The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Non-Industry Chat

#11   IP: 143.159.245.31
Old 09-08-2018, 05:58 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Default Re: the 'demise' of common sense

Slightly off topic but here are my two grandchildren in a play park near their holiday home in Germany. Would never happen here - far too dangerous!
In another playpark, lots of water, pumps, flumes and waterwheels. The six-year-old fascinated by a hand-cranked Archimedes screw pump.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6942 (2).jpg (77.9 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 0210ca49-58f0-41c0-85d0-31558acf156e.jpg (100.3 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by modelman093; 09-08-2018 at 06:03 PM.
  #12   IP: 109.153.114.21
Old 09-08-2018, 08:06 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman093 View Post
Slightly off topic but here are my two grandchildren in a play park near their holiday home in Germany. Would never happen here - far too dangerous!
In another playpark, lots of water, pumps, flumes and waterwheels. The six-year-old fascinated by a hand-cranked Archimedes screw pump.
far from it Angus ..... only dangerous here due to the total lack of common sense and non existent self preservation instincts
Looks like a great place to spend time
  #13   IP: 92.26.109.22
Old 09-08-2018, 09:53 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman093 View Post
I have to say I dont know about children enjoying it i think you would struggle to get me off it love the mini tower crane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #14   IP: 109.153.114.21
Old 09-08-2018, 10:35 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydigger View Post
I have to say I dont know about children enjoying it i think you would struggle to get me off it love the mini tower crane
my thoughts too Andy ..... form an orderly queue .... behind my left shoulder
  #15   IP: 92.24.179.156
Old 11-08-2018, 10:50 PM
Provost and Judge

Common sense may be gone but not forgotten
I secretly practice the now dark art
I severly repremanded a youth recently for leaving his empty beer can on a neighbors wall
The battle cry of "pick you kin rubbish up and stick it in the bin you tired rekcuf"
was all the persuasion he needed to become a model citizen.
Common sense prevailed!
Victory for common sense
The threat of having the can anally inserted may have swung the balance in common senses favour a bit
  #16   IP: 5.64.89.18
Old 11-08-2018, 11:42 PM
Perfect Master

What a great place to play and learn, i spent my childhood out on a bike, goint to the building sites watching the machinery getting to sit in all types of diggers and never having any kind of accident, i hated being stuck indoors if it was raining so i had a model building site in the shed funily enough with an old Joustra electric tower crane, common sense does not prevail nowadays because of the Leftie Nanny state that we have to put up with.
  #17   IP: 86.148.5.217
Old 11-08-2018, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robex 210 View Post
Common sense may be gone but not forgotten
I secretly practice the now dark art
I severly repremanded a youth recently for leaving his empty beer can on a neighbors wall
The battle cry of "pick you kin rubbish up and stick it in the bin you tired rekcuf"
was all the persuasion he needed to become a model citizen.
Common sense prevailed!
Victory for common sense
The threat of having the can anally inserted may have swung the balance in common senses favour a bit
LOL .... good on you .... maybe he might remember the experience .... or just look around next time, to make sure no one is about to shove it up his a*se
  #18   IP: 86.148.5.217
Old 11-08-2018, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topkit View Post
What a great place to play and learn, i spent my childhood out on a bike, goint to the building sites watching the machinery getting to sit in all types of diggers and never having any kind of accident, i hated being stuck indoors if it was raining so i had a model building site in the shed funily enough with an old Joustra electric tower crane, common sense does not prevail nowadays because of the Leftie Nanny state that we have to put up with.
exactly my point ..... I too was never indoors, unless it was lashing down and still the same !!

never got hurt/injured/hospitalised, as I had enough sense to realise WTF was gonna hurt and what wouldn't

Seems to have rubbed off and stayed with me ....
  #19   IP: 178.110.56.215
Old 12-08-2018, 07:35 AM
Knight of the East

The problem nowadays, before the PC brigade would stop you from playing there, would be all the needles, vandalism and graffiti that would be there today, and thatís only if anything of value hadnít been nicked.
  #20   IP: 86.148.5.217
Old 12-08-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komatsu View Post
The problem nowadays, before the PC brigade would stop you from playing there, would be all the needles, vandalism and graffiti that would be there today, and thatís only if anything of value hadnít been nicked.
regrettably Ollie, the streets are no longer safe for our kids .... even the savvy ones, to venture out on their own

A very sad testament to the way things are