The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Situations Vacant / Post your CV

#1   IP: 88.97.10.166
Old 01-08-2011, 06:04 PM

Default Just for people to look at my CV and give work on points or recommended me to others

Hi just going to put my CV on here ive taking my address etc off but if any wants to get in touch with me just PM me but I would like peoples honest opinion about it whether it would be good enough to get potential employers to give me a chance. I do realise it doesn't have any construction industry in it apart from my qualifications that i have obtained this is due to lack of experience but I will do literally anything to get my foot in the door, but I believe that it tells people what type of worker and person I am (I hope anyways) and its a brief overview of my military career. I don't mind if its bad comments thats why Im wanting people to give there honest opinion (constructive criticism i like to call it). I'll be wanting to start work as a articulated dumper operator or tele handler 360 operator late october preferably in the north east of england because that is when I will be released from the army.

An energetic, committed, professional and self disciplined team leader with 8 years experience in managing up to 30 personnel. Maintain and drove military vehicles within the British Army. Accustomed to working in high pressure environments within the UK and aboard and able to stay calm throughout. Has good communication skills and is an effective leader and problem solver.

Skills and Experience

Trusted team leader with a track record of motivating and developing junior team members through delegation and leading by example.
Proven to meet strict deadlines with constant determination to achieve objectives.
Accomplished at maintenance and driving of vehicles whether being tracked or wheeled throughout Europe and UK.

Career Experience

HM Forces 2007-2012

Team Leader/Instructor

Planned, organised and administrated a team of 8 personnel over a period of 5 years.
Assessed individuals on ability for suitability for promotional courses.
Trained and re-trained personnel weapon systems.
Tested personnel on weapon system on a pass or fail basis for safety.
Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of a warrior. Also supervise 9 personnel and their equipment within the vehicle.
Ensured that Heath and Safety is adhered to when on training exercises and when maintenance was taking place on vehicles this includes correct personal protective equipment is enforced.
Overall commander in charge of the security of a military establishment with 8 personnel under my supervision.
Would often step up into my supervisors role and supervise up to 30 personnel.

Team Member 2003-2007

Developed driving skills on all terrain and conditions throughout Europe and UK.
Maintained the warrior armoured personnel carrier as well as drive.
Supported other members of the team throughout arduous conditions.

Key Achievements

2007-2012

Had to complete the infantry section commanders battle course in order to be a fully qualified and competent leader through difficult conditions. As onerous that it was, I was able to show competencies in leadership, dedication, will power, commitment, flexibility and decision making. Also getting taught in stepping up into my superiors role in case of the absence. Thus doing this was able to gain a NVQ level 2 in team leading and was able to lead and manage my peers on operations and throughout training periods.
Was put on a skill at arms course where had to complete in order to teach or re-teach other personnel on various weapon systems and military tactics. This also involves being taught safety when organising firing ranges and exercises. Was tested on each subject and passed. Now able to teach military personnel run firing ranges and exercises. With completing this course and section commanders battle course I was able to promote to Corporal.
Had to deploy to Canada on training and had to drive and maintain an armoured personnel carrier called a warrior which has a value in excess of 1 million, in conditions where spare parts extremely sparse. So had to really give the vehicle the most undue attention to detail to maintain its full effectiveness throughout the one month exercise. In doing this was able to keep the vehicle fully functional and battle worthy.
Deployed on 6 month operational tour in Iraq where there was 7 personnel in my command. I had to look after the well being of my personnel whether it being administrational purposes or personal as well as help maintain security in a very hostile environment. This resulted in a safe return of all personnel.

2003-2007

Promotional course had came up and had to complete and pass to be able to promote to Lance Corporal. This involves being taught how to administrate 7 personnel in combat and on operations. This would involve ensuring that every person in the section had enough ammunition, water, food, batteries and other vital equipment to help aid in carrying out any task. Also got taught on how to become a section second in command. Once completed got promoted to Lance Corporal and took up the role of a section second in command.
Wanted to join the army at the age of 16 for wanted to become a professional team leader and team player. To do this I joined the Army Foundation College where I complete a modern apprenticeship in information technology and passed all infantry basic training. This ending me up being a fully qualified infantry soldier.

