The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Classifieds

#41   IP: 78.146.176.187
Old 12-09-2017, 08:54 PM
Sublime Master Elected

Default Re: 1.5 ton track

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
TBH Dylan ..... I was looking for tracks prices last year and they were as good as anyone .... do not go ringing round now though just in case
No ringing, no. The tracks were only 140, sprockets 65, rollers 52. Maybe got rollers cheaper! It's the vat that hurts me..
I still try to find these bushes for me truck. Can fine the two for the front but not the ones for the sides
  #42   IP: 86.136.80.22
Old 12-09-2017, 09:11 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerjones View Post
No ringing, no. The tracks were only 140, sprockets 65, rollers 52. Maybe got rollers cheaper! It's the vat that hurts me..
I still try to find these bushes for me truck. Can fine the two for the front but not the ones for the sides
Do you mean the drop links or the bushes?

Have you tried Nissan dealer?
  #43   IP: 78.146.176.187
Old 12-09-2017, 09:26 PM
Sublime Master Elected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
Do you mean the drop links or the bushes?

Have you tried Nissan dealer?
This is the problem I don't know what the things are called. I'm guessing the bar across the front is called an anti roll bar,
  #44   IP: 78.146.176.187
Old 12-09-2017, 09:29 PM
Sublime Master Elected

On the pictures, I can find the bushes for the two front one's, it's where the bar goes back to attach on the axle
  #45   IP: 86.136.80.22
Old 12-09-2017, 09:39 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Well the anti roll bar is the bit you've identified already, big feck off bar!.., it goes through those clamps and in the clamps are the 'bushes', and the bits at the end are called 'drop links' or 'anti roll bar links' looking at the pic, it's basically a bolt, with a set of small rubber bushes in between special washers, and a tube spacer in the middle. It's a very similar setup to a V46 shogun rear anti roll bar, but I suspect a bigger bolt, looking at the pic.

If you go into your local dealer and ask for a price on the parts, I'm sure they will show you a pic of the various components so that you can visually identify them.

What does the mot advisory actually say?
  #46   IP: 78.146.176.187
Old 12-09-2017, 09:50 PM
Sublime Master Elected

Not sure what the adviser said. It possibly said just the front one's. But thanks for the input, I'm getting closer. Not sure there's owt left in the coffers sinse refurbing the digger with two new tracks
  #47   IP: 86.136.80.22
Old 12-09-2017, 10:34 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Not sure what the adviser said. It possibly said just the front one's. But thanks for the input, I'm getting closer. Not sure there's owt left in the coffers sinse refurbing the digger with two new tracks
Those parts really should not break the bank! They are simple, and should be low cost items......

I've not had that model cabstar, so I can't comment on how much or where to get those specific parts. But my first port of call would be the main dealer, and go from there, it's easy to spend ages searching for aftermarket parts, when the genuine article was not that expensive
They had several different suspension setups on those cabstar E's, which may be why you are struggling with aftermarket parts.
  #48   IP: 81.129.192.19
Old 12-09-2017, 10:35 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
sound pretty reasonable prices to me Dylan .... lot of work in the rollers and can see why they are the price they are

You anti roll bar will have flattened ends at the wish bones, sandwiched between rubber top hat washers and steel washers .... that pic looks to be OK from what I can see of it.

The carrier bushes holding it to the chassis look to be the D type, enclosed in the clamp to the chassis and are the usual suspects to wear.
Not a difficult job to replace, as long as the clamp bolts co-operate and come undone ..... the Ds are very similar set up to Land rover fronts.
  #49   IP: 176.24.253.11
Old 13-09-2017, 10:29 AM
Elect of Fifteen

get your advisory and know what you need then go to a local motor factors all they need is your number plate and should be able to supply what you need there only about 15 quid each,had the same on my dyna last mot and need to sort them before next mot in december
  #50   IP: 79.75.76.56
Old 13-09-2017, 08:21 PM
Sublime Master Elected

Well found the. Bushes for the front after talking to every main dealer in parish, .then rung garage to get mot advisies, it's the back ones .
So start again. Thanks everyone for your input