplant View Post
Your making great progress there Gra. Not seen to many big boulders yet. Be a big tester for the Drema when they reveal themselves.

Surprised your thinking of hiring in a machine to finish off the leveling in the field with the array a machines at your disposal? Couldn't you tramp over with the Drema and level with the tilt/grader, be a great way to introducing some suitable work for the Drema/tilty.

John
Hi John,
Could be a hell of a lot faster without the trek, but that's where the hole is!!
The test'll be getting the damned things in a bucket when they start cropping up mate!
What's surfacing ATM are the odd ones that didn't get spotted/sorted first time this stuff got moved.
As I said to Rob, this lot was/came out from where the boxes are, to make room for 'em.

I would love to be able to get the 'Drema at that lot to sort it John. The pix do not really show the severity of the slope, or the awful access off the drive. I'll have to get a few, but as I say the camera just doesn't give a realistic impression.
If it was a straight up/down sort of slope it wouldn't be quite so bad, but goes in every direction. Had a few heart stoppers in the jake yesterday

Subsequently I'm considering a small tracked m/c just to get it sorted finally, to track it in a bit and grade it off tidy for the guy. Pride in getting it looking right basically John - I gotta drive by it forever after and it will bug me forever if it doesn't look right.
The draw back'd be only a fixed grader to achieve a finish with.
  #1954   IP: 81.129.72.1
Old 26-04-2015, 12:03 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB_Groundworks View Post
...... normally we'd strip the turf and top soil off the fill area then reinstate that after the fill material
Extra work I know but have to agree, topsoil is generally a much sought item you can never have to much of.

As stated a camera never does a slope justice and its better to be safe than over confident and very sorry.

I would certainly endeavour to strip back the surrounding turf & soil by a metre or more and use that to blend in the edges once finished.

All that said, keep up the good work and stay safe.

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #1955   IP: 81.129.72.1
Old 26-04-2015, 12:06 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

On a completely different note, found out a few weeks ago that "Wiemar" as on your counterweight is a town in Germany

Hydrema factory where they now make the dumptrucks seems the excavators are made in Denmark? iirc.

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #1956   IP: 5.81.139.234
Old 26-04-2015, 06:03 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB_Groundworks View Post
I'd just sort that out with the front bucket up and down the slope plus it'll wheel it in a bit as it'll compress over time.

Although your stuff looks alright normally we'd strip the turf and top soil off the fill area then reinstate that after the fill material if it's clay etc, looking on phone it looks a bit like clay in the dumper but like soil in the dig
It's a real mixed bag Giles, but very little in the way of proper clay, thankfully.
We have strange soil here. Really holds water when wet, but dries to dust in the sun/breeze, quite quickly.

You're very welcome to come and drive jake down that slope an' I'll video the attempt to get her back up.
Believe me, If I thought I'd manage it, I'd have a go too !!
I'll see what it looks like after a dose more filling, which should reduce some of the angles a bit.
Appreciate the tips on strip back, etc., but this had already had a lot of crud dumped in there from the house renovation, inside and out.
I'm covering the extent of that still ATM and may well go for a bit of blending as I approach the edges of where I'll be blending in to, but am going to need something a bit more manageable than ol' Jakie for getting a decent chance at it.
There's not a lot to differentiate between the dirt on top and a foot, or two down, here - none of it is bril., but the grass grows ok on it - too bloody well actually, when it comes to keeping it looking presentable, where required, by 'the boss' !!

May well do a bit of wheeling in with the last dumper load once it's all a tad flatter - she'll go virtually anywhere and really presses it down, then tidy off the surface afterwards.

this was all fill 2 years ago ...........

.............. with pretty much the same stuff ! It was all shapes and a wilderness when I started at it!!

Last edited by V8Druid; 26-04-2015 at 07:25 PM.
  #1957   IP: 5.81.139.234
Old 26-04-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasRob View Post
On a completely different note, found out a few weeks ago that "Wiemar" as on your counterweight is a town in Germany
Hydrema factory where they now make the dumptrucks seems the excavators are made in Denmark? iirc.
I think it may have been in the old GDR/East Germany, or very close to the border, if not Rob.
Not a bit I know - Nurnberg's the closest I've gotten I think, which is probably a good 100+ kliks away, to the south!

From memory, whilst researching the 'Drema, it was a collaborative effort between the Hydrema and Weimar factories and again IIRC there are Weimar excavators out there too, in their own right!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=we...POdMh8d0URM%3A

Think Hydrema were a bit ahead of 'em

Last edited by V8Druid; 27-05-2015 at 08:47 PM.
  #1958   IP: 5.81.139.234
Old 26-04-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Extra work I know but have to agree, topsoil is generally a much sought item you can never have to much of.
More valuable than 'rocks' then Rob??

Quote:
As stated a camera never does a slope justice and its better to be safe than over confident and very sorry.

I would certainly endeavour to strip back the surrounding turf & soil by a metre or more and use that to blend in the edges once finished.
too right - can get outashape pretty damned quick on this bank!!!!

Quote:
All that said, keep up the good work and stay safe.
Cheers Rob - I'll do my best
  #1959   IP: 109.155.174.67
Old 26-04-2015, 11:20 PM
Knight of the East and West

came across these on another forum i visit sometimes, cant speak Dutch so don't join in this il keep you browsing for a while

http://www.bouwmachineforum.nl/forum...p?f=78&t=22453

http://www.bouwmachineforum.nl/forum...p?f=78&t=19823

http://www.bouwmachineforum.nl/forum...p?f=78&t=24439

http://www.bouwmachineforum.nl/forum...hp?f=78&t=9995

#1960   IP: 5.81.139.234
Old 27-04-2015, 12:55 AM

cheers Aiden - some interesting comments on there, if not a tad on the old side!!
Some nice pix too.