The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Innovations and New Technology

#1   IP: 31.185.213.116
Old 30-07-2017, 11:01 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Default Is this the future?

Excavator operating drone style.
http://www.hard-line.com/excavator-teleremote-control/#
Just get machine delivered to site and you can operate it from the comfort of your own home. Set it up with EC Oil and have the fuel bowser call by and you are away.
No living on the road, no 5 point PPE, no dirt, grease, shit. Get rid of a lot of the health and safety worries if no-one on most of the site.
Looking at the videos with semi autonomous haul trucks. A couple of people could run a massive operation.
Once we get self driving trucks as well I'll just sit at home.
I think maybe the comments about working on Mars may be a little premature, but in theory why not.
Graham
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0126.jpg (12.2 KB, 50 views)
  #2   IP: 31.49.234.59
Old 30-07-2017, 11:03 PM
Knight of the East

Default Re: Is this the future?

I'd rather lick a 240V plug tbh....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
To Be Continued.....
  #3   IP: 31.185.213.116
Old 31-07-2017, 09:12 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
That was similar to my first thoughts, but it's not for the interesting jobs. More the bulk earth moving or mining in the middle of nowhere. Reputedly it is extremely difficult to get enough good people to live in shit conditions in the outback or dangerous places in Africa these days even with massive wages. This would solve a lot of that.
Ideal for the computer game generation!
Graham
  #4   IP: 81.158.72.221
Old 31-07-2017, 01:08 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams View Post
That was similar to my first thoughts, but it's not for the interesting jobs. More the bulk earth moving or mining in the middle of nowhere. Reputedly it is extremely difficult to get enough good people to live in shit conditions in the outback or dangerous places in Africa these days even with massive wages. This would solve a lot of that.
Ideal for the computer game generation!
Graham
Make no mistake boys the era of the robot is coming sooner than you think! And thats not some scifi bullshit, robots will be used alot more in the next 4-5 years.

And no I'm not still drunk

I'm talking about a purely labour saving point of view. Stilled labour is at an all time low..... unskilled labour is at a low also! No one wants to work
Engineering is a massive business around here, I live in an area where something like 80% of the worlds crushing and screening equipment are built! all within 20 mile radius of me! Not to mention the trailer and agri equipment manufacturers as well as the structural steel guys and all the other suppliers to these industries, rams etc.

No one wants to work now!! simple! everyone around here says the same, was speaking with one guy and we were walking around his factory and he said watch this! One person didn't even try to look busy as he walked by
There are a few firms around here with robot welders already and i'm hearing talk of them going to be used for loading lathes, folders etc!

The problem being as i said no one wants to work! The robot wont refuss to work im sure

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #5   IP: 31.52.94.221
Old 31-07-2017, 03:25 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cps140 View Post
Make no mistake boys the era of the robot is coming sooner than you think! And thats not some scifi bullshit, robots will be used alot more in the next 4-5 years.

And no I'm not still drunk

I'm talking about a purely labour saving point of view. Stilled labour is at an all time low..... unskilled labour is at a low also! No one wants to work
Engineering is a massive business around here, I live in an area where something like 80% of the worlds crushing and screening equipment are built! all within 20 mile radius of me! Not to mention the trailer and agri equipment manufacturers as well as the structural steel guys and all the other suppliers to these industries, rams etc.

No one wants to work now!! simple! everyone around here says the same, was speaking with one guy and we were walking around his factory and he said watch this! One person didn't even try to look busy as he walked by
There are a few firms around here with robot welders already and i'm hearing talk of them going to be used for loading lathes, folders etc!

The problem being as i said no one wants to work! The robot wont refuss to work im sure
sad ...... but very true Aiden ..... 10 years ago I struggled ... hard ... to find anyone who wanted to work, let alone have the skill sets I was after.
I know from friends who are still in it, that it's a hell of a lot worse ...
and that's without all the shit that's been dropped on the industry in that time . CE for instance ... you'll know all about that

With the right investment, one could get quite wealthy ... in a lot less time, than relying on Manuel Labori to do stuff for you .... and no complaints, tea breaks, holidays, shift rates, need I go on .... they are without doubt the future ... for a lot of things, but there will always be a need for highly skilled labour, if only to repair and maintain the damned things .... and THEY are going to get equally/proportionately wealthy, selling their skills .. it has got to happen.
  #6   IP: 92.28.196.177
Old 31-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Grand Master Architect

Having a robot drive your machinery is surely getting the easy work made even easier. What would make me sit up would be a robot which can take care of the hand digging in the corners and round services. Maybe put together your drainage or other manual work??
  #7   IP: 86.187.160.16
Old 01-08-2017, 10:24 PM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Technically speaking I think you'd be fine licking a plug???? But maybe not the wall socket it fours into???? Made me laugh thoserious note,yeah there's autonomous dumpers n driverless cars,but as has been pointed out,whose going to be earning to buy the things they produce????big co's aren't going down this route for the good of mankind it's to shave a few percent off their costs,bit of tole puddlism required methinks,spanner in the works n all that!
  #8   IP: 109.148.86.193
Old 06-08-2017, 06:47 PM
Secret Master

I've seen a Universal income mentioned when talking about an increasingly automated society, but haven't bothered to look into it or pay much attention to it, not going to happen any time soon.