The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Events

#1   IP: 217.44.142.56
Old 20-08-2016, 02:43 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default anyone going ?????

https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/a...ontent=catlink
  #2   IP: 92.20.248.171
Old 20-08-2016, 05:02 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Default Re: anyone going ?????

must be clearing some cash to support there new lifting division lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #3   IP: 217.44.142.56
Old 20-08-2016, 07:01 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydigger View Post
must be clearing some cash to support there new lifting division lol
?????? ..... Hewden have been into lifting for a good many years Andy ... I've hired a few big uns off 'em for awkward jobs.
  #4   IP: 92.20.248.171
Old 20-08-2016, 07:43 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
?????? ..... Hewden have been into lifting for a good many years Andy ... I've hired a few big uns off 'em for awkward jobs.
they are going back in to the smaller side of it for the builder and diy market took a few fitters and managers off my lot to set it up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #5   IP: 217.44.142.56
Old 20-08-2016, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydigger View Post
they are going back in to the smaller side of it for the builder and diy market took a few fitters and managers off my lot to set it up
interesting? ..... they couldn't make the sub 80 tonner fleet pay .... 'spose they think the 'new' era of contract lifting and second man'll be a better earner? was always so cut throat, there was no way to make any bucks with new gear
  #6   IP: 213.205.198.106
Old 20-08-2016, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
interesting? ..... they couldn't make the sub 80 tonner fleet pay .... 'spose they think the 'new' era of contract lifting and second man'll be a better earner? was always so cut throat, there was no way to make any bucks with new gear
Perhaps they're hoping another big player is on the way out Thing is Kings, Marsh, M&M and Bronzeshield will probably pick up the work. Sparrows are even seen in our area again !

Last edited by Traxcavator.; 20-08-2016 at 08:39 PM.
  #7   IP: 217.44.142.56
Old 20-08-2016, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxcavator. View Post
Perhaps they're hoping another big player is on the way out
tricky Dicky's not really into the lil' stuff either Tim Make their money in the 150t+ market ..... but do ... or at least did (?) have a sub 80 fleet? .... yer never know
  #8   IP: 213.205.198.106
Old 20-08-2016, 09:17 PM

Fella round corner from me runs an all terrain 30 or 50 tonne Grove think it's an RT50. Crane is like new and he makes a damn good living out of it. Never met a better operator. Top class.
  #9   IP: 217.44.142.56
Old 21-08-2016, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxcavator. View Post
Fella round corner from me runs an all terrain 30 or 50 tonne Grove think it's an RT50. Crane is like new and he makes a damn good living out of it. Never met a better operator. Top class.
I'm sure he does .... the small operator generally can, as they will be so much more flexible and obliging than the fleet co. ever can be ..... that's a big cap. m/c for a 'one man band', but compact enough to put out as a much 'smaller' unit ..... win/win and cleans up pretty well I'd imagine

Russel, the fella who did my boxes for me, does very nicely thank you, with his and is always busy ..... I used to put a lot of work his way, when I knocked all mine on the head .... just got fed up with all the paperwork, hassle and costs, of 'em all.

Last edited by V8Druid; 21-08-2016 at 12:41 AM.