The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#7081   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 10-05-2019, 12:10 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

the motivator ..... a good half a tonne of drive unit

got it back in spot

shimmed up/aligned ..... perfectly to 0.5 thou .... do me ... blind man be glad to see that half thou

eventually

buttoning down the hatches ready for a test run

worked a treat, ran like a watch and held vacuum beautifully
just got a car full of tools to unload tomorrow
  #7082   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 15-05-2019, 09:42 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

hopefully ain't going to need these again for a while ... told this week that the machine has never run so, well since they've had it (bought new) and holds serious vacuum ...... result !!

Had Clara here a lot last week and for a sleepover Saturday night ... she loves to stay here .... digger time Saturday, before her tea .... dumper, jake, dumper again then the duck to finish off ... "shut the door grand dad"

Sunday started at 05.27 !!!!! when Clara woke up and started again ...
mental note to self .. put her to bed MUCH later next time -- after ten hours kip she's like the energiser bunny on NOS (nitrous oxide)

Beautiful clear morning here Sunday ....

best one this year I think
  #7083   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 15-05-2019, 09:51 PM

waiting for Clara's dad to arrive to collect her and down the drive comes a strange car ..... and out gets John Jasper ..... used to own and farm Werngounsel in the '70s, before emigrating to Oz in 1980.
he's been here a few times when he's over to see his mum, who's pushing 90 odd ... didn't think he'd be coming again, two years ago .. great to see him again

over with his grand daughter ....... and her hubby!! all feeling the cold, despite it being quite pleasant Sunday.

Sunday afternoon got taken up with some emergency repairs for Alex, who'd found some cracks in his S type hitch, when refitting his newly re-furbished tilty last week

job done and home just in time for tea .. or I'd have been in trubble
  #7084   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 15-05-2019, 10:09 PM

massacred the lawn Sunday evening .. again !! ...

starting to get back into shape at last.... and looks like it's been cut, rather than the so so look it's had so far this year.

Middle of me hamster juice (treatment) Monday morning and Pam says "there's a lorry on the drive" !! .... looked out the window and it's me scrappy, who's been coming to me for decades ...

after seeing me 'plumbed up', said he'd call back later as I had some stuff for him

returned late afternoon, stuck it all on and having a chat ... "have you got a changeover valve kicking about Gra?"

oil pissing out of his diverter valve .... swaps his feed from tip to hiab ...

"'fraid not mate, but can get you one in a few days"

arrived today ..... 3/4" BSP ordered ... 1/2" arrived FFS !!!

their store man needs a course in thread recognition ... never gets it right first time !!

Replacement here tomorrow ... guy on the phone most apologetic ... especially as the size is cast into the body on the valves
  #7085   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 15-05-2019, 10:26 PM

had a real score when this arrived Monday .....

brand new and a quarter of new price .... good old Ebay

Posty interrupted getting the VA-r onto the 'Drema, for some pallet shuffling, with the forks, so's I could get at the edge of the patch that needed the drainage ditch clearing ready for some clean 40mm

left it on for the night, ready for some bucket action Tuesday

#7086   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 15-05-2019, 10:33 PM

digging round corners ..... nightmare without a VA-r !!

meet me new dumper .......

needed to get this lot as close as poss. to where we wanted it, so's the barrowing wasn't too much of a challenge !!

#7087   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 15-05-2019, 10:54 PM

one down .... 'nother one to fill ....

new dumper's not as mobile as they usually are .... and with 70mm pins doesn't fit under the VA-r ... bit of a PITA, when I needed to shift it ....
so gave this a try

worked well ...

and relocated it a treat ..... some grip on that jaw !!!

dropped the VA-r off for the second time and .... no 2 en route .......

even if I could pick up the 7 footer with the VA-r .... a tonne of bucket and half a tonne of VA-r would be pushing it a bit, where it was going and not really enough room to get it all down in there !!!
  #7088   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 15-05-2019, 11:03 PM

as usual the co-pilot was 'in residence' ..... another PITA when you want to move .. have to make sure I know where he is ... daft enough to lie under my wheels ... getting old, love him and losing the plot a bit !!

trundled down to the closest point to its destination for a further 'unload'

and dropped it in ready for the hard part .....

15 barrows in that second load .... thirty in total yesterday .... broke a bit of a sweat in the afternoon sun !!
  #7089   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 15-05-2019, 11:15 PM

especially sorting this end ....

this edge has pee-ed me off since we've been here ....
was the builders dumping ground ...
last bit to level off and they buried all sorts of crap in there ....

well I use the term buried very loosely ...
sticking out is more like it.

to date i'd had a large barbecue, a barrow body and frame, loads of bits of old sleeper, a bed frame and God knows what else out of there !!

I'd now got it to the stage it was re-fillable .... getting the fill there had been an issue, 'til I'd hit on the 7 foot bucket idea and it's worked well

two bucket loads and Pam had had enough ....

and it was tea time !!

so adjourned for the day ..... after putting it all away .....

but not before the VA-r went back on for the third time, ready for this morning's continuation .....

left his parking plate on for the night .... God knows where i was gonna drop it off first, this morning !!
  #7090   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 15-05-2019, 11:34 PM

rounded the day off after tea with a good burn up .... dead pallets, too rotten to get stuck in the wood shed/firewood pile .....

burnt remarkably well considering how knackered a lot of it was ... now't left this morning !!

no. 3 away .....

and getting there ......

there's another filled 7 footer sat on the patch tonight, ready for tomorrow, but it'll have to wait 'till later in the day .... Pam's off to see Ken & Doug (her elderly cuz,s) in the morning and I'm hoping to go eyeball a milling machine ... in Abergavenny !!
Not exactly what i really want, but is very tidy, well tooled, viewable under power and is 8 miles away ... life's a compromise !!

the channel is coming along nicely ....

now for a load of clean 40mm to fill it back up with, accompanying a cable duct at the back of the channel .... which i mustn't forget to put in first !!!

BUT ..... there's a well stuffed bucket awaiting our attention first .... hopefully the last one !!! ..... 45 barrow loads to date .... circa 3+ tonnes .... plus tomorrow's heaped 7 footer