The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#6811   IP: 81.156.125.209
Old 08-08-2018, 06:53 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Turn your toothed bucket around and faceshovel it get in under layers and roll bucket so teeth lift and loosen
  #6812   IP: 109.153.114.21
Old 08-08-2018, 09:33 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by left hooker View Post
Turn your toothed bucket around and faceshovel it get in under layers and roll bucket so teeth lift and loosen
cheers Stu .... had considered it, but wasn't sure how the hitch'd stick it ... could always put the pin in
  #6813   IP: 109.153.114.21
Old 09-08-2018, 08:55 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

busy day yesterday .....

decided to take the 6" off the rock bed that was left .... and came off pretty well .... would not have wanted to do it all though !!! Took a while to get it down !

all tracked in and leveled off on the 'way out' with the last pass.

ready for some serious rolling down ..... which I'd be doing tomorrow, if I didn't have to go to Cardiff for another bloody scan ... 14:15 appointment for a 10 minute DEXA ..... local boys got a 3.8t 1200 ride on sat in their yard ATM .. could've had it in the morning!!!!!! Forecast is peeing down Friday night / Saturday morning ... and on / off the rest of the week too ....... BUGGER !!
  #6814   IP: 109.153.114.21
Old 10-08-2018, 01:12 AM

this may well be the last load of stone, to contribute to me neighbour's 'road building' rock pile ......

... he's had a decent contribution from me ... and's like a pig in poo with it all !!

load count may go up a few more with a bit more soil still to shift off the last bit of bank

then get the field all squared up and leveled off again
  #6815   IP: 178.110.56.215
Old 10-08-2018, 06:48 AM
Knight of the East

That’s a nice tidy job.
  #6816   IP: 109.153.114.21
Old 10-08-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komatsu View Post
That’s a nice tidy job.
Thank you Ollie, comments like that, from 'the professionals', makes the time spent even more worthwhile

Get it rolled down hard, trim where needed, if it needs any, get 6"+ of planings on it, rolled down hard, blended in with the existing, with some 40mm round the edge and I'll be well happy with it.

I'll pull the drainage channel where necessary, once it's been rolled and have a.n.other drain to connect the other end up to, heading down to me system, by the black shed.

Will be nice to have a lot more space to spread out into and get the jumble, all crammed in, ATM, sorted properly .....

If the stone wall guy'd get his arse into gear and turn up, I've got 23 pallets of stone that'd not be in the way, once they're all 'stood up' in front of the retaining wall. THEN I'd have some space
Oh and another 8 pallets of rock that got ripped out, to do summat with too .. either used or sold off.

'tis a bit tight for space in places ......

Last edited by V8Druid; 10-08-2018 at 10:16 AM. Reason: punctuation
  #6817   IP: 178.110.56.215
Old 10-08-2018, 11:37 AM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Thank you Ollie, comments like that, from 'the professionals', makes the time spent even more worthwhile
Don’t know about that😬, it’s all smoke and mirrors, trust me. Looks like your going to have a lot more room now, even though you could always do with, just a bit more.....on a side note, when I log into this forum now, it’s all done off facial recognition??, thought you could only do that if the thing you were logging into was up to date with the stuff needed to except it??
  #6818   IP: 109.153.114.21
Old 10-08-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komatsu View Post
Don’t know about that��, it’s all smoke and mirrors, trust me. Looks like your going to have a lot more room now, even though you could always do with, just a bit more.....on a side note, when I log into this forum now, it’s all done off facial recognition??, thought you could only do that if the thing you were logging into was up to date with the stuff needed to except it??
LOL .... what do you think me burning bin is for .... couple of oily rags and plenty of smoke about

As for room .....Oh yeh

Your facial recognition thing is probably your phone remembering all your passwords for you .....
Julian's not been in here in some time " Last Activity: 20-11-2017 10:06 AM "
  #6819   IP: 109.147.111.74
Old 11-08-2018, 12:00 AM

so .... peeing down this morning !!!! 2.15 appointment ..... 75 or 90 mile round trip depending on route ..... Friday traffic is always shit so 12.15 departure - in case!! .... in the Dept. of Physical medicine by 1.30 .... amazing, considering the traffic ..... even more amazing - - I am the only one there !!!

Sat waiting for 20 min.s and got called in ... nice and early. Back in the car and en route home by 2.15 .... result !!

despite horrendous traffic and some old biddy doing 28 mph, that I just could not get past for 4 miles, I was drinking a coffee at home at 3.15.
always a 'quick run' on me own !! No funny whining noises from the passenger seat .... LOL

day knacked, so thought I'd tackle a job I've been less than enthusiastic to sort for a while ... was 'in the mood' ..... repair me roller ... again !!

been on the bench for months awaiting my attention !!

Had it in bits in about 30 minutes ... know me way around it now ....

'the lumpy bit' wasn't as heavy as I recall it being, the last time I humped it off !! Must be getting fitter again .... LOL .... older for sure !

As I thought .. one of the drive bobbins had worked loose and wrecked its hole .... and wrecked all the other bobbins as well.

a 'fix' was required ...

Bloody casting number exactly where I wanted to park the mag drill ..... so that had to go!!

BIG centre drill soon had centre re-orientated ...

14mm broach ......
....soon had a nice tapping hole for an M16 stud.

which was duly created/fitted and peened in place ..
  #6820   IP: 109.147.111.74
Old 11-08-2018, 12:09 AM

at which point the bell tolled ....... for tea !!

back to it ..... didn't recall it looking this 'busy' when I left it ???

8.5mm for an M10 later ......

and job did ... six new bobbins and drives fitted, that I'd invested in, from the roller's makers, this time .... over 10 quid each .... they had better be ****ing good !!!

and the drive train re-assembled .......