The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#21   IP: 81.147.126.199
Old 25-04-2015, 03:48 PM
Knight of the East and West

Default Re: JCB 86c-1 TAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4c24a View Post
sadly the dealings over the last year with the 3cx , i wish you good luck , as i would not waste my time or money on the brand , absolutely shocking what they think is acceptable
It's sad to hear that you have been unfairly treated. I can never understand why big companies think they can fob off the one man band type customers, one sale among millions won't make a difference kinda view. Do they think we don't talk? How many of your close friends have you told about your dealings with JCB, and how many peolple have they also told ect ect, let alone what you've posted on here, doesn't take long for bad news to travel , a few Chinese whispers along the way and it could make a huge difference to them. But that's all beside the point, it morally wrong, if you treated a customer in the same manner you would soon be out of work. It's all a bit depressing really.

I have chosen to give them a chance, this new model made me want a JCB again, but before that I was unsure if I wanted to buy another. I hope they don't dissapoint me, they probably won't care if they do. But I think attitudes may be changing , but you never really know until you test the waters.

James
  #22   IP: 86.154.143.24
Old 25-04-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
It's sad to hear that you have been unfairly treated. I can never understand why big companies think they can fob off the one man band type customers, one sale among millions won't make a difference kinda view. Do they think we don't talk? How many of your close friends have you told about your dealings with JCB, and how many peolple have they also told ect ect, let alone what you've posted on here, doesn't take long for bad news to travel , a few Chinese whispers along the way and it could make a huge difference to them. But that's all beside the point, it morally wrong, if you treated a customer in the same manner you would soon be out of work. It's all a bit depressing really.

I have chosen to give them a chance, this new model made me want a JCB again, but before that I was unsure if I wanted to buy another. I hope they don't dissapoint me, they probably won't care if they do. But I think attitudes may be changing , but you never really know until you test the waters.

James
Congratulations James on your new purchase. The two piece boom and tracks really set this machine off nicely. Like most on here I'm very keen to hear the on going reports of how well this new JCB reincarnation will fare.

Got to admit I think your brave to take JCB on. I'm really hoping for your sake more than JCB's that this will be a machine which will change peoples perceptions and more importantly serve you well.

I'm in the process of changing machines myself and I am 99% sure I'll be leaving the Hitachi stable due to having been treated appallingly by Hitachi despite having been a great ambassador for them over the years. Loyalty doesn't seem to mean very much these days. Yes many enthusiasts on here on the forum may well be one man bands and don't get taken seriously by the big manufactures but small drops in the pond can make big ripples!

Surprised your weight of the 86C-1 is nearer 10 tonnes. The VA and steels add another tonne plus then?

What width are those pads, look like 700mm if I'm guessing? Do you know what's the max pad she will take with out mods?

Wishing you every success with the JCB.

John
  #23   IP: 86.174.115.48
Old 25-04-2015, 06:02 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

i am no one man band , this is a multi million pound company i work for , who spent over 15 million on plant last year alone , and i believe the company has sent an official letter of complaint to HQ , this is a brand new replacement clam for the 4-1 ,it has done no work , backhoe pins are the same and they say the wear is acceptable

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ni27if5h07..._0344.MP4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cu2xadwtrp..._0345.MP4?dl=0

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #24   IP: 81.147.126.199
Old 25-04-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotplant View Post
Congratulations James on your new purchase. The two piece boom and tracks really set this machine off nicely. Like most on here I'm very keen to hear the on going reports of how well this new JCB reincarnation will fare.

Got to admit I think your brave to take JCB on. I'm really hoping for your sake more than JCB's that this will be a machine which will change peoples perceptions and more importantly serve you well.

I'm in the process of changing machines myself and I am 99% sure I'll be leaving the Hitachi stable due to having been treated appallingly by Hitachi despite having been a great ambassador for them over the years. Loyalty doesn't seem to mean very much these days. Yes many enthusiasts on here on the forum may well be one man bands and don't get taken seriously by the big manufactures but small drops in the pond can make big ripples!

Surprised your weight of the 86C-1 is nearer 10 tonnes. The VA and steels add another tonne plus then?

What width are those pads, look like 700mm if I'm guessing? Do you know what's the max pad she will take with out mods?

Wishing you every success with the JCB.

John
Thanks John

Do you mean "take a JCB on" or actually take on JCB? don't think I'd have the time for that!

For many reasons, most that I have forgotten as it was so long ago, I felt the JCB was best for me. There are many plus points to these new models, although if the age old problems plague them then their merits will be lost in the fog.

