The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Finance and Administration

#11   IP: 86.155.203.10
Old 27-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Default Re: Is it financially viable

but i think we all know a deal like that wont exist

all the machines at clancys are supplied with fuel by them ,hence my guessing this is what is meant
  #12   IP: 86.149.182.237
Old 27-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

If fuel is all ways there on site thats ok.......its when you have to start supplying it with a promise of repayment
  #13   IP: 195.93.21.69
Old 27-04-2013, 10:03 PM

You need to get 700 per week plus fuel self drive for a twenty tonne tracked excavator. If you cant then hire one from the idiot who's doing it for 500 ..... simple. New EC210C last year was 90K you then have to service it and absorb wear and tear. Service kit for 2000 hr service is 450 plus oil and labour.
  #14   IP: 151.227.210.228
Old 27-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Grand Master Architect

Tim because you are a loyal Volvo guy can you not service yourself, if your using volvo/approved parts, Tom must be trusted enough/competent enough.

As an aside to this we had a 3cx off Savage a couple of weeks ago for 26 an hour with fuel supplied but we let the guy fill up out of our tanks as he was good/friendly and didn't mind getting out an helping out on the ground, so from savages point of view win win but the operator didn't get anything from it,
  #15   IP: 81.156.52.86
Old 27-04-2013, 10:12 PM
Grand Master Architect

Yeah I didn't put that properly The company he's gonna go and work for are supplying fuel. Even with this paid for, I still reckon he's gonna have to get at least 35ph to make it worth while and I know he aint gonna get that much.
Even at that rate it's only 1500pw and even though it looks good on paper, there won't be a lot left to put aside for any mishaps.
  #16   IP: 86.155.203.10
Old 27-04-2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmayor View Post

As an aside to this we had a 3cx off Savage a couple of weeks ago for 26 an hour with fuel supplied but we let the guy fill up out of our tanks as he was good/friendly and didn't mind getting out an helping out on the ground, so from savages point of view win win but the operator didn't get anything from it,
did you not feel sorry for him having to drive Britains finest
  #17   IP: 86.149.182.237
Old 27-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

While were talking hourly rates.....this was in 2003.A local doncaster guy had a small fleet of cat 951's he did a lot for VHE for 23 quid an hour,don't think he got fuel for that though.
  #18   IP: 151.227.210.228
Old 27-04-2013, 10:41 PM
Grand Master Architect

Gra the Guy was a decent fella and has been on 3c's all his life, hates it with a passion it is an eco 61 plate. Cares about his mount god nows why!!!!!!!!!!!! didn't object to him filling up at all. Savages have the union jack painted all over the machine, Well what a load of bollocks how they get the queens award for industry baffles me...................

Pecall on paper yes sounds great but real world!!!

If you can get hire and driver only so that the emphasis is on them great, if you are being asked to make the decisions then not so great,

I recently got asked to put a 3c and driver/myself on for a well known Midlands firm great i thought but when it actually came to it it was not as simple as that they expected me to make the decisions that earnt me a mediocre wage and organise the work for the machine and the lads and the streetworks lads for 23.50 an hour, supply your own fuel, fuck off i told them literally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I lived closer to Tim i would work for him he knows all about pricing, what to pay the lads and if the sums don't add up he won't do it simple, he is still in buisness and there is a reason for that???????

Pecall If you can get that holly grale deal for 6 months and in writing go for it, Daz

Last edited by Exmayor; 27-04-2013 at 10:44 PM.
  #19   IP: 81.156.52.86
Old 28-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmayor View Post

Pecall If you can get that holly grale deal for 6 months and in writing go for it, Daz
It aint me Daz, I did the O/D route with a truck and I aint going there again.
  #20   IP: 5.67.216.124
Old 29-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Secret Master

All I'd be thinking is what have you got to show for it at the end? To me it's like renting a house, all your doing is paying off someone else's mortgage !!!

If you've got the work and worried about costs I'd suggest finance and a service contract you'll have a fixed cost minus repairs and it may not be cheaper than doing servicing yourself but if he's only just starting out all he'd have to worry about is fuel and repairs

Hope this helps