The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Finance and Administration

#11   IP: 86.26.201.210
Old 10-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Default Re: Energy prices ....on the way up

JD I can see your point of view about not worrying about energy prices as you are younger, however I do worry because as the prices increase at greater amounts than inflation let alone peoples wages how will we afford to live a comfortable life - at the minute all I can envisage is working to pay the bills and not having anything spare for an enjoyable life.

Even if the increases go back to being 2-3% a year e.t.c - 2-3% of a large amount to start with is quite an increase to deal with

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #12   IP: 95.144.193.2
Old 11-08-2011, 12:37 AM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by strott View Post
JD I can see your point of view about not worrying about energy prices as you are younger, however I do worry because as the prices increase at greater amounts than inflation let alone peoples wages how will we afford to live a comfortable life - at the minute all I can envisage is working to pay the bills and not having anything spare for an enjoyable life.

Even if the increases go back to being 2-3% a year e.t.c - 2-3% of a large amount to start with is quite an increase to deal with
Thing is we probably won't be able to mate

I get very pissed off (to a stupid extent) at people who moan on about how the world won't last another 50 years or nuclear apocolypse etc. I suppose It's the Blissful ignorance that often keeps me happy and going.

I think if I were to look at the future in depth i'd hang myself, but first I'd write a will detailing I want to be burnt (so I cannot be charged landfill tax) and thrown out into the middle of the english channel.

for instance today I have been looking at jobs (for many reasons). And theres None here. None atall. To get a permenant job I'm going to have to do alot of chanceing and move to bristol or further away.

I could make my own work but It really does require more experince than I have. I know I can pull the levers, but I lack the knolege of "where to place yourself".

If I ever have the money I'm firstly buying some land, then a Gyppo wagon. and from then on I'll be happy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
To Be Continued.....
  #13   IP: 86.26.201.210
Old 11-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post

I could make my own work but It really does require more experince than I have. I know I can pull the levers, but I lack the knolege of "where to place yourself".
You say that but what type of jobs would you be doing at first?

Small/domestic type stuff? - if so, a majority of the tasks you will be required to do are relatively simple and their are limited ways you can go about them therefore hopefully less chance of things going wrong.

I know where your coming from and how you feel with regards to lack of experience - I was and to a degree still think the same about myself!!

Learning from other operators is very helpful and informative but it may also mean you pick up bad habits - I watched guys do stuff when I was a kid which at the time I thought was brilliant but the reality is different

In other words a bit of trust in yourself and the use of common sense hopefully means the job gets done safely and well, the first couple of times may not be the most efficient way of doing the job but thats how you learn.