The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#1   IP: 86.135.119.179
Old 03-09-2017, 09:38 PM
Knight of the East and West

Default I-Dig systems 1D and 2D machine control.

Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd post about a new system we are doing now I-DIG systems.
Very effective and simple to use system, that can be fitted to a number of machines. It comes in both 1D and 2D variants.

It really is such a simple system. Using 4 wireless sensors, that are fixed using plates held on with 3m super strong double sided tape (it is very strong and takes alot to remove it) so no drilling or welding needed. The sensors are solar powered and never need charged. They are also clearly marked so as to be fitted in the correct brackets.
A Large touch screen in the cab is used for all aspects of the system, from calibration to setting depths etc. When calibrating it will talk you though every step, telling you how to do each step, if something went wrong and how to change it.
You can then, save the machine (as you can swap between machines) so that you don't have to calibrate it every time, and calibrate each bucket and save these too.
A tilt sensor is also available for use with tilt buckets, hitches and tiltrotators, with a fully tiltrotator version coming soon.

In use you can set target depths and slopes etc, as well as distances. No over or under digging. No need for ground workers checking levels, or people in trenches etc. Where ever your bucket point is at is your ref point, so no need for the dipper to be dead straight etc

https://youtu.be/kb67GDYu1cE

The Touch screen and the eyeline display

Idig.jpgidig1.jpg

The 4 sensors, boom, dipper, bucket and 2D cab sensor

idig2.jpgidig3.jpgidig4.jpgidig5.jpgidig6.jpgidig7.jpg

Any one looking for more info in these systems, please do get in contact. Id be happy to discuss them i more detail and possibly arrange a demo.

Aiden

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #2   IP: 95.144.40.61
Old 03-09-2017, 10:16 PM

Default Re: I-Dig systems 1D and 2D machine control.

Very interesting, it has potential for drainage work. Only a matter of time until these sort of things come on a new machine I suppose. The one thing missing was the ? which is the decision point for folk.
  #3   IP: 217.44.68.157
Old 04-09-2017, 08:18 AM
Knight of the East and West

Ballpark price would be good.
  #4   IP: 87.115.198.55
Old 04-09-2017, 08:26 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

I thought it was the I Dig Best system. This looks interesting, but I was really looking for the auto bucket steer to speed up grading large areas https://www.idigbest.com/
Graham
  #5   IP: 5.254.163.144
Old 04-09-2017, 09:10 AM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by pond digger View Post
Ballpark price would be good.
Agree, don't be shy!
  #6   IP: 87.115.198.55
Old 04-09-2017, 05:44 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

I tried a similar system back in 2012 (AGL EZDig pro), but didn't get on with it. Mainly because the guy selling them sold rotary lazers and didn't know about machines or how to set it up. There were also problems with the wireless link.
Technology has moved on so much since then those sort of problems should have been ironed out.
Graham
  #7   IP: 90.254.9.165
Old 04-09-2017, 07:59 PM
Provost and Judge

Been eyeing up the Trimble system for a while but the price tag is quite lumpy. If the Chinese have managed to make a reliable and simple system as this appears to be then I'm keen.

The youtube videos suggested you could set the size of an excavation with it as well but didnt really explain what would happen if you moved the machine. So for example can I set a size for a soakaway as long as I didn't move but I couldn't tell it I want a trench X meters long but have to move to complete the trench?

To be honest I've got loads of questions on how this works and how I can use it to full advantage. Oh and also the price

Can you do us a youtube video Aiden showing us all the features kinda like Dirt Ninja does with the Trimble system?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.