The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Vintage & Classic Equipment

#91   IP: 68.13.172.210
Old 26-04-2011, 02:56 AM
Secret Master

Default Re: TD 15C, IH & Dresser.

Most (not every bit) of the oil, antifeeze, transmission fluid and the gas tanks are drained and recycled before the cars ever get sent out into the public yard.
Brake master cylinders, power steering pumps, clutch slave reservoirs, and washer tanks were supposed to be drained too..but we were short handed due to management not wanting to hire additional help so we pretty much blew the underhood stuff off the last 3 months I was there...cleaning the trash out and cutting out batteries was time consuming enough not to mention all the other tasks I mentioned...and doing my 'real" job too!
I hate GM cars and late model Chryslers with the batteries hidden in the wheel well...GM cars with braces over the batteries and up to 6 bolts holding the damn things in....and you'd think the mfg'rs would standardize the damn hold down bolt sizes..but NOOooo...Ford uses a dinky little cheap ass 8mm bolt for theirs.
Trouble shooting a Ford is easy..they circle the problem for you! LOL!!!
Doing all that manual labor I wasn't hired to do is one of the major reasons I got the hell out of there..I didn't want to become a laborer at age 48!
Not saying I'm too good for it...not really in good enough shape to want to do that 5-6 days a week.. My hands still hurt from cutting wire....

Alan

Last edited by Alan627b; 26-04-2011 at 02:59 AM.
  #92   IP: 99.245.252.165
Old 02-07-2011, 02:45 AM
Secret Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza of oz View Post
Yep someone who cleans up the yard ? sawbench looks like a VW ,Not I know but you wanted a guess .
================================================== =======
that would be called a goat .............. or a bunch of them
  #93   IP: 171.159.48.4
Old 08-12-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxcavator. View Post
The oldest dozer I acquired from J Clubb, a company from Dartford in Kent. The undercarriage is not too good but she runs and drives pretty well.
Clubbs were going to scrap her, i did have to hand over some cash.
The newer Dresser was in good running order having only clocked up 6000 odd hrs. She came to us along with a coal blade which had been constructed on to the original semi U blade. I cut all the extra off and low and behold fresh new paint, well not so new but untouched on two thirds of the mould board was unused.
We had a problem with reverse clutch pack and so took out the transmission.
IH spares availability in this country is pretty bad and so it got left. Now i have the clearing up the yard bug and the dresser engine is running like a new engine, sound new anyway..... i have decided to see if i can get the trans parts.
Bert and JD we also have five Caterpillar dozers and four Komatsus'.
Traxcavator, was wondering if you still have this machine and know the serial no.? Im researching J Clubb and know that they had three TD-15C one of which was serial no.715. I'm trying to establish what the serial of the other two were.
  #94   IP: 5.254.163.144
Old 08-12-2017, 01:24 PM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lr1990 View Post
Traxcavator, was wondering if you still have this machine and know the serial no.? Im researching J Clubb and know that they had three TD-15C one of which was serial no.715. I'm trying to establish what the serial of the other two were.
I'm sorry to say that dear Trax is no longer with us, along with a wealth of information