The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#11   IP: 31.52.94.169
Old 09-09-2017, 09:49 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: I-Dig systems 1D and 2D machine control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pond digger View Post
It's gone very quiet: perhaps it's a case of- if you need to ask the price, then you probably can't afford it
usually the case, sadly Chris.
With today's electronics and computing power something like this should not be dear at all really
  #12   IP: 88.21.204.134
Old 10-09-2017, 09:13 AM
Knight of the East

i guess demand and competition will bring the cost down eventually. waiting for the tiltys to half in price than im getting three.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #13   IP: 31.49.234.84
Old 10-09-2017, 10:45 AM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by pond digger View Post
It's gone very quiet: perhaps it's a case of- if you need to ask the price, then you probably can't afford it
IMHO I think it's a case that if you need it, you need it. For most of us it's a nice thought but the reality is that we can make do with other things, Easy for the bulk of people to quickly forget that in terms of general plant hire, Digger, Hitch and three buckets is pretty standard, you don't get Prolec, ZTS, A Hammer, etc etc unless it's requested/specified.

Just looking at Machine mounted laser receivers and grade control lasers.... not something we are asked for much, nor is it something I really have use for at present, but for about 1200 a nice setup could be achieved and for just 400 odd I could get a basic receiver to fit on any of the machines and level flat areas..... Question is though, Is it worth it? We've done fine up to now and leaving the laser checking to the builder/etc means we have no liabilities to get it right. If the builder gets it wrong theres no argument or issues.... We just send the bill.

Unless you NEED it, it boils down to what it's worth to you and if your going to gamble that it's your future... (Like Robotplant with his setup). Likewise the more established you are to start, the more risk/money you can spend.

Quote:
To Be Continued.....
  #14   IP: 176.24.253.11
Old 10-09-2017, 11:25 AM
Elect of Fifteen

think your absolutely right rory ,the more money you put in the more you need to make back i dont go out to work to pay finance companies i try to make some money for my selfit doesnt always go that way but we can but try
  #15   IP: 81.53.83.13
Old 10-09-2017, 05:58 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
IMHO I think it's a case that if you need it, you need it. For most of us it's a nice thought but the reality is that we can make do with other things, Easy for the bulk of people to quickly forget that in terms of general plant hire, Digger, Hitch and three buckets is pretty standard, you don't get Prolec, ZTS, A Hammer, etc etc unless it's requested/specified.

Just looking at Machine mounted laser receivers and grade control lasers.... not something we are asked for much, nor is it something I really have use for at present, but for about 1200 a nice setup could be achieved and for just 400 odd I could get a basic receiver to fit on any of the machines and level flat areas..... Question is though, Is it worth it? We've done fine up to now and leaving the laser checking to the builder/etc means we have no liabilities to get it right. If the builder gets it wrong theres no argument or issues.... We just send the bill.

Unless you NEED it, it boils down to what it's worth to you and if your going to gamble that it's your future... (Like Robotplant with his setup). Likewise the more established you are to start, the more risk/money you can spend.
I would be interested to know the price as well but dont now if my varied work warrants it.
A simple machine mounted receiver is definitely worth it though.... On with a sand school atm and when I had got it pretty close I had my grade laser set up low down with my crossfall in and clacked my cheap non compensating receiver on my blade just to trim it down to grade and it worked a treat

I would recommend a compensating version though to save having to position the stick vertical all the time when checking grade.
  #16   IP: 31.52.94.169
Old 10-09-2017, 07:52 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Diggers View Post
i guess demand and competition will bring the cost down eventually. waiting for the tiltys to half in price than im getting three.
it'll b a cold day in hell then, Dan .... nice to see you back posting a bit mate
  #17   IP: 90.255.10.233
Old 10-09-2017, 10:25 PM
Provost and Judge

On day work surely you charge more if you go kitted with all the toys. I certainly do when I'm asked to bring a breaker for example.

I work 98% on price work and that's where a system like this could really earn some money. If it can do what I think it can then I could leave one man digging and save money having the labourer doing other work at the same time. Job gets finished faster, use less diesel - you earn more money PLUS as the time adds up, you can fit another job into the year, earning you again.

Having said that there is always a cost vs reward decision to be had and tiltys fall on the expensive side for me at the moment. On my size machine I wont be able to reap the benefits of having one. Anyway, we've all already had this discussion and I don't want to derail the thread

I'll get in contact with Aiden privately and see if it fits my needs. Don't want to be accused of tire kicking asking the price

#18   IP: 31.52.94.169
Old 11-09-2017, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieGunns View Post
On day work surely you charge more if you go kitted with all the toys. I certainly do when I'm asked to bring a breaker for example.

I work 98% on price work and that's where a system like this could really earn some money. If it can do what I think it can then I could leave one man digging and save money having the labourer doing other work at the same time. Job gets finished faster, use less diesel - you earn more money PLUS as the time adds up, you can fit another job into the year, earning you again.

Having said that there is always a cost vs reward decision to be had and tiltys fall on the expensive side for me at the moment. On my size machine I wont be able to reap the benefits of having one. Anyway, we've all already had this discussion and I don't want to derail the thread

I'll get in contact with Aiden privately and see if it fits my needs. Don't want to be accused of tire kicking asking the price
TBH I am surprised at Aiden not responding with some sort of ball park figures to folks.

Like everyone else, I hate POA ads, with unrealistic figures of expectations, if you actually make the effort to chase it up.

Let's hope this does not fall into this category too, as it would appear to have a lot of interest and looks to be a good weapon, to have in ones arsenal

And TBF ... if it's good and realistically priced ..... why not put it up for all to see ... and admire
  #19   IP: 31.49.234.84
Old 11-09-2017, 07:15 AM
Knight of the East

If you consider the advantages of being able to swap it between an indefinite amount of machines its ideal and well priced IMHO.... against a basic system on one machine it seems expensive and tbh It's not something I need.

I've kicked the tires....

Quote:
To Be Continued.....
  #20   IP: 90.202.152.187
Old 11-09-2017, 07:16 AM
Provost and Judge

Maybe similer to this?

http://www.a1surveyequipment.net/mac...stem-168-c.asp

Ste