The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Finance and Administration

#1   IP: 188.31.135.19
Old 14-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Default McArdles

Just this minute heard that McArdles have laid a good few of their operators off. Not sure about the tipper drivers.
  #2   IP: 31.97.129.181
Old 14-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Default Re: McArdles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxcavator. View Post
Just this minute heard that McArdles have laid a good few of their operators off. Not sure about the tipper drivers.
Just mentioned this to the truck driver (free lance) I have here today and he said 30 of 100 tipper drivers got notice plus 2 of 3 transport managers are going. He doesn't know about plant ops but not suprised. He reckons the London yard is also on the market.

No wonder every man and his dog keeps asking what I know about the Sheffield job

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #3   IP: 94.196.141.60
Old 14-02-2013, 04:03 PM

I was under the impression that Jim McArdle sold the Wembley yard when they moved to Colnbrook.

I heard that Balfour Skanska had won 300 million worth of work on the M25 and local infrastructures. I was also under the impression that there was some sort of deal involving McArdle. I guess there is work but when and if !!
  #4   IP: 94.196.32.89
Old 15-02-2013, 08:28 PM
Grand Master Architect

Must've had a lot of kit on m1/25 a bit ago,guess the problem comes expanding to take up work,then follow on,doesn't follow quite so closely???
  #5   IP: 92.5.206.147
Old 15-02-2013, 08:30 PM

There's aload of there wagons down here in Bristol on a big muck away job,must be around the corner from where im working as there wagons are come past allday long and lots of them.
  #6   IP: 195.93.21.68
Old 15-02-2013, 09:20 PM

It doesn't seem that long ago when McArdle only had 14 trucks.
They recently sold out and even more recently bought out McKenna plant from Weatley. The M25 did keep them very busy but has not fired up again yet.
  #7   IP: 92.17.183.23
Old 16-02-2013, 12:13 AM
Master Elect of Nine

last september i did some driving for gap plant hire out of there norwich depot and went to a couple of McArdles sites near kings lynn and feltwell where they where doing work on cells for waste sites and chatting to the guys on them they where saying they have quite a few of them lined up in the next couple of years
  #8   IP: 86.182.100.42
Old 16-02-2013, 07:09 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydigger View Post
........ they where doing work on cells for waste sites ............... where saying they have quite a few of them lined up in the next couple of years
No doubt, the problem is that would only keep probably a dozen men and machines occupied. I dont know how many machines they have these days and had no idea there was anything like 100 trucks.

I also heard, like trax that they were doing the earthworks on the south section of M25 which is only just gearing up and to be honest cant involve much muck shift at all as there are no hills to scalp lumps out of and its going to HSR not widening but will no doubt keep a good few road tippers occupied for a good while.

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #9   IP: 86.169.196.95
Old 21-02-2013, 10:25 AM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasRob View Post
No doubt, the problem is that would only keep probably a dozen men and machines occupied. I dont know how many machines they have these days and had no idea there was anything like 100 trucks.

I also heard, like trax that they were doing the earthworks on the south section of M25 which is only just gearing up and to be honest cant involve much muck shift at all as there are no hills to scalp lumps out of and its going to HSR not widening but will no doubt keep a good few road tippers occupied for a good while.
Rob,they came on for dozer M25 south two weeks ago but could,nt help
them,i,ve one on hire still on a tip in norfolk
  #10   IP: 195.93.21.68
Old 21-02-2013, 08:11 PM

I know of a company chasing a 300 bill and they have been asked to be patient. so I am told.