The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Innovations and New Technology

#1   IP: 2.2.101.86
Old 15-01-2017, 06:48 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Default Wash off Bay experience

How does everyone deal with washing machinery off back at yards in this age of environmental awareness .... I would like to put one in at the new yard but hardly dare ask
  #2   IP: 31.49.234.221
Old 15-01-2017, 07:03 PM
Knight of the East

Default Re: Wash off Bay experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by furniss480 View Post
How does everyone deal with washing machinery off back at yards in this age of environmental awareness .... I would like to put one in at the new yard but hardly dare ask
I am currently waiting for the E.A to remove the waste transfer license from my yard then I am going to shamelessly copy Trax's system.

Three chambers. Water/Shit/Oil mix goes into first chamber... heavy stuff sinks in a sump, oil and water pass through a pipe that is at surface/inlet level. leaving the mud and crap behind. Next chamber the water filters down to a pipe in the bottom, whilst the oil floats on top.

Final chamber traps any remaining silt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #3   IP: 85.255.237.209
Old 15-01-2017, 08:01 PM
Intimate Secretary

Depends what your dealing with just oil or chemicals bio beds can deal with anything
Just a concrete pad with a speedbump cast round it then everything goes out through one drain no leakage
  #4   IP: 2.2.101.86
Old 15-01-2017, 10:48 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
I am currently waiting for the E.A to remove the waste transfer license from my yard then I am going to shamelessly copy Trax's system.

Three chambers. Water/Shit/Oil mix goes into first chamber... heavy stuff sinks in a sump, oil and water pass through a pipe that is at surface/inlet level. leaving the mud and crap behind. Next chamber the water filters down to a pipe in the bottom, whilst the oil floats on top.

Sounds a proper job that !

I will be looking to do something along those lines - with a basket or something in the first to lift mud/gravel out in... or sized so a mini can clean it out.
  #5   IP: 31.49.234.221
Old 15-01-2017, 10:57 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by furniss480 View Post
Sounds a proper job that !

I will be looking to do something along those lines - with a basket or something in the first to lift mud/gravel out in... or sized so a mini can clean it out.
Make it so a Mini can clean it out. Tim's had a steel Bucket originally apparently but alas the silt would always pack under it and around it. Roadsweeper was the boy for cleaning it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #6   IP: 86.139.115.77
Old 15-01-2017, 11:34 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post

standard wash off 3 chamber interceptor set up Rory .... can get 'em pre-fabbed/formed and just bury 'em.
had one in my yard and worked well

IIRC this has been discussed on here before some where .... just looked ...

http://www.ceforum.co.uk/showthread....tor#post105973 ...... post #632 with some links to build design
  #7   IP: 31.185.213.2
Old 16-01-2017, 08:57 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

The main thing with interceptors seems to be making them easy to clean. If it is a difficult/expensive job you will be tempted to leave it a bit longer and before you know it there will be problems.
Graham
  #8   IP: 176.35.105.255
Old 16-01-2017, 07:47 PM
Secret Master

We have a 14m x 8m concrete pad with falls to a 1.5m x 2.5m by 1.5m deep catch pit in the centre with a outlet to a fibreglass 3 chamber separater. The grating on the catch pit we just lift off and dig out the silt with a digger, it works well for us.
  #9   IP: 2.14.151.123
Old 16-01-2017, 08:02 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by volbar1 View Post
We have a 14m x 8m concrete pad with falls to a 1.5m x 2.5m by 1.5m deep catch pit in the centre with a outlet to a fibreglass 3 chamber separater. The grating on the catch pit we just lift off and dig out the silt with a digger, it works well for us.
Cheers for the info - sorted.