The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Useful Technical Info and Reference Documents

#1   IP: 83.105.72.48
Old 19-12-2015, 10:03 AM

Default Hititchi EX-135 manual

Hi, just wondering if anyone has or know where I can get a workshop manual or at least a hydraulic diagram for the above machine. I've got serious issues!!
  #2   IP: 89.243.34.245
Old 19-12-2015, 10:11 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Default Re: Hititchi EX-135 manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12cat View Post
Hi, just wondering if anyone has or know where I can get a workshop manual or at least a hydraulic diagram for the above machine. I've got serious issues!!
Hitachi are usually ok with info. Have you tried them ? What are your issues ?
  #3   IP: 79.79.206.198
Old 19-12-2015, 10:14 AM
Master Elect of Nine

I will check on Monday as work used to have an ex135 and I know I was using the book for it as long as they having binned it
  #4   IP: 83.105.72.48
Old 19-12-2015, 10:35 AM

Hi. No I haven't tried Hitatchi actually. I've had JCB's for years and Gunn, the dealer, are appalling when it comes to info!!

Basically the machine has had a slight fault for a while. A noise like a relief valve bouncing when the machine is under heavy load with high engine RPM. Such as steep tracking or heavy digging. It almost sounded like cavitation but was far worse when the machine was warm. When trying to track up a steep incline the excavator would basically stall and make noise. Throttling right back and trying again would result in the machine tracking fine, even on a very steep slope (which would seem to suggest the pump and track motors are fine). The exact same would happen under heavy digging load.

About 2 weeks ago this developed into the machine loosing all power, then regaining it but one track would run backwards on its own! It also got stuck slewing to the left. Even raising the dead man lever didn't stop it. In fact, even keying it off didn't bring the slew brake into operation and it carries on until it hit a building!

Obviously something has broken up and is jamming valves open. I need to find out what is the most likely candidate. The machine sounds smooth and runs fine at lower rpm but one pump or it's associated valvework is now not producing much pressure. The pump which powers the RH track and bucket crowd.

Long winded I know but it was an odd fault which no one seemed to be able to shed any light on. Unfortunately it has now developed into something far worse, which was bound to happen!
  #5   IP: 89.243.34.245
Old 19-12-2015, 12:56 PM

I would think you have a pump broken up. Trouble is your whole machine now appears to be contaminated. Pull out the tank filters. Who ever was looking at first fault should have pulled filters in the very first place and if debris was found you don't run machine again until it's fixed. You now probably have a massive task on your hands not to mention the cost, whole hydraulic system will need to be stripped and cleaned including rams and motors.
  #6   IP: 86.169.128.201
Old 19-12-2015, 01:14 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Gulp!!!!!! that don't sound like fun Tim