Education and Vocational Qualifications

Intermediate Modern Apprenticeship in Engineering Level 2.
Intermediate Modern Apprenticeship in Information Technology Level 2.
City and Guilds NVQ Level 2 in Engineering Maintenance and Installation.
City and Guild NVQ Level 2 Information Technology.
Level 2 in all 6 Key Skills including Application of Number and Communication.
Institute of Leadership and Management Team Leading Level 2.
Chartered Management Institute NVQ Level 2 Team Leading.
Part One GNVQ Intermediate in Manufacturing Pass
Intermediate GNVQ Information and Communication Technology.
Intermediate GNVQ Art and Design C.
Activities First Aid Level 2.
Full UK licence A, B, B1, B+E, C1, C, C+E, f, h, k, p.
Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC).
Construction Plant Competence Scheme Articulated Dumper Operator A56B.
Construction Plant Competence Scheme Telescopic handler 360 Operator A17D.
Construction Plant Competence Scheme HIAB Operator A36C.

Military Qualifications

Section Commanders Battle Course.
Skill at Arms.
Defence Instructional Techniques.
Defence Survival Evasion Resistance and Extraction

Voluntary

Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award.
  #2   IP: 2.103.43.55
Old 01-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Knight of the East

Default Re: Just for people to look at my CV and give work on points or recommended me to oth

As CVs go it looks very comprhensive to me but to tell the truth I've never written one myself, hope you get a break into the industry but as you've said a bit of experiance goes a long way

again good look with your quest

Paul.

If you can't buy it build it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #3   IP: 58.169.162.85
Old 01-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Knight of the East

Default Re: Just for people to look at my CV and give work on points or recommended me to oth

Well , Seeing none of the poms are saying anything , I will give you my thoughts .

IMPRESSIVE ,

But Could give the impression you over qualifyed for the job .

Depends i guess on who is reading it .,the size of the company etc .If its the owner that reads it , he should be impressed .
If its a Ganger/foreman , they may think , this guys good , Too good , may make me look bad , or be after my job .

I am in Australia , ,been doing what i have done long enough ,that i have never given a resume for a job . . And i guess things a a lot different there than here . Long as you can live up to whats written there .
  #4   IP: 93.96.7.81
Old 01-08-2011, 11:38 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianoz. View Post
Well , Seeing none of the poms are saying anything , I will give you my thoughts .

IMPRESSIVE ,
i wasnt going to reply but if he is gonna knock us pomms (we wernt the criminals in all of this cobber) hahahah then i have to comment now!

very comprehensive resume. does the job, i think being amry background could help in a big way too. good luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#5   IP: 58.169.162.85
Old 02-08-2011, 12:03 AM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Diggers View Post
i wasnt going to reply but if he is gonna knock us pomms (we wernt the criminals in all of this cobber) hahahah then i have to comment now!

very comprehensive resume. does the job, i think being amry background could help in a big way too. good luck
Hey dan , Was not knocking poms But it had been posted for a while , Wheat was online , so i thought i would give him some feedback . With my slow as shit typing ,Moggy had beat me to it by the time i finished .
  #6   IP: 93.96.7.81
Old 02-08-2011, 12:10 AM
Knight of the East

haha im just pulling your leg mate!

#7   IP: 58.169.162.85
Old 02-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Knight of the East

So hows the Reno king going anyhow . Got the missus totally pissed off with no kitchen ETC .
  #8   IP: 88.97.48.149
Old 02-08-2011, 08:12 AM

Thanks a lot i doubt i'm over qualified by a long shot but I see what you mean and i've also heard that CVs are rarely used as well. Someone will have to explain to me the pomms
  #9   IP: 94.197.78.178
Old 02-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Grand Master Architect

Maybe a bit south for you,but R D Kearton at Boldron,Barnard Castle,once told me he liked taking on ex forces,think his fitter at the time was ex-army,they travel all over crushing and plant hire,or used to?Other than that just go through the local yellow pages,make a few calls,think employers are keen on someone with a disciplined background/work ethic,always worth trying to have a chat with people,even if they have nothing just now,bare you in mind for future or ask if they know of any jobs going,good luck!
  #10   IP: 79.82.205.3
Old 03-08-2011, 06:08 AM
Prince of Jerusalem

Welcome wheats

When I left my apprentership I did a week of calling round, Searching Job websites and traveling to local sites, looking presentable - but definetly ready to work.

Only ever was asked for a CV by two firms, the one i'm at now and Careys.

Alot of it you'll find is relient on demand. Careys took me onsite for a interview (despite me being 17 and with ISG pierce's rules on >18's making it unlikely). But they needed a dumper driver there and then.

But out of the ten or so firms I visited/spoke to, 8 have phoned me back with work if I wanted it. so it's worth doing

As you said on your introduction topic, the red card is a disadvantage, but not so much when your older. Keep looking and something will come up, because when push comes to shove they need someone in the seat.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."

Last edited by JD450A; 03-08-2011 at 06:11 AM.