The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Forum Requests

#11   IP: 2.97.237.129
Old 12-07-2015, 08:44 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Default Re: The End

It'll take more than new members to revive the forum. Many new members have joined over the years. Where are they now ? I know we've been here before but a simple fix for auto photo resizing would see a dramatic change !! Now just how long have we been asking for this ?
  #12   IP: 188.30.28.139
Old 12-07-2015, 11:29 PM
Master Elect of Nine

I have been catching up with other members on the Facebook page for a while now, its been acouple of month since i last poped in on the forum.
A lot has happened in the last few month, what with being made redundent and going through all the HMRC crap to got self employed.

I would like to spend more time on the forum, just dont seem to find the time at present (11 and 12 hour days) and all.

I just seems so much easyer on the facebook pade then on here.
  #13   IP: 2.97.237.129
Old 13-07-2015, 05:22 AM

Facebook is just a gossip column. There is no easy way of going back to find certain topics. No specific secrions to post up questions or technical information. Ok for daily banter and bullshit but that's about it.
  #14   IP: 31.82.38.241
Old 13-07-2015, 07:01 AM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxcavator. View Post
Facebook is just a gossip column. There is no easy way of going back to find certain topics. No specific secrions to post up questions or technical information. Ok for daily banter and bullshit but that's about it.
Totally agree with you Tim, but I think a link to the Facebook page, Twitter, LinkedIn etc in the top corner or something will bring it up to date and open up a lot more avenues and make it a lot more modern for everyone...as well as sorting the picture thing out which is the biggest problem.
  #15   IP: 31.51.179.93
Old 13-07-2015, 09:39 AM
Prince of Jerusalem

Have to agree, we desperately need an update to incorporate several new avenues of social media along with sorting picture posting.

What's average life expectancy of a forum? SHIRLEY we aint average & I don't want to die so young

HELP!! .... pretty please

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #16   IP: 213.205.251.41
Old 13-07-2015, 10:21 AM

Hi Ol, yes that would be a good step forward. I do use Facebook a little and have a twitter account that I don't use. I just use Facebook for a bit of lighthearted banter.
  #17   IP: 31.82.38.241
Old 13-07-2015, 10:56 AM
Knight of the East

Hi Tim, never had anything to do with Facebook, but do use Twitter purely for the business and that works really well, as Rob said, their are a lot of different social media avenues available to us all now, all with different uses that will suit different needs, so having them all tied up under one roof so to speak, will benefit us all.
  #18   IP: 81.129.193.246
Old 13-07-2015, 11:52 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasRob View Post
Have to agree, we desperately need an update to incorporate several new avenues of social media along with sorting picture posting.

What's average life expectancy of a forum? SHIRLEY we aint average & I don't want to die so young

HELP!! .... pretty please
I agree Rob, it'd be a terrible pity to lose this great meeting place, but it does need updating to take advantage of all the various options and avenues out there!

Just wish TVHC would give us all a hint of his ''Plans'' to give some hope.

As Ianoz said to me the other night ..... as admin. Julian could be in/out/overseeing here 10 times a day and we would not know, as he'd not show up, or need to log into the usual systems.

Perhaps we may be doing the man an injustice and I sincerely hope we are, for the forum's sake, but also for its sake, I wish he'd at least get the new members authorised, as they apply, at the very least.

Waiting months is no good for their morale and certainly doesn't help the current state of affairs.

Come on Julian, at least give us a sign of some hope for the future well being of such a great forum.
You and its members have created a fantastic platform to share and air opinions, knowledge and skills.
Don't allow the lights to get any dimmer
  #19   IP: 86.142.156.146
Old 13-07-2015, 03:19 PM
Knight of the East and West

When it comes to this the running of the forum i don't tend to say much!.. But i think it needs said at the minute! It is becoming run down, and the lack of "leadership" is having an affect big time! The fact that new members can't sign up says it all! This forum could be Massive and the amount of new knowledge would make it one of the biggest online!

I've been on here from very early on, just think of how many members on here were on HEF first and slowly moved here and don't post much on HEF anymore! (myself included) .... The same thing is going to happen here Julian!

I don't know much about running a forum, but i do know it needs upgraded regularly and the first thing that needs sorted is the picture thing! Take the farming forum for eg. you can view it from an app on the phone and post pictures from there to.... simple and easy no fuss and there is always something to see on there cos people can do it in seconds!

I for one have made some very good contacts and friends, on here, and its no secret that i have done some business on here too....... and hope to be doing more in the future!
But i do feel that i offer some good advise when i can, i have had members call me for advice from as far away as Australia from this forum and im only to happy to help when i can...... can't beat a good yarn now and again

Just Checked and its been nearly 2 months since the boss has been now! Of coarse we don't know the situation and he does run a business too....... but maybe it is time to appoint a moderator..... or hand the reins over completely before the forum is gone for good!

Aiden

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #20   IP: 2.97.237.129
Old 13-07-2015, 04:51 PM

The lack of interest is an insult to the foundering members. There are a few long gone but the rest have stayed and Loyally supported this forum. If the steady regulars decided to go it would finished, literally, overnight !!

Last edited by Traxcavator.; 13-07-2015 at 05:07 PM.