The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#6941   IP: 81.2.93.37
Old 08-01-2019, 12:20 AM
Elect of Fifteen

Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

I did wonder if you'd end up popping the shed in the spot your boxes wound up in.

Hope you had a good xmas with the sproglets - we went up to London to see my sister & her kids and had a good time, then came back and vegetated on boxing day - which I did on call for £££! Nothing quite beats a roast on your own terms too...
  #6942   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 08-01-2019, 09:42 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Thumbs up Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberprog View Post
I did wonder if you'd end up popping the shed in the spot your boxes wound up in.

Hope you had a good xmas with the sproglets - we went up to London to see my sister & her kids and had a good time, then came back and vegetated on boxing day - which I did on call for £££! Nothing quite beats a roast on your own terms too...
LOL ... aye , no one does it quite the way YOU like it

New year greetings from Druid central .... not had a great deal to say of late here ... it's come and gone ... we had a decent enough Crimbo, thanks Alex, aside from the 14 mth old insomniac screaming for four nights !!!!!!

Box relocation has been discussed on/off for a while .... just the logistics of it is the bugbear TBH .. weather's been kind AND dry of late, too

Got me MRI results Christmas eve on me shoulder .... torn ligaments and tendons ... dunno how? .... but bloody uncomfortable and been trying to rest it as much as possible [which apparently is 'the thing to do'], but trying to explain to Clara why 'grand dad' ain't keen on picking her up is 'uphill'

Ran the genny up one day in the week, for a good hour, to give it a charge and warm it up ..... put a few of Pam's swallows over the belt grinder whilst it was running .... only another 15 to go

WP_20190102_15_47_36_Pro.jpg

kept an eye on the gauges as it was running .... and about half an hour in, the oil pressure started floating about, from it's normal 50-ish PSI all the way up to here

WP_20190102_15_27_42_Pro.jpg

floating mostly around this ....

WP_20190102_15_14_23_Pro.jpg

and back to 50 ???? ... spoke with Serge, me genny mate and he confirmed my thoughts ... faulty sender....'sbeen fine 'til now and might also account for the issues I had with it a few months ago.

He turned up Saturday morning with a new one to try, minutes before Simon [the guy Mog bought the urban artic off a while ago] did ... with Alex hot on his heels .... bit of a gathering ... don't see anyone for ages then three turn up LOL

after a spot of coffee / tea quaffing, we adjourned to the patch and the genny in particular .... Alex measured up his riddle bucket, whilst Serge and I fannied about with yon sender ... after two failed 'new one' fits, we stuck the old one back in and it performed fine .... so left it run to warm up, whilst Alex demo-ed his new drone to us all .......

VERY impressive ---

on all counts .. amazing control on it, steady as a rock and fabulous pix ....
so courtesy of Alex, I can give you a few better pix than posted (courtesy of Bing),a while back ...

DJI_0123 approx redact.jpg

DJI_0125 redact.jpg

Alex also came up with a very interesting suggestion yesterday evening, after I'd had these arrive in my inbox ..... have a chat with the guys who own the fields around us and see if they'd be up for a bit of a boundary straighten up session .... summat like this

DJI_0122 approx 2 redact.jpg

red line is the toe of the batter ... yellow the top .... would make a hell of a difference to me patch AND shed location ... only a quick approximation last night, but does give me an interesting possibility ... that hedge line is well past its sell by ... nice new fence and hedge line for them and a 'bit of a sweetener' ..... that area is unusable currently anyway .... just scrub

DJI_0125 approx redact.jpg

I need to be having a conversation ... soon !!!!!

as for the genny and its oil gauge .. ran sweet as a nut and steady as a rock at 50-ish PSI for a good two hours ... go figure ???

WP_20190103_13_35_16_Pro.jpg
anyone recognise yon sender ??? .... would like to track down a spare ..... as it won't start with a faulty unit and can guarantee, if sod has anything to do with it, it'll fail when I most want to use it

It's an Iveco ... triple lunger ..... can't see any signs of it being adjustable and it's a sender unit driving the pressure gauge .... I don't have a low pressure oil light at all, but the beast'll shut down with a low pressure scenario
I'd guess at a VDO unit
will have to have a search on't 'net

WP_20190103_13_35_04_Pro.jpg

It ran fine for two hours though Saturday, rock steady at 50 PSI ? ODD !!

WP_20190103_13_35_44_Pro.jpg

Last edited by V8Druid; 08-01-2019 at 11:24 PM.
  #6943   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 08-01-2019, 09:56 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

A n other Q. ...... anyone suggest a source for a replacement coil for a 6 x 2 diverter valve I have ... currently has a 12V one and want a 24V?

WP_20190106_16_09_03_Pro.jpg

sod's law, as usual .... got quite a few different coils, but bugger all that matches, dimensionally

WP_20190106_16_09_14_Pro.jpg

19mm / 3/4" bore - 57mm / 2.25" length - 46mm OD ...... It's an Italian valve ... will have a look for the name on it ... did post it here some time ago

Got a lil' project that I need it for and seems a bit daft to fork out 100+ quid for a new 6 x 2, if I I can get a suitable coil for this one ..... not been able to come up with anything from Google as yet .... The guys in Raglan'd probably be able to source me one perhaps .... did well on new coils for the Rexroth solenoid Valves on't 'Drema a few months back
Bits for this lil' project, should start arriving shortly

like this yesterday morning

WP_20190107_13_52_37_Pro.jpg

WP_20190107_13_56_56_Pro.jpg

will almost certainly be seeing one of the guys who owns the boundary line shortly, as some bastard broke into their barn last night ..... and nicked the girl who rents it's horse box.
didn't get far though !!!!! ... yon 'donkey box' was awaiting some attention to the brakes and the nearside wheels were locked on .... can see the wheel marks all the way up the drive ....

