The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#5951   IP: 88.111.107.37
Old 27-12-2017, 01:03 AM
Master Elect of Nine

Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

hope i havnt jinxed your with all my talk of the week getting better lol we got rain here all day so no workshop time for me lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #5952   IP: 92.1.25.141
Old 27-12-2017, 01:13 AM
Master Elect of Nine

Thanks for the birthday greeting sadly 21 is long gone 52 yuck got another Bristol pd dozer for my birthday to restore
  #5953   IP: 86.113.192.82
Old 27-12-2017, 01:31 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Been a grim ol' day here weather wise .... started with some sun and went down hill pretty quick after eleven. Lashing it down all day.

Just chatting with Alex on FB and he says "how do you like your snow ?"

looked out the window and OMG !!!!

squeak has been going nuts .. in/out the flap ... he won't be so keen if it gets up to his neck again !!

inch plus in an hour!!!!

Forecast is saying all night ..... bugger .. not again !!

At least the kids and Shem left this morning and are up with t'other granny/grandad in Solihull for several days, so no anxious GrannyPam with them out and about in it.

'62/63 started Boxing Day ..... and forgot to stop !!!!!
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...o-cold-1539625

'78/79 was a pretty white crimbo too IIRC !!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pict...-pictures.html
Take you snow over the Gail force winds and monsoon rain we are having right now
  #5954   IP: 31.52.88.212
Old 27-12-2017, 01:18 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydigger View Post
hope i havnt jinxed your with all my talk of the week getting better lol we got rain here all day so no workshop time for me lol
Jinxed be buggered Tiny .... could've been worse .. only got about an inch of frozen white shite left this morning, but the wind is enough to take your ears off ........ at the neck!!

We do have this strange yellow thing in the sky though .... anyone got any ideas WTF it might be
  #5955   IP: 31.52.88.212
Old 27-12-2017, 01:20 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckyman View Post
Thanks for the birthday greeting sadly 21 is long gone 52 yuck got another Bristol pd dozer for my birthday to restore
now that's jus' greedy Mucky ..... how many have you got already

I know it's asking a lot, but any chance of some pix
  #5956   IP: 31.52.88.212
Old 27-12-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by left hooker View Post
Take you snow over the Gail force winds and monsoon rain we are having right now
I doubt that Stu .... we've had the winds too ... all day and all night
that snow was horizontal last night .... anything north facing has an inch glaze of frozen snow this morning.

When it comes from that direction it is always 'kin cold.
The torrential rain we had all day was probably one degree off being snow, all day, so very lucky it didn't start 'til last night

Been listening to the slates lifting all night ....
bloody good job the roof pitch is 45 degrees, or they'd have been gone ... those old boys knew how to build, fariplay.
  #5957   IP: 86.113.192.82
Old 27-12-2017, 10:35 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
I doubt that Stu .... we've had the winds too ... all day and all night
that snow was horizontal last night .... anything north facing has an inch glaze of frozen snow this morning.

When it comes from that direction it is always 'kin cold.
The torrential rain we had all day was probably one degree off being snow, all day, so very lucky it didn't start 'til last night

Been listening to the slates lifting all night ....
bloody good job the roof pitch is 45 degrees, or they'd have been gone ... those old boys knew how to build, fariplay.
would still want snow over the crap we had yesterday my garden was under couple inches of water yesterday never seen it like that before
We have had wet weather for a good month constant down here get a cold drying wind looks good then another heavy guts full and back to square one
  #5958   IP: 31.52.88.212
Old 27-12-2017, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by left hooker View Post
would still want snow over the crap we had yesterday my garden was under couple inches of water yesterday never seen it like that before
We have had wet weather for a good month constant down here get a cold drying wind looks good then another heavy guts full and back to square one
It's been pretty damp in some form or another for weeks Stu .....
That realtively 'dry' patch of mine we were stood on, not that long ago, is absolutely waterlogged / sodden, even with the drains going full on.

like yours, it'll be dry for a day or so and blow like hell, just starts to dry up a bit under foot and down it comes again

I haven't had a chance yet, to sort the mess I made, shifting rocks/ spoil, etc. and that was three weeks ago

I've forked a few bits about, but the floor/rock bed looks like it's been prep.ed for mud wrestling !!
The weather really has been GRIM .... been snowing again tonight and well below zero
  #5959   IP: 206.45.236.107
Old 28-12-2017, 06:47 AM
Knight of the East and West

bitch, bitch, bitch we've had weather warnings for -40C windchill and Northern Manitoba has had warnings for -50C windchill this week, coldest Christmas for 20 years!
  #5960   IP: 79.75.67.159
Old 28-12-2017, 09:49 AM
Grand Master Architect

It's about time you put a skin infront of that block work