The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Forum Requests

#1   IP: 86.130.165.202
Old 11-07-2015, 04:54 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Default The End

Been nearly 2 months since the "boss" has been on the forum , i know quite a few who are waiting to be approved ( probably given up ) time to hand it over to someone who may have the time perhaps , or let it die a slow lingering death

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #2   IP: 86.170.88.18
Old 11-07-2015, 05:16 PM
Grand Master Architect

Default Re: The End

Agreed dont want it end up like the nearly defunct british farming forum
Nick...
  #3   IP: 86.146.155.83
Old 11-07-2015, 05:33 PM
Grand Master Architect

I have offered to moderate or help once or twice and would even consider a take over if it helped keep members joining as well as help people stay..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #4   IP: 86.131.110.148
Old 11-07-2015, 06:37 PM
Sublime Master Elected

Not really fair on the folk who want to join!!
  #5   IP: 2.103.118.130
Old 11-07-2015, 09:12 PM
Knight of the East

Was only discussing this with Tom (exc@8) a couple of weeks ago,
Now I don't much about running forums but it must cost something let alone time, so for the life of me can't understand what the boss gets out of it,it would be a shame for it to fail there are other machine forums but I for one like it here made a few contacts and friends

We have been here before Julian didn't want any help last time which is a shame because it could be a lot bigger and better if it was ran with someone on the forum more often

Just a question for you all what would you do without this forum? move to another one or does some one on here want to have a go,now my trouble is I like the format of this one and got lots of my pictures on here and members know me..............but something has got to happen as said before it will die which will be a shame but new members not being able to join is a farce...........how can a forum grow without new members

So he's the question what are you going to do about it Julian

If you can't buy it build it
  #6   IP: 81.129.193.246
Old 11-07-2015, 10:13 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4c24a View Post
Been nearly 2 months since the "boss" has been on the forum , i know quite a few who are waiting to be approved ( probably given up ) time to hand it over to someone who may have the time perhaps , or let it die a slow lingering death
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogman View Post
Now I don't much about running forums but it must cost something let alone time, so for the life of me can't understand what the boss gets out of it,it would be a shame for it to fail there are other machine forums but I for one like it here made a few contacts and friends

We have been here before Julian didn't want any help last time which is a shame because it could be a lot bigger and better if it was ran with someone on the forum more often

Just a question for you all what would you do without this forum? move to another one or does some one on here want to have a go,now my trouble is I like the format of this one and got lots of my pictures on here and members know me..............but something has got to happen as said before it will die which will be a shame but new members not being able to join is a farce...........how can a forum grow without new members

Banging yer head against a wall asking that Mog - Like Gra says above - not been on here in 2 months

As has been said ........ it is a great shame
  #7   IP: 213.205.251.241
Old 11-07-2015, 10:14 PM
Grand Master Architect

I messaged the owner today after this post but he is not.selling or changing and has plans

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #8   IP: 96.51.42.67
Old 12-07-2015, 02:04 AM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogman View Post

Well I've been on another forum for a couple years there isn't a lot happening on it as some may know but the owner/moderator takes very good care of it and it's much easier for uploading pictures. If this forum went the way of the 'dodo' it would be a sad loss as I'm on the dry side of the pond so it's not like I can pop over to somebody's house or shop to have a chat.
  #9   IP: 86.130.165.202
Old 12-07-2015, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regy53 View Post
I messaged the owner today after this post but he is not.selling or changing and has plans
Well he needs to hurry up ,fuck knows how many have given up waiting now now

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid
  #10   IP: 90.222.57.193
Old 12-07-2015, 08:27 AM
Knight of the East

cmon julian, just add the new members, it might seem a hassle but we all came here and supported your forum when it was first put up, go on give us a little back and allow new members on so we can watch it grow. lets face it, tpheres not many forums you can leave for two months and it all runs smoothly between us all. in the meantime new wannabe members can still join the ceforum facebook page