WP_20190108_10_57_39_Pro.jpg WP_20190108_10_58_22_Pro.jpgWP_20190108_10_58_29_Pro.jpg WP_20190108_10_59_41_Pro.jpg

... the muppets managed to drag it another two miles, before, I'd guess, the tyres let go, going down a 'proper hill' ..
I'd surmise the tail started wagging the dog, dog dived into the verge and hedge, rolled and yon box detached itself, passed 'em and came to a halt facing the way it'd come from LOL ....upright !!
I assume the low life scroats must've then torched the Freelander, lying on its side and buggered off ... hedge is well ****ed !!!!!!!

FB reported sighting at around seven this morning of said truck burnt to a crisp, Pam passed it about 09.00, broadside in the road, with the 'donkey box' parked neatly in front of it, facing the wrong way and by the time she returned at 10.30 plod had arrived and it was being removed.....Must've burnt out of its own accord, 'cos the brigade hadn't been out to it.

when she returned home and told me about it, I'd looked up the drive to see the box, usually beside the barn, gone and rang the girl who's box it is, to see if she was OK, thinking it might've been her four by on its side .... she was fine ... apart from being one box short ... and so the day has proceeded from there .....
been to MOT the P38 lunchtime, so not been 'involved' any further 'til I got back and we found a gert hole in't back of the barn wall, but sod all missing .... as far as the box's owner could tell, amongst the carnage that passes for her collection of horsey tack

Only disappointment really was no toasted scroats in the Freelander ...... at least the girl'll get her box back ...... eventually, when plod has finished with it!!
  #6944   IP: 81.2.93.37
Old 09-01-2019, 10:13 AM
Elect of Fifteen

Shame they didn't burn the box too, she could have claimed on the insurance!
  #6945   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 09-01-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Shame they didn't burn the box too, she could have claimed on the insurance!
she's not got it insured Alex and with no result from plod (which is the likely outcome), she'd have no one to claim against
.... she's already going to be looking at expense, just to get her box back and then repair all damage
... four tyres minimum, by the sounds of it and probably rims too, plus a hitch as it'll almost certainly have sustained damage coming off the tow vehicle
... was quite a tidy donkey box
.... she does quite a bit for the local horsey rescue organisations, looking after animals, that have been neglected and returning them to health.

she's untidy, but her heart's in the right place and certainly doesn't need this sort of crap
I'll probably end up doing what I can, to help her out
  #6946   IP: 81.2.93.37
Old 09-01-2019, 12:05 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
she's not got it insured Alex and with no result from plod (which is the likely outcome), she'd have no one to claim against
.... she's already going to be looking at expense, just to get her box back and then repair all damage
... four tyres minimum, by the sounds of it and probably rims too, plus a hitch as it'll almost certainly have sustained damage coming off the tow vehicle
... was quite a tidy donkey box
.... she does quite a bit for the local horsey rescue organisations, looking after animals, that have been neglected and returning them to health.

she's untidy, but her heart's in the right place and certainly doesn't need this sort of crap
I'll probably end up doing what I can, to help her out
Bugger. Best get her a decent land anchor for it to be secured to in the future then. Maybe a concrete lump it can be hitched to with a decent steel box to lock shut?
  #6947   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 09-01-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Bugger. Best get her a decent land anchor for it to be secured to in the future then. Maybe a concrete lump it can be hitched to with a decent steel box to lock shut?
it's normally got a wheel clamp each side ..... but with the brakes seized on, she hadn't bothered to fit them

IMHDO, they'd come down the drive intent on liberating the barn owners Ifors from the barn, which is why they'd tried to bolt crop their way in, failed and then attacked the big six sheets on the back wall.......but they weren't in there
so the donkey box was a 'consolation prize' ..... fkn muppets must've struggled to wrestle it onto their Freelander. let alone drag it as far as they did

Time to sleep with the 12 bore more accessible ..... wish I still had my SPAS 12
  #6948   IP: 81.2.93.37
Old 09-01-2019, 12:43 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
it's normally got a wheel clamp each side ..... but with the brakes seized on, she hadn't bothered to fit them

IMHDO, they'd come down the drive intent on liberating the barn owners Ifors from the barn, which is why they'd tried to bolt crop their way in, failed and then attacked the big six sheets on the back wall.......but they weren't in there
so the donkey box was a 'consolation prize' ..... fkn muppets must've struggled to wrestle it onto their Freelander. let alone drag it as far as they did

Time to sleep with the 12 bore more accessible ..... wish I still had my SPAS 12
I'm surprised the freelander was able to drag it with seized brakes. They normally struggle to drag the skin off a rice pudding...
  #6949   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 09-01-2019, 09:33 PM

Quote:
I'm surprised the freelander was able to drag it with seized brakes. They normally struggle to drag the skin off a rice pudding...
they must've given it some death on the top half of our drive ..... 'Kin steep with a capital F ...... I'm amazed they got as far as they did !!!!!!!

... having gotten it on there and made such a racket (I'd guess) , I doubt they wanted to stop and get it off .... if they could ... no jockey wheel and mega-nose heavy

Pieces are starting to come together today ... they had lifted a load of horsey gear out of the barn .... it's being found all over the place here-abouts .... dumped .... the local FB groups are pie hot on this sort of thing .... couple of 'up to no goods' got a serious kicking a few months back when cornered by a few of the local farm boys ... all down to FB intelligence and sightings being reported quickly ..... and they had to walk home after they'd trashed their wheels .... nothing more ever heard from them !!
  #6950   IP: 2.26.43.11
Old 10-01-2019, 09:59 PM
Grand Master Architect

I didn't know this site was still running Graham