Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Non-Industry Chat

#1   IP: 92.28.255.210
Old 23-11-2017, 09:29 PM
Provost and Judge

Default P.s 2

Is it me or what
Just saw an Ad for "call of duty" On some computer game
When the fuck did ww2 become a game?
Perhaps some of the "gamers" ought to get on a beach and let someone shoot machineguns at them while their gamer mates are getting blown up by land mines and cut in halves by shrapnel and loosing limbs and eyes and other parts of their anatomy.
Listen Dick heads ,Game over was game over!Play again doesn't happen.
The Knobs who invent these game need a good kick in the arse and learn to respect and be grateful for the sacrifices REAL SOLDIERS made so they can live the priverliged lives they have

Respect
One pissed off digger driver!
  #2   IP: 86.165.39.116
Old 23-11-2017, 11:35 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Default Re: P.s 2

To be honest, my view for a long time is as long as the creators of the game pay there respects and do the situation justice in terms of the history and horrors of war, it's no bad thing to have such games floating about.... At least it is teaching something about the past that really must never be forgotten!

If it tells the story and passes on the memories and more importantly the respect for those that did lay there lives out then it's no bad thing.... from what I've been told there is a lot of historical accuracy being played out in that particular game.

Just my two penneth.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #3   IP: 5.254.163.144
Old 24-11-2017, 09:39 AM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by robex 210 View Post
Is it me or what
Just saw an Ad for "call of duty" On some computer game
When the fuck did ww2 become a game?
Perhaps some of the "gamers" ought to get on a beach and let someone shoot machineguns at them while their gamer mates are getting blown up by land mines and cut in halves by shrapnel and loosing limbs and eyes and other parts of their anatomy.
Listen Dick heads ,Game over was game over!Play again doesn't happen.
The Knobs who invent these game need a good kick in the arse and learn to respect and be grateful for the sacrifices REAL SOLDIERS made so they can live the priverliged lives they have

Respect
One pissed off digger driver!
You're about fifteen years too late, mate
  #4   IP: 82.30.1.218
Old 24-11-2017, 11:15 AM
Grand Master Architect

It is surely no different than people recreating movies about it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #5   IP: 94.5.253.238
Old 24-11-2017, 08:29 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Its not the games that pisses me off its the BBC and all lefty leaning tw ats that's keeps saying that it was not the Germans who bombed our fish and chip shop as Stan Broadman use to say but the NAZIS nothing to do with the lovely kind gentle peace loving Germans

Last edited by bob; 24-11-2017 at 08:43 PM.
  #6   IP: 86.165.39.116
Old 24-11-2017, 10:51 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
but the NAZIS nothing to do with the lovely kind gentle peace loving Germans
Thing that all countries/people need to remember is to embrace and remember there heritage both good and bad. The moment people try to forget or ignore the past failings of others because it's not convenient/nice/subscribing to there way of thinking.

Racism, Genocides etc etc.... soon as people start to forget they happen again

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #7   IP: 92.28.255.210
Old 25-11-2017, 11:01 AM
Provost and Judge

Quote:
Its not the games that pisses me off its the BBC and all lefty leaning tw ats that's keeps saying that it was not the Germans who bombed our fish and chip shop as Stan Broadman use to say but the NAZIS nothing to do with the lovely kind gentle peace loving Germans
totaly agree with that Bob.
Wife is half german and her family suffered at the hands of the Nazi's!
  #8   IP: 92.28.255.210
Old 25-11-2017, 11:15 AM
Provost and Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
To be honest, my view for a long time is as long as the creators of the game pay there respects and do the situation justice in terms of the history and horrors of war, it's no bad thing to have such games floating about.... At least it is teaching something about the past that really must never be forgotten!

If it tells the story and passes on the memories and more importantly the respect for those that did lay there lives out then it's no bad thing.... from what I've been told there is a lot of historical accuracy being played out in that particular game.

Just my two penneth.
Haven't got a problem with the history and learnig about it, it's just the fact it's a game.
Learn the real history,re-create the situation then see who's having fun.
I'm not a killjoy,I just don't think it's very respectful.
What will be next.U.Boat captain ,sinking convoys and scoreing points by tonnage sunk.What about the poor souls drowned in the icey waters,with their lungs filling with oil and diesel while the sea around them burns.
somethings should just not be (in my opinion)disrespected and made fun !!!
  #9   IP: 92.28.255.210
Old 25-11-2017, 11:17 AM
Provost and Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobin View Post
You're about fifteen years too late, mate
And?
Whats wrong with that?
Just expressing an opinion
  #10   IP: 86.136.8.243
Old 25-11-2017, 11:19 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by robex 210 View Post
totaly agree with that Bob.
Wife is half german and her family suffered at the hands of the Nazi's!
I have to agree .... I have several German friends and they're all 'embarrassed' by what was done in the name of Germans and Germany, by that megalomaniac and his minority of 'nutters' in control. The Nazis were a 'breed' unto themselves complete, utter, total nutters