The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Innovations and New Technology

#61   IP: 85.164.185.32
Old 30-06-2015, 06:47 PM

Default Re: New invention to roll off/hook lift containers, your judgement please

Finally I managed to post some videos of it online, you can find them here if you are interested. http://www.jack-pack.as/videos.html
  #62   IP: 85.164.187.197
Old 05-09-2015, 10:09 PM

Default Re: New invention to roll off/hook lift containers, your judgement please

Is there anybody in here who are familiar with the hook lift system? There is a lot of container pick-up hook heights on the market today. My question is: what is the standard hook height for the containers in your country? Is it standarised to one specific hight or is there multiple heights going in the same market?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
adds versatility to the hook lift container system.

Last edited by Harrys; 05-09-2015 at 10:21 PM.
  #63   IP: 109.147.201.11
Old 12-09-2015, 12:57 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrys View Post
....... My question is: what is the standard hook height for the containers in your country? Is it standarised to one specific hight or is there multiple heights going in the same market?
Sorry, I cannot answer you question for sure but would assume that there is a standard height for the lift bar else the whole concept of container usage falls apart.
Trays have the bar up on a frame, 40yd bins have it down from the top, I guess its within a given height tolerance of a few 100mm.

Having watched your videos I have to say what a brilliant idea and fair play for taking the idea forward.

My main concern is that container manufacturers are not going to change their designs to incorporate the connection you need.
I may be wrong but guessing there are hundreds of thousands of hook lift bins & trays around the world you need to incorporate a connection to them, including a foot / legs in your (manual) unit rather than on the bin/tray you are intending to move / lift.

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #64   IP: 85.164.187.197
Old 12-09-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasRob View Post
Sorry, I cannot answer you question for sure but would assume that there is a standard height for the lift bar else the whole concept of container usage falls apart.
Trays have the bar up on a frame, 40yd bins have it down from the top, I guess its within a given height tolerance of a few 100mm.

Having watched your videos I have to say what a brilliant idea and fair play for taking the idea forward.

My main concern is that container manufacturers are not going to change their designs to incorporate the connection you need.
I may be wrong but guessing there are hundreds of thousands of hook lift bins & trays around the world you need to incorporate a connection to them, including a foot / legs in your (manual) unit rather than on the bin/tray you are intending to move / lift.
There are multiple lift heights on the market, here in Norway to my knowledge we use only 1450 mm and this is whats called "the Swedish standard". There is also a German standard of 1570 mm on the world market, but I have never seen it here in Norway. In the US there are both Swedish and German standard and even more, but I'm not sure if they use multiple hook heights within the same district or state. For the UK I think you are using 1570 mm, but I'm not sure. Maybe you have multiple hook heights in the UK also as in the US.

Regarding containers it is my thought that the connection points are adapted to new containers as customers order new, something that happens on a regular basis in the industry. By doing it that way there will not be any significant additional costs for adapting them. It would not be necessary to have this on everyone, but perhaps 10% to begin with for those who want to invest in this new niche market which is now available.

Regarding the leg stands, we could have implemented them on the unit. Its a great idea we will look into. The only thing I'm afraid of is that it has to grow for this to happend. Right now it is a very neat and compact unit and we like to keep it compact.

#65   IP: 81.158.90.127
Old 12-09-2015, 06:43 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

I'll measure the bin up the yard for you this week to give you an idea of it Harry.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #66   IP: 85.164.187.197
Old 12-09-2015, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
I'll measure the bin up the yard for you this week to give you an idea of it Harry.
Thanks, that would be nice

#67   IP: 109.147.201.11
Old 12-09-2015, 10:06 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrys View Post
There are multiple lift heights on the market, ............. we use only 1450 mm ................ also a German standard of 1570 mm on the world market, ................. For the UK I think you are using 1570 mm, but I'm not sure..
Different heights but as I suspected less than couple hundred millimetres between them if your info is correct.

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

#68   IP: 85.164.173.56
Old 30-08-2019, 07:34 PM

New design, more features. What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqpI3jJlMyw

Tags
hook lift, roll off