The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Finance and Administration

#11   IP: 188.29.89.93
Old 21-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Grand Master Architect

Default Re: McArdles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxcavator. View Post
I know of a company chasing a 300 bill and they have been asked to be patient. so I am told.
Hardly worth making a second phone call over!
  #12   IP: 195.93.21.68
Old 21-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Well if true it doesn't look good for creditors.
  #13   IP: 94.5.26.176
Old 21-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Mc Ardles are on a large muckshift in Filtion, Bristol. There are supposed to be around 60 lorries constantly shifting muck, most of which have greedy boards fitted on the sides. They've been shifting since the start of December and are still going.

Also two of they're low loaders near Cardiff running together, i think one was a 60 ton, the other was a 100 ton unit, both Volvos i think.
  #14   IP: 195.93.21.68
Old 21-02-2013, 11:43 PM

Well thats good then, I knew they were working in the Bristol area. If they get paid on time and are running efficiently, which they usually do, it will help. That must mean most of the fleet is working there too, if they have shed 30 odd. As far as I know they have only two low loaders.
  #15   IP: 94.5.26.176
Old 21-02-2013, 11:51 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxcavator. View Post
Well thats good then, I knew they were working in the Bristol area. If they get paid on time and are running efficiently, which they usually do, it will help. That must mean most of the fleet is working there too, if they have shed 30 odd. As far as I know they have only two low loaders.
Tim, I dont think its purely McArdles on it, i have seen some Bristol & Avon lorries on it too, along with some old Shilibier trucks? Looked like the low loaders were on theyre way to pick some kit up, was about 7 in the morning last Saturday. Also saw Walters huge lowloader, 150 tons or somethng like that?
  #16   IP: 86.155.203.10
Old 21-04-2013, 09:47 PM

i heard things might have come to a head for them this weekend , lets hope its not true
  #17   IP: 81.156.146.34
Old 22-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Grand Master Architect

Yeah I read something about that but I cant find any details on it. Apparently, Scottish power were having problems too but I cant find details on that either.
  #18   IP: 86.182.67.180
Old 22-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Prince of Jerusalem

I know its no direct indication of anything but I see the smaller lowloader, 10 of their tippers and 4 in McEnna's livery are in the RB auction tomorrow.

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #19   IP: 86.182.67.180
Old 22-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecall View Post
Apparently, Scottish power were having problems too but I cant find details on that either.
I did hear something during Friday nightshift on one or two of the news reports about a "coal" producer in Scotland being in trouble and had forgotten about it until you mentioned Scottish Power.

Whether its the same, related or completely different I'm not sure but I do remember thinking thats a lot of big plant going to be standing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #20   IP: 86.182.67.180
Old 22-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Prince of Jerusalem

Got an email update while typing last post

COPY & PASTED FROM

http://www.theconstructionindex.co.u...vy-plant-fleet

Castlebridge Plant Limited (CPL) is being wound up, along with sister company Scottish Coal.
CPL operates what is described as Europe's largest heavy earthmoving fleet.

Scottish Coal has been suffering a combination of falling coal prices, rising operational costs (particularly fuel) and a number of sites exhausting their reserves.

Despite significant efforts in recent months, the company was unable to secure the level of investment required to enable the business to continue, administrators said.

Blair Nimmo and Tony Friar of KPMG were appointed joint provisional liquidators of both companies on 19 April 2013 by the Court of Session in Edinburgh at the request of the directors. Scottish Coal is the main trading subsidiary of Scottish Resources Group Ltd.

Scottish Coal began life in 1994 when British Coal was privatised. It operates six open cast coal mines in Scotland. Together with CPL, the business employed a total of 732 people.

Approximately 450 staff were placed on notice of redundancy on 7 March as the company sought to restructure. On the appointment of provisional liquidators, 590 employees were made redundant and all operations have ceased with immediate effect. The remaining 142 employees have been retained to assist in securing the sites while the joint provisional liquidators explore how best to maximise returns from the assets of the business, principally the sites, plant and stocks.

Mr Nimmo, who is also head of restructuring for KPMG in Scotland, said: “In light of Scottish Coal’s poor trading and financial position, we have had to cease trading with immediate effect. It is extremely regrettable that we have had to make so many redundancies but have been left with no other option.

“We would like to thank staff for their co-operation through this difficult process. We will be working with the employees and the relevant Government agencies to ensure that the full range of support is available to all those affected.

“We will be looking to secure the sale of certain sites as well as the company’s key assets in the coming weeks. It is still possible that mining operations will continue and offer future employment prospects for at least some of the people who have lost their jobs today.”