The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Finance and Administration

#1   IP: 92.41.51.206
Old 26-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Grand Master Architect

Default Small claims

Probably going to have an agency try n 'stiff' me,suprise suprise
MCG co.has fouled up,agency ain't gonna say 'boo to that goose'still get work from them,so looks like the agency will try n pay me half what I'm owed.
I've got email confirmation of what I should be paid,will send timesheet/letter explaining why/what I should be paid to agency,recorded delivery,I've also got text confirmation that the 'fault' lies with the BBig co.
If I don't get paid the full amount,next step online small claims,only concern is where it says if contested it goes to court nearest defendant,which ain't near me!
Has anyone experience good or bad of using small claims?probs looking at around 500 quid they'l try n avoid paying
  #2   IP: 86.154.38.136
Old 26-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Secret Master

Default Re: Small claims

i think they try mediation first ie the call you then them etc and try to come to some agreement ?? cheapest way out for all
  #3   IP: 92.41.51.206
Old 26-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroy View Post
i think they try mediation first ie the call you then them etc and try to come to some agreement ?? cheapest way out for all
Cheers,hope so,easy to answer my call,'give me ma money!'lol
  #4   IP: 86.173.33.40
Old 27-01-2012, 05:41 AM
Knight of the East

In my experience (which is minor) as soon as you file a claim they sit up, take notice and pay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #5   IP: 195.93.21.72
Old 27-01-2012, 07:06 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Small claims tribunals often leave the claimant waiting for his money and then only getting it in installments.
As you are dealing with an agency that is turning over large amounts of cash, dealing with large clients, it would be in their best interest to pay you, even if they lost money.
Think of the bad publicity they would soon get, they need to be reminded of this.
You can tell them that you will persist until you get paid, telling them also, that the biG company says "if we get to much grief from this we'll stop using the ........agency".
It is allways better to mediate and keep your cool. Good luck.

Last edited by Traxcavator.; 27-01-2012 at 07:15 AM.
  #6   IP: 92.40.114.111
Old 27-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Grand Master Architect

Yeah,agree with the above,had text and email this morning telling me their only paying half,and nothing I can do about it,wait n see what goes in the bank

Last edited by lynchy; 27-01-2012 at 10:02 AM.
  #7   IP: 195.93.21.72
Old 27-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

If you had an agreed rate they have to pay you.
If it is a dispute over hours booked, and you have a signed Time sheet then again they have to pay you.
If they come up with the old " He wasn't authourised to sign" check if he signed other previous passed sheets.
  #8   IP: 92.40.14.239
Old 27-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Grand Master Architect

My problem is this,was contacted by agency I've never worked for,wanted machine operator with specific ticket,which I have,email confirmation 6 shifts,started job first 3 shifts ok,got text,not a phone call obviously not wanting to be 'bearer of bad news',late on 4th day saying agency's client didn't want people with ticket I have wanted something else,not to go back,woman from agency,when I rang her said she would 'try and do something about it' as she had email from client asking specifically for 2 operators with the ticket I have.Got text off her today saying client only paying for shifts done,I ain't bothered what agency's client pays to them,the agency got me up on job,knowing what ticket I have,and because they don't want to 'rock the boat' won't put it to their client that after having got people up to Glasgow for a weeks work it ain't fair to turn round half way through and 'bump' them,when we were doing the work the client and agency originally asked for,might have a case,might not,just know that after working 5 years self employed/through agency' haven't been treated like this before,don't intend to start now,oh yeah,made me laugh,woman from agency said'understand your frustration'will try and get you some work'well I ain't needed them in the past 5 years,if this is their idea of workwouldn't be doing owt else for them,'fool me once.shame on you,fool me twice,shame on me!'
  #9   IP: 85.189.128.177
Old 27-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Soverign Grand Inspector General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Diggers View Post
In my experience (which is minor) as soon as you file a claim they sit up, take notice and pay
That is our experience also.

Ask Greenwoods (discussed in other threads on monies owed) to handle it for you - I'm sure you will get a result.

www.greenwoodandco.com

UK Distributors and Installers of: Lincoln Auto Lube Systems | Loadrite Weighing Systems | Alphaview Vehicle CCTV

#10   IP: 92.41.91.107
Old 28-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by the very hungry caterpillar View Post
That is our experience also.

Ask Greenwoods (discussed in other threads on monies owed) to handle it for you - I'm sure you will get a result.

www.greenwoodandco.com
Cheers,I'l look into it