The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Non-Industry Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11   IP: 143.159.245.31
Old 09-08-2018, 05:58 PM
modelman093's Avatar
modelman093 modelman093 is offline
Elect of Fifteen
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Romney Marsh, Kent
Posts: 518
Default Re: the 'demise' of common sense

Slightly off topic but here are my two grandchildren in a play park near their holiday home in Germany. Would never happen here - far too dangerous!
In another playpark, lots of water, pumps, flumes and waterwheels. The six-year-old fascinated by a hand-cranked Archimedes screw pump.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6942 (2).jpg (77.9 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 0210ca49-58f0-41c0-85d0-31558acf156e.jpg (100.3 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by modelman093; 09-08-2018 at 06:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12   IP: 109.153.114.21
Old 09-08-2018, 08:06 PM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 15,031
Default Re: the 'demise' of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman093 View Post
Slightly off topic but here are my two grandchildren in a play park near their holiday home in Germany. Would never happen here - far too dangerous!
In another playpark, lots of water, pumps, flumes and waterwheels. The six-year-old fascinated by a hand-cranked Archimedes screw pump.
far from it Angus ..... only dangerous here due to the total lack of common sense and non existent self preservation instincts
Looks like a great place to spend time
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #13   IP: 92.26.109.22
Old 09-08-2018, 09:53 PM
tinydigger's Avatar
tinydigger tinydigger is offline
Master Elect of Nine
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: the flat lands of norfolk
Posts: 493
Default Re: the 'demise' of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman093 View Post
Slightly off topic but here are my two grandchildren in a play park near their holiday home in Germany. Would never happen here - far too dangerous!
In another playpark, lots of water, pumps, flumes and waterwheels. The six-year-old fascinated by a hand-cranked Archimedes screw pump.
I have to say I dont know about children enjoying it i think you would struggle to get me off it love the mini tower crane
__________________
making big stuff look small since 1980
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #14   IP: 109.153.114.21
Old 09-08-2018, 10:35 PM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 15,031
Default Re: the 'demise' of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydigger View Post
I have to say I dont know about children enjoying it i think you would struggle to get me off it love the mini tower crane
my thoughts too Andy ..... form an orderly queue .... behind my left shoulder
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #15   IP: 92.24.179.156
Old 11-08-2018, 10:50 PM
robex 210 robex 210 is offline
Provost and Judge
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: suffolk
Posts: 258
Default Re: the 'demise' of common sense

Common sense may be gone but not forgotten
I secretly practice the now dark art
I severly repremanded a youth recently for leaving his empty beer can on a neighbors wall
The battle cry of "pick you kin rubbish up and stick it in the bin you tired rekcuf"
was all the persuasion he needed to become a model citizen.
Common sense prevailed!
Victory for common sense
The threat of having the can anally inserted may have swung the balance in common senses favour a bit
Reply With Quote
  #16   IP: 5.64.89.18
Old 11-08-2018, 11:42 PM
topkit topkit is offline
Perfect Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Kent
Posts: 108
Default Re: the 'demise' of common sense

What a great place to play and learn, i spent my childhood out on a bike, goint to the building sites watching the machinery getting to sit in all types of diggers and never having any kind of accident, i hated being stuck indoors if it was raining so i had a model building site in the shed funily enough with an old Joustra electric tower crane, common sense does not prevail nowadays because of the Leftie Nanny state that we have to put up with.
Reply With Quote
  #17   IP: 86.148.5.217
Old 11-08-2018, 11:53 PM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 15,031
Default Re: the 'demise' of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by robex 210 View Post
Common sense may be gone but not forgotten
I secretly practice the now dark art
I severly repremanded a youth recently for leaving his empty beer can on a neighbors wall
The battle cry of "pick you kin rubbish up and stick it in the bin you tired rekcuf"
was all the persuasion he needed to become a model citizen.
Common sense prevailed!
Victory for common sense
The threat of having the can anally inserted may have swung the balance in common senses favour a bit
LOL .... good on you .... maybe he might remember the experience .... or just look around next time, to make sure no one is about to shove it up his a*se
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #18   IP: 86.148.5.217
Old 11-08-2018, 11:57 PM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 15,031
Default Re: the 'demise' of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by topkit View Post
What a great place to play and learn, i spent my childhood out on a bike, goint to the building sites watching the machinery getting to sit in all types of diggers and never having any kind of accident, i hated being stuck indoors if it was raining so i had a model building site in the shed funily enough with an old Joustra electric tower crane, common sense does not prevail nowadays because of the Leftie Nanny state that we have to put up with.
exactly my point ..... I too was never indoors, unless it was lashing down and still the same !!

never got hurt/injured/hospitalised, as I had enough sense to realise WTF was gonna hurt and what wouldn't

Seems to have rubbed off and stayed with me ....
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #19   IP: 178.110.56.215
Old 12-08-2018, 07:35 AM
komatsu's Avatar
komatsu komatsu is offline
Knight of the East
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: york
Posts: 3,039
Default Re: the 'demise' of common sense

The problem nowadays, before the PC brigade would stop you from playing there, would be all the needles, vandalism and graffiti that would be there today, and thatís only if anything of value hadnít been nicked.
__________________
If you've got the muck,We've got the duck
Reply With Quote
  #20   IP: 86.148.5.217
Old 12-08-2018, 11:47 AM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 15,031
Default Re: the 'demise' of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by komatsu View Post
The problem nowadays, before the PC brigade would stop you from playing there, would be all the needles, vandalism and graffiti that would be there today, and thatís only if anything of value hadnít been nicked.
regrettably Ollie, the streets are no longer safe for our kids .... even the savvy ones, to venture out on their own

A very sad testament to the way things are
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Partner Links



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.