I was surprised as you when I saw the vin plate and it said "Operating weight 9850 tonnes" can't remember the exact figure but it's around that sort of lump. I did do the sums when I was buying it but I can't remember it adding up to so much. Stick a bit of mud on the track frame and a big bucket and it will be over the 10 tonne mark. The tracks clearly are heavier than rubber , the boom is heavier obviously and it's also carrying the extra counterweight that comes with the boom, this, as far as I can see is the same as is fitted on the 100c 10 tonne model. I will get some better pics of it all round to show this. Incidentally from the specs I was given with this boom it will outreach the new 10 tonner, and I was also told the VA wasn't available on the 100c.

Sorry to hear you've had your day with hitachi, I must admit I suspected something was afoot when I spotted your machine for sale. Didn't mention it as you had not spoken of it but I suppose you've let the cat out of the bag now

The pads are 600mm, the widest that come from JCB, unless you get into talks with them on the subject I suppose, I didnt. My thinking was be a good machine on the 600s and I can always bolt on a wider set of pads to the original chains.

Scope for wide pads with no mods is good, I haven't had a tape on it yet but I will post up what I think is possible when I do. My original measurements were from a machine on rubber, and it somehow looks like even more room with the steels on, so I will confirm another time.

James
  #25   IP: 81.147.126.199
Old 25-04-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
i am no one man band , this is a multi million pound company i work for , who spent over 15 million on plant last year alone , and i believe the company has sent an official letter of complaint to HQ , this is a brand new replacement clam for the 4-1 ,it has done no work , backhoe pins are the same and they say the wear is acceptable

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ni27if5h07..._0344.MP4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cu2xadwtrp..._0345.MP4?dl=0
Sorry , no offence intended. I'm not completely clear on your circumstances and I was making a generalisation rather than commenting on your situation, sorry if it came across wrong. You don't get to hear of the big companies wranglings with manufacturers as much as the smalle ones, I suppose owner ops and the like are more inclined to tell everyone of their woes.
If your company spent even a fraction of that sum on JCBs then they should be listening and doing all they can to ease the pain. But I don't think it should make a difference if you've purchased one machine or one hundred .
Do you think some of the dealers have a strong enough voice to sort these issues? Is it good or bad that the dealers are franchised,would we get a better service if the dealerships were inhouse?
Our orders and dealings are with the dealers and not JCB directly, I know this is the same with most other brands but could the service be better offered by a network run by JCB?

Last edited by Shovelhands; 25-04-2015 at 06:51 PM.
  #26   IP: 80.44.200.197
Old 25-04-2015, 07:27 PM
Knight of the East

what a smart machine big hands hope it serves you well, takes a big step to buy a new machine let alone a newly developed one

as for the VA boom very good choice great reach in a compact package

just looked a grahams video of his 4 in 1 ram pins.............shocking even the captive part of the pin is worn

If you can't buy it build it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #27   IP: 86.174.115.48
Old 25-04-2015, 07:38 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogman View Post
what a smart machine big hands hope it serves you well, takes a big step to buy a new machine let alone a newly developed one

as for the VA boom very good choice great reach in a compact package

just looked a grahams video of his 4 in 1 ram pins.............shocking even the captive part of the pin is worn
no offence taken shovelhands

yes mog and that is brand new out of the box been away for two months and that is the end result , more worrying is the backhoe pins and bushes / captive holes are the same , they claim its acceptable wear , about 300 hrs worth of digging with it

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid
  #28   IP: 86.154.143.24
Old 25-04-2015, 07:47 PM

Here's a decent walk round the JCB 86C-1 video.

There's no way I could go more than 10 hrs without pumping some grease in those pins never mind 500hrs! Hope there not be the same quality as the 3CX as in Graham's video!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUnolUWsL9I

John
  #29   IP: 80.44.200.197
Old 25-04-2015, 07:49 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
no offence taken shovelhands

yes mog and that is brand new out of the box
That is ridiculous have JCB done away with quality control

If you can't buy it build it
  #30   IP: 81.147.126.199
Old 25-04-2015, 08:59 PM

I also watched your vids of those pins Gra, not good viewing! Ive got a JCB that's 26 years old with less wear in some of the pins than in that 3cx. WTF are they playing at, I can't remember who it is but isn't there at least one other person on here with similar issues on a 3cx?

Some of there acceptable tolerances leave a lot to be desired on some components. I had an inner boom changed on a 539-95 Telehandler that was outside of tolerance , but it took a visit from a factory rep to get it sorted and I'm sure I had the dealer , more to the point the fitter, to thank for getting it sorted. They could have easily told me within tolerance and I would have just had to lump it I suppose.

John I don't think I will be testing the viability of the 500hr grease system there's one item you won't get feedback on ! I couldn't bare it, a JCB demo rep was telling me all about this wonderful concept of 500hr greasing and the fantastic bushes they'd used to achieve it, after our chat I think he maybe agreed with me that it was a bad idea

Tags
jcb 86c, jcb 86c-1 tab