The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Non-Industry Chat

#1   IP: 90.208.153.200
Old 19-10-2014, 11:45 PM
Provost and Judge

Default hot lunch???

This is gona be a strange topic but I've been looking recently for a container of some shape form or fashion that you can put a hot lunch into and keep it warm . I've googled it stupid and come up with nothing really only thing comes close is a thing called lunch bot but its kinda small only holds 500ml of stuff, but then I came across a video on YouTube of a guy working a Volvo ec140c and basically it was a video of his working day. He was from Norway Or Sweden somewhere like that when it got to lunch time it showed him with a stainless steel looking container that when he opened it the steam rose from it and looked to contain some sort of pasta stuff . I know this is a strange one but alot stranger has been asked and a solution found for it on here. Anyways rambling over basically I'd like to hear your thoughts opinions on this topic because I do a lot of work miles from the nearest shops cafe hot food counters and a hot lunch is always nice. Would love to hear from frank (bucket on wheels) in particular.

Jordan
  #2   IP: 81.135.131.186
Old 20-10-2014, 12:34 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: hot lunch???

Quote:
Originally Posted by big jordy View Post
This is gona be a strange topic but I've been looking recently for a container of some shape form or fashion that you can put a hot lunch into and keep it warm . I've googled it stupid and come up with nothing really only thing comes close is a thing called lunch bot but its kinda small only holds 500ml of stuff, but then I came across a video on YouTube of a guy working a Volvo ec140c and basically it was a video of his working day. He was from Norway Or Sweden somewhere like that when it got to lunch time it showed him with a stainless steel looking container that when he opened it the steam rose from it and looked to contain some sort of pasta stuff . I know this is a strange one but alot stranger has been asked and a solution found for it on here. Anyways rambling over basically I'd like to hear your thoughts opinions on this topic because I do a lot of work miles from the nearest shops cafe hot food counters and a hot lunch is always nice. Would love to hear from frank (bucket on wheels) in particular.

Jordan
I've got a thermos pot which is about 5" dia internally and the lid's the same sort of dia.
IIRC it's about 8" tall.
Guessing it'd hold over a litre, 'praps more and'd be ideal for pasta, stew, casserole/cassoulet, etc. and the like.
I'll see if I can find it and get some details off it, but haven't used it in a long time.
I'll ask Mrs D if she knows where it is and hopefully get you a pic too.
  #3   IP: 82.132.214.207
Old 20-10-2014, 07:24 AM
Provost and Judge

Druid that sounds exactly what im after im sure a litre capacity would be more than enough to feed even me haha. Roughly how long would it keep the grub warm? And do you know if its still avaliable?

Jordan
  #4   IP: 46.33.141.223
Old 20-10-2014, 08:33 AM
Grand Master Architect

Get yourself 2 x 500ml ones- one for lunch, one for pudding

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thermos-Ev...item43d01864fb

Cracking idea, I'm gonna have myself a couple.
  #5   IP: 92.14.184.161
Old 20-10-2014, 09:24 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Or try these ... http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...l_4y9s5a06d8_b
  #6   IP: 86.154.199.171
Old 20-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Prince of Jerusalem

Little Gas hob, a frying pan, some bacon, eggs sausages perhaps....

Other option is some tinfoil, and stick the requested meal on the Hydraulic pump few hours simmering and it is nice and warm for lunch...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #7   IP: 82.132.214.207
Old 20-10-2014, 10:04 AM
Provost and Judge

Dobbin that had occured to me just to get 2 lol haha and trax i have my trusty stanley flask i jus dont think them stanley food jars would have a wide enough opening for my spoon haha and dont tempt me jd id do that but too much of a carry in the morning haha

Jordan
  #8   IP: 176.253.206.241
Old 20-10-2014, 11:08 AM
Knight of the East

i,was going to mention the fat little stanley flask

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#9   IP: 176.253.206.241
Old 20-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Knight of the East

one of these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/RoadPro-12-V...-/231360358222

#10   IP: 5.64.110.69
Old 20-10-2014, 04:02 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Actually, wrap a pie in tin foil and place it on the exhaust manifold in the morning, a non frozen pie will be ready for brew time and a frozen one will be ready for dinner (the northern dinner at 1pm)

I've been doing that for years.