The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Finance and Administration

#11   IP: 46.208.140.234
Old 29-11-2014, 12:13 AM
Master Elect of Nine

Default Re: public, emplyers and plant insuranc

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Cheapest/best vehicle cover I've found these last 2 years has been Saga by a huge percentage over everyone else, even on renewal - actually went down a couple of quid!!
There seems little logic to the insurance market.
I've just been through re insuring the car and LV beat Saga by a fair margin.
As far as NFU goes I believe that their "branches" are all independent local franchises and are of variable "quality". The local branch here thoroughly p****d me off over a ludicrously high household quote and their car quotes have never been competitive . However when I had the business their quotes for the vans were always spot on.
  #12   IP: 86.165.229.119
Old 29-11-2014, 12:28 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman093 View Post
There seems little logic to the insurance market.
I've just been through re insuring the car and LV beat Saga by a fair margin.
As far as NFU goes I believe that their "branches" are all independent local franchises and are of variable "quality". The local branch here thoroughly p****d me off over a ludicrously high household quote and their car quotes have never been competitive . However when I had the business their quotes for the vans were always spot on.
'Evening Angus
I'm surprised by your LV comment and will remember that one in Jan.

NFU completely lost the plot on household a long time ago, but they were at one time, awesome on private vehicle, for me at least, with biz use.

They were always very good on my trucks too.

As you say though the ins. market is a fickle animal and can change in a blink and very often 'according to customer attitude'!

I also found Footman James very good on car ins. ........ for a while, then they too 'lost the plot' completely!!
  #13   IP: 86.27.91.7
Old 10-01-2015, 08:04 PM
Provost and Judge

Coversure were the cheapest for my plant insurance nearly half price of all the others that quoted all risk policies
  #14   IP: 86.165.130.102
Old 19-01-2015, 08:18 AM
Master Elect of Nine

I've got a vote for JCB insurance, great folk to deal with. Very thorough cover for exactly what your doing in business. Best price by far they were too... I got quotes last year and they beat them all by 200 then called me the next day to say they could beat that price again by 500, happy days.

Just had to add to the policy last week, it was a doddle and the premium only went up a small amount. 😃😃👍

NFU were the most inconsistent bunch of heroes I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. never ever again!
  #15   IP: 81.187.35.130
Old 21-01-2015, 09:20 AM
Master Elect of Nine

I use NFU for my vehicle cover, but I had a house quote off them and they were double that of the people I went with eventually! Ridiculous...
  #16   IP: 81.135.135.143
Old 21-01-2015, 11:03 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberprog View Post
I use NFU for my vehicle cover, but I had a house quote off them and they were double that of the people I went with eventually! Ridiculous...
Sounds familiar CP - completely lost the plot on household in 2011 !!!
  #17   IP: 86.165.130.102
Old 21-01-2015, 09:43 PM
Master Elect of Nine

No no, nfu have completely lost the plot full stop.

Can you insure my landrover? Yes
Hello I'm phoning to go ahead with that quote... Sorry we can't insure that.

Can you in sure my plant? Yes
Hello can we go ahead with the quote please?? Oh no sorry we don't insure plant.

WTF?? Tossers, I lost my rag in the end... They could have had the lot if they knew what they were doing.
I wanted to go with them as they have a local office and I like to do stuff face to face but don't care for them now.

Can't knock JCB For their insurance services, great staff too.
  #18   IP: 109.145.48.69
Old 21-01-2015, 10:00 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Another vote for JCB insurance services for plant and liability, been very good.
Have Ag machines with NFU, seem ok. Also have cars/vans with NFU, saved us a fortune on those. Asked them to have a look at the plant and liability, they did but said they could not compete with JCB on price or quality of cover.
Be nice if there was a company , that could provide it all, that you could trust? ......that will never happen!
Also found JCB finance services very good also, not only provide finance on JCB but any vehicle/machine, as long as it's not cometetive to JCB.