The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Events

#1   IP: 86.139.113.208
Old 24-05-2017, 10:55 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default chuff chuff time in Druid-ville

http://www.abergavennysteamrally.co.uk/

usually a good weekend ..... if only to see the big boys trying to haul everything out the quagmire on a Monday evening

the last few years have been pee-ed on, on the Mondays.

Forecast this year is awesome, wall to wall blue sky, so could be a real good weekend.
A hell of a lot of stuff to see, aside from the steamers. Huge collection of vintage bikes, cars and equipment. As the website says, it is smack bang in the middle of the town, in the park .... which is big ..... so yer's not a captive audience for food / drink / etc. and plenty of pubs/eateries in strolling distance.

If you're close enough, it's a good day out. If anyone does fancy it we can have a meet up if yer's like ... PM me for a phone no.

Local guy Henri ..... out causing a traffic jam ....... I've made a few bits for this old girl over the years
  #2   IP: 92.40.248.186
Old 25-05-2017, 10:09 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Default Re: chuff chuff time in Druid-ville

First one for us this weekend to Graham, Launceston steam and vintage rally.
Start of the season with many more to come, finalising at Dorset.
Roll on summer shows, we also have wall to wall blue sky's forecast.
  #3   IP: 31.51.59.62
Old 26-05-2017, 12:24 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by delbouy View Post
First one for us this weekend to Graham, Launceston steam and vintage rally.
Start of the season with many more to come, finalising at Dorset.
Roll on summer shows, we also have wall to wall blue sky's forecast.
Aye we try to get to a few through the summer .... Welland's our 'biggy' really ..... GDSF one day Del

Our rally used to be on a different weekend, that didn't clash with anything, but they moved it a few years ago and knackered it a little ...
mostly for stall holders .. 'tain't what it was
  #4   IP: 1.120.136.59
Old 26-05-2017, 12:30 AM
Knight of the East

I am off to a combined Tractor truck and air show this weekend .Blue sky at present ,but forecasting showers for saturday . Hope the show there goes well .
  #5   IP: 31.51.59.62
Old 26-05-2017, 12:38 AM

cheers Ian ..... it's usually a good turn out in spite of the usually atrocious weather, on one day, or the other ..... been a long time since they had two dry days

Have fun at yours .... sounds like it is going to be a goody, from our earlier conversations
  #6   IP: 92.40.248.54
Old 26-05-2017, 09:16 PM
Master Elect of Nine

We keep saying we want to go to Wellan but unfortunately it the same weekend as Baconnic steam rally down in Cornwall.
That's one I personally will not miss just the same as Dorset.
We used to go to Honiton hill rally as well, but since Dorset have changed there dates so as to keep the families with kids happy, it now covers the Bank holiday Monday, which is the auction day at Honiton so they are missing out on a lot of people that used to go to said auction.
There was talk about Honiton moving to the weekend before, but being stubborn and not doing so has lost them quite a few people that will not miss out on there Dorset week.

We did come back a day earlier last year to see about Honiton, but they have moved the show ground up the road to a nearby air field, and to say it was a crap show now would be an understatement.
From what I'd heard when we where there, we weren't the only ones that thought the same thing.
Won't be bothering with that one again.
  #7   IP: 81.2.93.37
Old 27-05-2017, 06:47 PM
Master Elect of Nine

We had this lot through the other weekend. They were doing a road run to celebrate one of their friend's brithdays. I guess when you get to their age, it becomes something you celebrate again!

2017-05-13 14.12.44 (Large).jpg
  #8   IP: 31.51.59.62
Old 27-05-2017, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberprog View Post
We had this lot through the other weekend. They were doing a road run to celebrate one of their friend's brithdays. I guess when you get to their age, it becomes something you celebrate again!

Attachment 28510
Aye ... 'spose so ...... I'm still at the best ignored (but be thankful) stage

Nice engines
  #9   IP: 81.2.93.37
Old 28-05-2017, 12:39 AM
Master Elect of Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Aye ... 'spose so ...... I'm still at the best ignored (but be thankful) stage

Nice engines
They were indeed.

I might make it to that steam show on Monday, shall see how the missus is and the weather!
  #10   IP: 31.51.59.62
Old 28-05-2017, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberprog View Post
They were indeed.

I might make it to that steam show on Monday, shall see how the missus is and the weather!
well if it's anything like today ......... or tomorrow's forecast ...... bring yer waders and your camera ..... for some of the 'exits'