The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Useful Technical Info and Reference Documents

#11   IP: 31.48.79.220
Old 24-08-2014, 02:22 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Default Re: CPCS theory answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
That's a shame, Although it shows someone from CPCS is obviously watching.....
Probably simply a case of somebody doing a Google for CPCS Theory answers and finding us

As for the lifting add on, afraid I have to say I agree with it.

Far too many machines get used for lifting when they are not suppose to and far too many lads with insufficient understanding of the dangers involved in lifting with anything let alone an excavator get put upon by supervisors because its got a lifting lug! so DO IT!!!.

For guys like myself with check valves, load charts, overload warning device and time spent on cranes or Ollie who paid a lot of money for a Prolec to make himself fully compliant, find ourselves on site alongside men and machines who have not got the experience or the required gear, doing the same job which puts workers at risk.

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #12   IP: 31.48.79.220
Old 24-08-2014, 02:28 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Heres an example, think I will be ok with just one, maybe 2, 3, 4 ...........26

Just teasing

What needs to be inspected on a quick hitch coupler if attaching lifting accessories for the lifting of slung loads?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #13   IP: 86.112.66.108
Old 25-08-2014, 11:07 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasRob View Post

For guys like myself with check valves, load charts, overload warning device and time spent on cranes or Ollie who paid a lot of money for a Prolec to make himself fully compliant, find ourselves on site alongside men and machines who have not got the experience or the required gear, doing the same job which puts workers at risk.
My zx 180 has boom check valves a lift chart and an VERY overly sensitive overload warning device that can go off with out a bucket on lol

Looking at my lift chart it will pick up 9 ton in tight to the tracks and 3 ton right up and out

Quote:
Heres an example, think I will be ok with just one, maybe 2, 3, 4 ...........26

Just teasing

What needs to be inspected on a quick hitch coupler if attaching lifting accessories for the lifting of slung loads?
I'm guessing at the state of the coupler and lifting eye and the Swl of the hitch I know my zx 180 is rated for 12t

Last edited by left hooker; 25-08-2014 at 11:10 AM.
  #14   IP: 31.48.79.220
Old 25-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by left hooker View Post
I'm guessing at the state of the coupler and lifting eye and the Swl of the hitch I know my zx 180 is rated for 12t
I agree. My answer is:

That the coupler has a certified attachment point !

#15   IP: 86.112.66.108
Old 25-08-2014, 11:37 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
I agree. My answer is:

Had a a4 piece of paper showing the conformity my hitch and showing the model mine is are tested to 24tons
  #16   IP: 81.135.128.222
Old 27-08-2014, 01:14 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
I agree. My answer is:

That it's:-
'in test',
has been inspected by a competent person within the last 6 months,
is registered in a visual inspection log as having been so inspected, (a copy of which should be available for inspection with the machine)
colour coded
and
is included in a 6 monthly inspection regime for all lifting equipment under the care of xxxxxxxx? (owner/operator/contractor/whoever is responsible, in accordance with the provisions of the H & S at work act 1974 and /or S1. 1019 of the OSIOS, Health and Welfare reg.s and the LOLER reg.s 1998 no. 2307) !!

Light blue touch paper and retire to a safe distance - Mars or possibly Mercury!!
  #17   IP: 81.135.128.222
Old 27-08-2014, 01:17 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Nighty nite!!
  #18   IP: 81.135.131.252
Old 28-08-2014, 10:27 PM

Don't think this'd be construed as a safe lift????????

Gonna want a visit from a chippy to sort the door at the very least!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg interesting slinging job.jpg (88.6 KB, 28 views)
  #19   IP: 86.173.243.207
Old 29-08-2014, 08:47 AM

Hmm i need to do mine soon ,i have just done the H&S touch screen test and renewed my CSCS skilled worker card

so as i read it i will need to do 360 and the forward tipping dumper ,the 360 should cover for the 180 ,what sort of things do they ask or where can you find the questions ,via PM if needed

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid
  #20   IP: 31.120.36.223
Old 29-08-2014, 10:22 AM
Prince of Jerusalem

Gra, my understanding is there are no printed questions or answers available other than by illicit means.
That said, go to CITB website, click renew card and reading through you will find "module matcher" or some such similar link. By putting in what you have it tells you which modules you need to take.
Then download the information / fact sheets for those modules.
By reading and understand ( so I'm led to believe) you will then have the necessary info to answer the module questions.

Opinion is divided on ease, some say simple, some say failed twice probably depends on whether you read question and understand it correctly.
Eg
Tracked shovel / dozer module.

In reference to a towed roller. What is last thing you do before removing towing pin?

Many say, shutdown machine, isolate etc, etc, but if you've read the fact sheet it clearly talks about the need to chock a towed roller to prevent it rolling as they have no independent brakes.
In theory if your about to pull pin, you've already made the machine safe as your now out of it.
Seems reading the questions carefully is very important.